How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

This is why MTichenor is my go to man when I get confused with technical stuff (or I need a shoulder to cry on).

:tongue:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if you've damage the mods...You can always use NMM to uninstall and reinstall them to get them back to their default state.

This method works best on multiple clothing and armor mods, since they usually don't have scripts.

I know for a fact that this won't work on MoMod or SkyTEST, since they have scripts that break when you merge them...I've tried.

yeah i figured as much about test and momod. i'm seriously going nuts over these 2 mods lol. kills me to get rid of either but guess i'll have to. but even that's drivin me nuts because i'd rather keep Skytest for the realism, yet it alone is still a little unstable w/ all 240+ mods. momod is stable, and has great additions, but doesn't offer that realism. gah!

so after merging my clothing mods using your method, i should then be able to uncheck the merged mods and delete their esps from the Data folder? i'm gettin too close to that 255 esp limit lol

One noob question, if I merge armor or weapons mods with their own leveled list, what happen to the merged ones? only the one where the others are merged mantain the leveled list or all the leveled list survives? or there is a method to fuse the leveled list?. Thanks for your answers.

I've been doing this for some time now while I wait for Gecko...I didn't use your tut since I figured it out on my own, but this is almost exactly how I do it, only I don't use the extra step of renumbering the mods I'm merging, instead I simply change the forms in the new file after I've saved it, don't know which way is faster, but it's good that there's a tut out there for others.

Having over 1,000 mods = no game time, so I don't really have a choice in this matter.

@AlberichMX I'm not sure ATM, but I think if you copy + override, it SHOULD merge the lists in the new file, but I can't be sure since I haven't gotten to that point in my own files yet (too many mods to work through so I have to do them in small batches.)

Worst case is you just manually recreate the list, shouldn't be hard since if it's a vanilla list you'd see the mods that use it.

Or, create a merged patch then copy THAT list into the merged mod.

@Mookeylama

You should be able to uncheck the ESPs and delete them, yes. Provided everything worked correctly in the merge process.

@AlberichMX

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I haven't tried that before. I believe that when a mod entry is copied into the new mod over-writes the previous entry if there is one.

awesome. one last question and i'll give this a shot. i have like 7-8 of the single "facelift" type mods that just change one npc's looks. like one that changes Lydia, one for Ysolda, ect. and then i have a couple that change more. like NPC Overhaul and one that changes all the Companions Guild. i don't like all the changes in those 2 multi changer mods so i overwrite them w/ the single npc changers which i place lower in the load. i think they are very simple mods and only change looks. would i be able to merge those w/ this method? or would i loose my chosen overwrites? )some of these mods are bsa and some loose files)

for instance i don't like the lydia or aela changes in the NPC Overhaul, so i place the single Lydia.esp and single Aela.esp after the overhaul in load order so that they will overwrite the overhaul. i'm guessing if i merge all those then i'd loose the overwrites? thanks!

Simply copy them into your new file in the same order they're listed in your load order, with the one lowest in your load order copied last. It should work fine. However, when merging mods with assets, your primary problem will be archived data.

Skyrim will automatically load a BSA that has the same name as an active ESP file. It will also load BSAs that are listed in the Skyrim.ini file in the [Archive] section with the sResourceArchiveList or sResourceArchiveList2 variables. You'll need to either add the BSA archives for those mods to your resource lists, or extract the BSA contents as loose files in order to get them to load properly.

This is perfect! Thanks a LOT for this tutorial. I've been meaning to find a way to merge .esp's together for my mod without going through too many steps. (Esmify with Wrye Bash, then over to the CK ini for version control then CK for version control merging, then espify with Wrye... Too messy).

Another question; lets say I have 5 mods that each add a new weapon. Do I need to make sure that when I change the formIDs of the 5 weapon mods to 400000 through 440000 to never use those formIDs for any other future merged mod, or do the formIDs only need to be unique within that specific merged mod?