Did I find some insane secret?

PWMW

So I just started playing the game and am trying to get to the GNR building. Along the way I found a bridge and underneath there was land mine which I stepped on and got half my body crippled. I picked up some frag grenades and more out of the grenade box and picked up the Duck and Cover!. Suddenly, out of the top of the cinderblock next to the bed, a piece of Brahmin meat came out like it was some kind of secret storage. It was, as when I inspected it, it said "Check Brahmin." The small storage had a bunch of explosives, some chems and some stim-packs.

However, not realizing I was standing on a bed I reloaded from my last save to trip the mine before going in there. Now I suddenly cannot get this secret Brahmin meat storage to appear again. I tried everything, from pressing E everywhere, to moving items around, to even getting myself crippled again. I simply cannot get this secret to appear again and am starting to think it's a glitch, but can't figure how it happened. I added a couple of screenshots of where it happened, but I did not screenshot WHEN it happened since I assumed it was just part of the game.

I can't find any topics on this and it seems like it either does not exist and is a glitch or I managed to find something no one else ever did. However, if this is documented, how do I get it to happen again?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

http://i45.tinypic.com/2wearkh.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2415qa0.jpg

never seen that before. probably just a fluke. I get things like that every so often. usually its the other way around though....things disappearing. try loading up the area in the geck and see if there is an activator, or if the items are actually under the ground, and your computer just misloaded them. other than that your guess is as good as mine. good luck.

Ah, damn it. Now I'm wishing I hadn't have reloaded my save. Is there anywhere I can find the Brahmin that I found through this glitch in the overworld? I really liked the items it had, especially the Stim-packs and the explosives.

I was curious and opened the area with GECK. There is nothing there more than an activator pointing to an X marker at the other side of the bridge. I do not explore enough to figure out what does it do. There is nothing under the ground, so the explosion of the mine hardly can grab it from some other place. According your description that is a ridiculous lot and I think is some kind of bug that you shouldn't found in that situation and all in the same place... But there are not unique or quest items in your description so if you want them, you can add them through console commands if you wish.

So I just started playing the game and am trying to get to the GNR building. Along the way I found a bridge and underneath there was land mine which I stepped on and got half my body crippled. I picked up some frag grenades and more out of the grenade box and picked up the Duck and Cover!. Suddenly, out of the top of the cinderblock next to the bed, a piece of Brahmin meat came out like it was some kind of secret storage. It was, as when I inspected it, it said "Check Brahmin." The small storage had a bunch of explosives, some chems and some stim-packs.

However, not realizing I was standing on a bed I reloaded from my last save to trip the mine before going in there. Now I suddenly cannot get this secret Brahmin meat storage to appear again. I tried everything, from pressing E everywhere, to moving items around, to even getting myself crippled again. I simply cannot get this secret to appear again and am starting to think it's a glitch, but can't figure how it happened. I added a couple of screenshots of where it happened, but I did not screenshot WHEN it happened since I assumed it was just part of the game.

I can't find any topics on this and it seems like it either does not exist and is a glitch or I managed to find something no one else ever did. However, if this is documented, how do I get it to happen again?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

http://i45.tinypic.com/2wearkh.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2415qa0.jpg

can you provide that saved game file? it will in fact have that stored data in it. If you remember the exact one that is, I do seem to recall a while ago, a mod adds to wastelanders items and is xp related, leveled spawns / loot items, and some where, I seen under that bridge a rusted out refridgerator next t othe brdge wall, but my game and your shots don't show it. I am standing there now and have acquired the very same items and was subsequently injured on purpose by the mine,still , no meat showing up. what ever mods you have listed will be contained in the saved game data and the order of which they were loaded at game time. But, it does appear this takes place all over the game world according to spawn rates and achievements / XP gains.

interesting bug hunt.

kitty.

Sorry for ditching this thread but after having played the game for a bit longer I understand that the game is a bit buggy at times. Earlier today I was in front of the Washington Monument fighting the Super Mutants when suddenly a dead Protectron literally came flying down from the sky and proceeded to bounce around like a ball a couple times before landing.

As for the case with the Brahmin meat it is one heck of a fluke glitch and I really wish I would have known that at the time so I could have at least taken screenshots. Like I said, it came out of the top of the cinderblock like it was some kind of hidden compartment. I can't imagine how or why a Brahmin would have all those items on it unless it was a Brahmin carrying those items on its back? That was why I was wondering if such an item listing on a Brahmin was known or not.

The save file in question has been long overwritten many, many times so I doubt it would be of much use now. I didn't use any mods, like I said I had really just started playing the game.

Sorry for ditching this thread but after having played the game for a bit longer I understand that the game is a bit buggy at times. Earlier today I was in front of the Washington Monument fighting the Super Mutants when suddenly a dead Protectron literally came flying down from the sky and proceeded to bounce around like a ball a couple times before landing.

As for the case with the Brahmin meat it is one heck of a fluke glitch and I really wish I would have known that at the time so I could have at least taken screenshots. Like I said, it came out of the top of the cinderblock like it was some kind of hidden compartment. I can't imagine how or why a Brahmin would have all those items on it unless it was a Brahmin carrying those items on its back? That was why I was wondering if such an item listing on a Brahmin was known or not.

The save file in question has been long overwritten many, many times so I doubt it would be of much use now. I didn't use any mods, like I said I had really just started playing the game.

Like the protection, flying in from no where, the wiki has game quirks such as this listed. For instance, the game, not modified, it is expected that after a certain level of XP gained, you go to spot in the game near a power station o a roadway, the game will in fact issue an inbound explosion of alien power cells.

when it strikes, the cells are just every where, and there is a missile sound of the incoming bombardment too. I see, from time to time, during a fast travel on landing , Brahman, scorpions,robots, just every NPC_ or non /creatures and raiders just fly across the screen for no reason.

Now. if your game setting are set so the run speed is 5 or better, ? what you might see is death claws at a distance being lifted straight up in the air till out of sight. Or super-mutants. and if your quick enough, those you can kill if you can hit them that is and they will fall back to the ground. Loot and all.

My guess is, the memory management and the cell transitions are crossing in ram. Preloaded cells you can see across a invisible barrier of the cells like in a grid, the cell your in is not effected due to this speed change, the player and the NPC's are both effected but the cell transition is not so you see visually these fascinating things take place in real time. a out of the corner of your eye type of thing. makes you look and say ? WTF? where did that come from, whats is that thing doing? why are they going straight up in the air?

most people blame mods for this, but it's in the Unmodified games so it's not the mods, it's the buggy engine patched or not. This is seen on all platforms too according to the wiki. Deep in the death claw cavern, you'll find a Brahman bottoms up in a pile of muck. I once used a grabbing mod to grab hold of that and lifted the whole cow up in the air, moved it sideways 40 feet in game and dropped it. it came to life and tried to walk through the walls of the cave.

No telling what you might see, but, always have a video capture program ready at a moments notice so you can catch this in action. something to post about and share strange occurrences and once in a blue moon thing are very hard to grasp. Interesting.

Kitty.

Marsiella, but no water, the Brahman was in the ground participial sticking up. I looked at that spot, not here in that shot but the location where there is no water, ......in the geck. with grids function enabled in the geck, I can see the grids cell walls, taking the creature out of the current cell and transitioning through the wall of an adjoining cell in the cavern will reset the cow. as long as you don't loot it. just move it. I'll arrange these shots of cell grids and post them in link form so you can see the walls of the cells, I have data already made from researched materials at hand. though this topic has changed some what, it applies to all world spaces so the rivet city bug template can be shown here I guess?

The green lines you see consist of the cell breaks, each block means there are two walls you pass through, over layed exactly perfectly makes it appear as though there is only 1 wall. Not so. Notice the locations of these green lines, also notice the RC bridge shown darkened out. This is without broken steel being installed.

Kittyhttp://imageshack.us/a/img35/3397/rc2ln.jpg

Edited by Purr4me