• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

pcherokee1988

pcherokee1988

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
For some reason, all of a sudden I lost the ability to absorb dragon souls. I tried uninstalling all my mods to see if that was the problem, and nothing. Has anybody had a similar problem and been able to fix it?

Dracion

Dracion

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
yea i have the same problem i cant absorb dragon souls and pple say that the unoffical dragonborn patch fixes it but it didnt fix it for me but you can try to use the UDBP.

Andross2000

Andross2000

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I found this an issue when I killed a dragon on Solsthiem, as well. Has this happened with more than one dragon? Do you have Dragonborn activated? I had thought it possible that because Miraak is also the dragon born guy, there is a bug preventing it.

There is actually a point after when you encounter Miraak for the first time, and then I fought a dragon on Solsthiem, he actually steals the soul from you. Instead of you absorbing it, it goes it him. Maybe this is the same issue you are having, in which case, I would say it sounds like a bug dealing with Miraak's absorb trigger. They worked it out for after your encounter with Miraak, but didn't work out the kinks for before. Or maybe it was intended for you not to absorb dragon souls until Miraak is dead. Maybe it was intended but IDK sounds like a bug to me.

Edited by Andross2000, 08 February 2013 - 12:20 AM.

VictoriaG

VictoriaG

Forever Fallen

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
If you have Dragonborn and the unofficial skyrim patch loaded then you need to grab the unofficial dragonborn patch to cure this.

Dracion

Dracion

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
i cant absorb the soul of any dragon i fight even in the skyrim mainland and the dragon doesnt even start to burn up the dragon just dies and nothing happends and that i think is preventing me from beating miraak at the final battle he bring the dragon dwon and kills it but when it dies it doesnt burn up and he doesnt take the soul.

VictoriaG

VictoriaG

Forever Fallen

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
Yes this was caused by the Unofficial Skyrim patch, if you have it loaded then grab this: http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/31083/

ginnyfizz

ginnyfizz

The ONE AND ONLY Official Queen of the Nexus

• Premium Member
  • 3,471 posts
I just got Dragonborn and before starting Skyrim with it active, I made sure to get the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch and use BOSS to beat up my load order. On starting the game, before going to Solstheim I first took my char to kill the dragon at Northwind Summit. My girl absorbed the soul with no issues.

I had no problem with the arrival at Raven Rock by boat either...

pcherokee1988

pcherokee1988

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
I had the unofficial skyrim patch, the hearhfire one, the dawnguard one and the dragonborn one. And yet this is still happening... I even tried taking everything off, and still nothing.

pcherokee1988

pcherokee1988

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
I finally figured it out! It's a problem with the SKSE. I just deactivated the mods that use the SKSE and started playing Skyrim with the normal launcher and it worked perfectly. I'm about to contact the SKSE team right now to let them know about the problem.

Rastafariel

Rastafariel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
I have the same problem and I have the new UDBP and its in the right load order and Im still getting the bug. Also, I dont have SKSE.... so... go figure.

Page loaded in: 1.032 seconds