Can't absorb dragon souls

pcherokee1988

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this an issue when I killed a dragon on Solsthiem, as well. Has this happened with more than one dragon? Do you have Dragonborn activated? I had thought it possible that because Miraak is also the dragon born guy, there is a bug preventing it.

There is actually a point after when you encounter Miraak for the first time, and then I fought a dragon on Solsthiem, he actually steals the soul from you. Instead of you absorbing it, it goes it him. Maybe this is the same issue you are having, in which case, I would say it sounds like a bug dealing with Miraak's absorb trigger. They worked it out for after your encounter with Miraak, but didn't work out the kinks for before. Or maybe it was intended for you not to absorb dragon souls until Miraak is dead. Maybe it was intended but IDK sounds like a bug to me.

Edited by Andross2000

i cant absorb the soul of any dragon i fight even in the skyrim mainland and the dragon doesnt even start to burn up the dragon just dies and nothing happends and that i think is preventing me from beating miraak at the final battle he bring the dragon dwon and kills it but when it dies it doesnt burn up and he doesnt take the soul.

I just got Dragonborn and before starting Skyrim with it active, I made sure to get the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch and use BOSS to beat up my load order. On starting the game, before going to Solstheim I first took my char to kill the dragon at Northwind Summit. My girl absorbed the soul with no issues.

I had no problem with the arrival at Raven Rock by boat either...

I finally figured it out! It's a problem with the SKSE. I just deactivated the mods that use the SKSE and started playing Skyrim with the normal launcher and it worked perfectly. I'm about to contact the SKSE team right now to let them know about the problem.