Dragonborn creation kit crashing

neok182

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having the same problems. The assert localization error at line 2860. I don't even have the dragonborn dlc yet, and the error tends to occur when CK is loading Dawnguard at 98%, however i added dawnguard and hearthfire previously in the skyrimeditor.ini, and they were working fine before the new dlc and updates n such.. Now when i try to load i get the assert error and the CK doesnt immediately crash when i click ignore, but it just stays on 98% and never finishes loading, and then stops working when i go to close CK. I tried putting in the line for the language and adding the dlcs in the archive n such and so far nothing is working.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I managed to get it working by adding "sLanguage=ENGLISH" under "[General]" in the SkyrimEditor.ini in addition to adding "Dragonborn.bsa" to "SResourceArchiveList2" under "[Archive]" as shown above. I hope that helps!

THIS ^^^^^^^

Thank you KahjiitRaj, not only can I load all of the DLC in CK now, but adding the sLanguage parameter seems to have cured the random CTD every 15 min if anyone is still having that issue

• 2 months later...

Steam doesn't update the Workshop because Bethesda give them anything to update.

Bethesda already got enough suckers to pay for the game, so they moved on to another (and ceased to update this one) - modus operandi. They did the same with Fallout 3, then NV, Skyrim... Has anyone else noticed that they always sell their new games with a million bugs, and stop updating before half of them are fixed?