Start Skyrim without Steam?

Sylwina

Hello!!

I can't start my Skyrim game ever since I cleared all my Internet history. I've singed back into Steam on the website, but I still can not start Skyrim on my laptop. My internet connection here is pretty bad, so my Steam account can - apparently - not be accessed from my laptop to start my game. Is there anything I can do to start the game without Steam?

Thank you,

Sylwina

If you've set Steam to offline mode you can still play Skyrim but as far as I know there isn't any way to bypass having to run Steam unless your copy was pirated. In fact asking this might be borderline ban material (I could be wrong.) so be careful there. If you cannot start Steam at all I'd suggest trying to uninstall and reinstall Steam again. Anyway, as long as Steam has verified at least once during Skyrim's install that it's a legal copy I believe you can permanently set Steam to remain offline which should still allow you to play Skyrim or any other games without trouble.

It is a legal copy, but since I am currently on an exchange I left my copy of the game at home. Steam starts up completely normal, says it's connecting to my account, but then I get a message saying that a connection to the steam network is not possible and offline mode is not possible because there is no login information saved on this computer. As I said above, that all started after I cleared my internet history, however I did actually not delete login information - I was still logged on to my other social networking sites etc. I think it's the crappy Internet connection here - the wireless won't work on my phone either. I'll try uninstalling Steam and re-installing it - hopefully that'll work.

thanks

Edit: I have now re-installed steam: when it tries to update I get a message saying: Steam.exe (main exception): To run Steam, you must first connect to the internet.

I am connected to the internet!

Edited by Sylwina

It is a legal copy, but since I am currently on an exchange I left my copy of the game at home. Steam starts up completely normal, says it's connecting to my account, but then I get a message saying that a connection to the steam network is not possible and offline mode is not possible because there is no login information saved on this computer. As I said above, that all started after I cleared my internet history, however I did actually not delete login information - I was still logged on to my other social networking sites etc. I think it's the crappy Internet connection here - the wireless won't work on my phone either. I'll try uninstalling Steam and re-installing it - hopefully that'll work.

thanks

Edit: I have now re-installed steam: when it tries to update I get a message saying: Steam.exe (main exception): To run Steam, you must first connect to the internet.

I am connected to the internet!

Steam doesn't appear to think so...... wonder what kind of connection it requires to believe that it IS connected.

Can you go someplace that offers a hot spot, get things started that way, and then just put steam in to off-line mode?

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone else is having the same problem, here's how I solved it:

I went to an internet cafe and downloaded Steam again, installed it - worked.

I then had to download Skyrim again, which took 23 hours, after downloading, all my mods were corrupt/didn't work, so I had to download each and everyone again, install it.

Now Skyrim's working again.