Skyrim won't load

JeremeW5257

I'm having the same problem. Every time I install a new mod it does this. I have to go into my data files and uninstall a handful of just RANDOM mods for it to work. Then exit and re-install them. I know it's not really the mods because my game worked perfectly fine before with the same mods I take off. It thinks that "Duel - Combat Realism.esp" and/or "DragonCombateOverhaul" is the problem. Which again, isn't the problem since I played over 200 hours using these mods. This all started after I installed "Immersive Creatures" mod. Did anyone every find out why this happens? Or how to fix it?

You most likely have to change the load order of the mods you add. Idk enough about it to really tell you how it should be, but I know load order is the cause of 98% of CTD problems (most likely including the one I'm dealing with right now) so I'd start there. Hope that helps

I'm having the same problem. Every time I install a new mod it does this. I have to go into my data files and uninstall a handful of just RANDOM mods for it to work. Then exit and re-install them. I know it's not really the mods because my game worked perfectly fine before with the same mods I take off. It thinks that "Duel - Combat Realism.esp" and/or "DragonCombateOverhaul" is the problem. Which again, isn't the problem since I played over 200 hours using these mods. This all started after I installed "Immersive Creatures" mod. Did anyone every find out why this happens? Or how to fix it?

You most likely have to change the load order of the mods you add. Idk enough about it to really tell you how it should be, but I know load order is the cause of 98% of CTD problems (most likely including the one I'm dealing with right now) so I'd start there. Hope that helps

I wouldn't know how to go about putting them in their correct orders. I usually just use the Nexus Mod Manager. I've heard load orders are a big problem causer, but I've never really had a problem until now. I usually just uninstall EVERY mod then start the game up. Then go back and put every mod back - Works perfectly. It always gives me troubles when I download a new mod. :sad:

Edit: While looking I found someone said their SKSE was outdated. Maybe that's the problem.. Off to find out.

Edited by Reality93

• 2 years later...

Since I started using the Mods, and Uninstalling, Reinstalling so many times I cant count, the game never Plays, ever, ever, ever. Let's me know what a fool I was to ever try to experience this Game. Nothing works. Looks like I will either have to destroy my account and create a new one or just kill some Cats and sacrifice them to Steam and Nexus. even deleting the Mods, all downloads from the above and redoing it more times than I can count amounts to a waste of time and letting me know nothing I try amounts to anything. I give up. Money spent for Multiple Adoptions, Add-on's , Etc., Total waste of my time, Money and effort. This Sucks to no unprintable words to express my Complete dissatisfaction to being used like a 2 dollar piece of ass. My deepest thanks for Screwing over what was supposed to be an enjoyable experience. Could have Tazered my Balls for a lot less money and experienced the same. For what was supposed to be Fun, well, you have it. Do not try the Mods, what you got first will probably be all you get. I have to pay someone to clean my Computer out now because I don't have any idea what's Crapping in my World now, wish I was Rich enough to afford this abuse and that unaffordable option. Will take a few Years before I can even consider playing another Game.

Steam for some reason is horrible at uninstalling games it just uninstalls the game but leaves alot files like mods,config files, etc steam dosent fully uninstall the game. Go to iobit.com and download uninstaller its completely free run it click on skyrim or any othe game you want to delete click uninstall after it has uninstalled it will search your computer for any remaning files that steam left out and delete them.

Also forgot to add if you are using lots of mods especially ones like civil war overhaul make sure you follow their guide to installing and uninstalling also I have no idea or not but if your mods arnt in the proper load order the game will never start and ctd or just freeze you can use a program like LOOT or boss I would recremend loot and they will automatically sort your mods in the correct load order and notify you of any errors or conflicting mods. Hope this helps