How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. One really easy way to tell if it does if if there's a "scripts" folder that comes along with the mod. However, that only tells you that it does have scripts. There's no easy way to tell if a script doesn't have scripts, except to go through every single form in a given mod using TES5Edit and check if any of those forms has a Virtual Machine entry (that's what it calls a script entry).

If you're certain there are no duplicate FormIDs then there shouldn't be a problem.

If you copied an ESP with script data, I'd recommend opening up your merged mod in the Creation Kit and checking that form's script properties just in case. I found that in many cases it would only appear that the script information had been successfully copied, but inspecting in the creation kit showed that all the properties had been filled with "None". I think this may be because TES5Edit doesn't change the FormID information in the Virtual Machine entry, so it's trying to load a FormID that no longer exists.

Edited by MTichenor

The merged patch function simply merges leveled lists together. If you go into TES5Edit and use Create Merged Patch, and check out the newly created mod, you'll see that it usually contains only Leveled Item entries. More importantly, it doesn't merge the ones you've selected; it merges all the leveled item changes in all the mods you have loaded with TES5Edit.

This topic is about merging entire mods, complete with: weapons, armor, items, npcs, cell edits, potions, actor value info, recipes, container edits, combat styles, encounter zones, imagespaces, enchantments perk changes, quests, races, and more.

The merged patch function simply merges leveled lists together. If you go into TES5Edit and use Create Merged Patch, and check out the newly created mod, you'll see that it usually contains only Leveled Item entries. More importantly, it doesn't merge the ones you've selected; it merges all the leveled item changes in all the mods you have loaded with TES5Edit.

This topic is about merging entire mods, complete with: weapons, armor, items, npcs, cell edits, potions, actor value info, recipes, container edits, combat styles, encounter zones, imagespaces, enchantments perk changes, quests, races, and more.

hmm, that might explain things. i''ve tried the right click "create merged patch" method quite a few times trying to get Skytest and Monster Mod to work together, but the created patches never seem to make any difference. i still crash at same spots w/ both those. (skytest is the most problematic as it still ctds occasionally on it's own, while momod doesn't). and strangely i sometimes show different masters after making the patches even tho the load is same and i'm choosing same mods. could i have damaged the mods during the save (like u mention in 1st post)?

so would this method work on multiple clothing/armor mods, better than the "create merged patch" way?

and i've not unpacked the bsas in Momod or Skytest, but i'm guessing as complex as they both are, that they both probably have scripts. so u think this method would work for merging those 2?

I'm not sure if you've damage the mods...You can always use NMM to uninstall and reinstall them to get them back to their default state.

This method works best on multiple clothing and armor mods, since they usually don't have scripts.

I know for a fact that this won't work on MoMod or SkyTEST, since they have scripts that break when you merge them...I've tried.