Can't absorb dragon souls

pcherokee1988

Hy everyone. (And sorry for my bad english grammatic)

I have the similar problem. My character didnt absorb dragons soul ANY MORE!!!
In the first time when this bug is occur i reinstald the game and all mods what i use.
(butt in that time i yust use a few mods... but now i use seweral... so this is nott an option... :down: ist a werry bad idea because its take a lot off time and didnt solve the problam when its return!!!)

I search for other solutions in seweral forums.
someone told to:
-disable x,y mods (but its didnt work for me...)
-try to use the Dragon Soul Fix (didnt work for me... but u can try it because its work for many people)
-use correct load order (i think its nott a load order problem)
-SKSE disable some scripts (maybe, but this is not an answear and its didnt solve anithing...)

-Install UDBP (the problem is still there)

-Its Miraak (NO its nott Miraak!)

-etc...

I try a lot of scripts and bugfixes but didnt solve the problem... :(

Yust 1 thing solve my problem. Manualy absorb the dragons soul with a spell. So i hope my comment was helpfull for u and try to use this:
Absorb DRAGONS SOUL Spell by xdarkness
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31909/?

Sorry when i write something wrong or yust write some stupid thing... :confused:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hy everyone. (And sorry for my bad english grammatic)

I have the similar problem. My character didnt absorb dragons soul ANY MORE!!!

In the first time when this bug is occur i reinstald the game and all mods what i use.

(butt in that time i yust use a few mods... but now i use seweral... so this is nott an option... :down: ist a werry bad idea because its take a lot off time and didnt solve the problam when its return!!!)

I search for other solutions in seweral forums.

someone told to:

-disable x,y mods (but its didnt work for me...)

-try to use the Dragon Soul Fix (didnt work for me... but u can try it because its work for many people)

-use correct load order (i think its nott a load order problem)

-SKSE disable some scripts (maybe, but this is not an answear and its didnt solve anithing...)

-Install UDBP (the problem is still there)

-Its Miraak (NO its nott Miraak!)

-etc...

I try a lot of scripts and bugfixes but didnt solve the problem... :sad:

Yust 1 thing solve my problem. Manualy absorb the dragons soul with a spell. So i hope my comment was helpfull for u and try to use this:

Absorb DRAGONS SOUL Spell by xdarkness

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31909/?

Sorry when i write something wrong or yust write some stupid thing... :confused:

The problem is still there with the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch because your mod order is wrong. Fix it and you'll be able to absorb dragon souls again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS IN THE PAST NOT BIEING ABLE TO ABSORB DRAGON SOULS MAINLY IN THE HOT SPRINGS AREA IN SKYRIM I HAVE ALL DLCS AND ALL 5 UNOPATCHES FUNNILY ENOUGH IT WAS ONE TYPE OF DRAGON THAT WOULD NOT BURN UP AND RELEASE ITS SOLE I TRIED EVERYTHING TO CURE IT THE ONE THING THAT MADE THE MOST DIFFERANCE WAS MY LOAD ORDER I MIGHT ADD THAT I AM RUNNING ALOT OF MODS 223 SO I EXSPECT 1OR 2 HIC CUPS ON THE WAY EVEN USING BOSS DOSENT ALWAYS GET THE LOAD ORDER RIGHT IT TAKES A LITTLE BIT OF TWEAKING HERE AND THERE BUT ONE THING I WILL SAY THERE ARE A LOT OF DIRTY EDIT MODS OUT AND THEY CAN HAVE AN EFFECT ON THE GAME I NOW CLEAN ALL MODS I DOWNLOAD UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED IN THE READ ME S. THE DIFFERANCE IT MAKES IS CERTAINLY WORTH THE EFFORT IF IN DOUBT ABOUT HOW TO CLEAN YOUR MASTER FILES OR MODS YOU DOWNLOAD WATCH THE TES5EDIT VIDEOES BY GROPHER I AM AN OLD BLOKE 57 BUT I DO ENJOY MY GAMING ,

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, i had the same problem for a while and found out what i could do to make it work =)

i know the Forum is OLD but to the people out there that are suffering from this issue here is the solution i found that does not need you to delete any internal files.

go to NMM and deactivate all unofficial patches, skyrim dragonborn ect ect

start skyrim, it will possibly crash and it did for me as i have some mods that require the updates

quit skyrim and go back to NMM and activate just the unofficial skyrim patch

start skyrim and play for 5 mins or so then make a new save

quit skyrim and go back to NMM and delete the unofficial dragonborn patch then redownload it activate dragonborn patch, play and see if this works.

after this it hopefully has worked for you, you can then reactivate the other unofficial patches

This worked for me and i hope this helps anyone reliving the glory of skyrim =)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I have a similar problame. I wanted to use the advantages of Unofficial Skyrim Patch. Unfortunately, when trying to activate the patch in NMM, I get the following error: "A problem occured during install: an exception of the type "System.OutOfMemoryException" was activated. The mod was not installed." (I tried to translate this from german. I hope I used the right terminology.) Despite this, I´ve been unable to absorb dragonsouls, for about two days, which coincides with the time, when I downloaded the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. I´ve read, that this might have something to do with the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and I tried to apply the solutions recommended in the forums. Deinstalling and reinstalling using BOSS. (When I tried using LOOT I got the following error " :laugh::\programms\LOOT\LOOT.exe isn´t a valid Win32-application". So I used BOSS.) Installing the Dragon Soul Absorb Fix (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31685/?). I´ve not yet tried to use the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch, because I don´t have the Dragonborn extension. As you can see, I am a noob of the first order and maybe, I´m simply to stupid and I shouldn´t use mods. Still, I was hoping, that you guys can help me activate the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and solve my dragon soul absorption problem. I´ve been struggling for two days now and I´ve reached the point of tears and chocolate. If there is an entry here with a solution to my problem and I didn´t find it, I´m sorry for the extra trouble and would be thankful for a link directing me to the correct site.

Thanks for listening (reading).

• 4 months later...

@TrueDarkWolf: Actually, I did some further testing and I think just removing the file mqkilldragonscript.pex from the Data/Scripts folder is sufficient. The Dragonborn.bsa file has its own mqkilldragonscript.pex file. I also removed the dragonactorscript.pex file as mentioned by other people.

Guys, this works! At least for me! So happy, so grateful, awesome!

Hey guys, this problem has bugged me for the past week but I finally found a way to solve it, for me at least. In my case, I tried everything from installing USP, and UDP, Dragon Soul Merchant, Dragon Absorb spell, and nothing work. I finally caved and unpacked the Dragonborn BSA to debug the issue. The solution for me is to replace the file mqkilldragonscript.pex in the Data/Script folder with the one from the unpacked Dragonborn BSA file. After I replaced it and continue to load the Dragonborn DLC from the BSA as normal, I was able to absorb the soul from the dragons again.

I am not sure what is the reason behind this as I only stumbled upon this on a trial and error basis. As always, make sure to back up your files before trying anything.