• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

neok182

neok182

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
As the title says, creation kit crashes when trying to load dragonborn.

Assertion

Assert

File: C\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGSLocalizedString.cpp

Line: 2860
LOCALIZATION: Error opening or reading strings file.

and if i choose abort, ignore, or retry, it crashes. never seen this happen before, but first time i've opened a dlc for this game in the kit.

MotoSxorpio

MotoSxorpio

Moto Psycho

• Staff
  • 3,490 posts
Loading Dragonborn in CK: Add Dragonborn.bsa to SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini.:

1. Use your text editor to open SkyrimEditor.ini within C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\

2. Under the heading [Archive], change the line

"SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa"

to

"SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa"

3. Save, exit and launch the Creation Kit, selecting Skyrim.esm and Dragonborn.esm as your master files in the Data menu.

Painkiller97

Painkiller97

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
Good info above, wrong file: you need to edit SkyrimEditor.ini, not SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini.

matthias5770

matthias5770

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
Derp I can't believe I forgot this (now time to go see if I can make armor with the Dragon Aspect visual effect....)

Valaron748

Valaron748

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I keep getting the following error when trying to load the Dragonborn.esm "MASTERFILE: File Dragonborn.esm is a higher version than this EXE can load" has anyone else encountered this, my CK is up to date

jcdenton2012

jcdenton2012

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Thanks for that... I wish that I didn't have to upgrade these scripts each and every single time that they release a new DLC. Its such a pain...

jebber1999

jebber1999

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i have used MOTOSXORPIO and painkiller97s method and still having the same problem as neok182 some help would be very nice.

KahjiitRaj

KahjiitRaj

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

I managed to get it working by adding "sLanguage=ENGLISH" under "[General]" in the SkyrimEditor.ini in addition to adding "Dragonborn.bsa" to "SResourceArchiveList2" under "[Archive]" as shown above. I hope that helps!

saili

saili

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I managed to get it working by adding "sLanguage=ENGLISH" under "[General]" in the SkyrimEditor.ini in addition to adding "Dragonborn.bsa" to "SResourceArchiveList2" under "[Archive]" as shown above. I hope that helps!

i had to add "sLanguage=GERMAN" AND Dragonborn.bsa for me and now it works also.(i have the german version)

Thank you very mutch

PS

steam is F..... s***

why do we have to do all this s*** manually and serch for help and waste a lot of time

why is steam not able to do all this s*** for us automatically after every update,why do we pay for?

Edited by saili, 18 February 2013 - 03:30 PM.

jimbot70

jimbot70

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Steam doesn't update the Workshop because Bethesda give them anything to update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.099 seconds