Need a bit of help

KandyKills

I recently started playing around with the CK and I decided I could do a little home for my character, so I started making one. My idea is to make a tree house, but not a house in a tree, I'm trying to make a tree that's actually a house. I managed to create the interior cell and I know how to put objects and manipulate them to decorate my house, also I think I can manage to create the door in a tree in the outside world, however I am having a bit of trouble because there are certain things I don't know how to do myself.

My initial idea was a little 2 floor house. I want the second floor to have a balcony where you can see the landscape. I saw this nice mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25739 and the atmosphere of seeing the outside world from the interior home is what I want to get. Maybe it would be best that I put my balcony outside, and a "door" to separate the interior and exterior cells. But I want that amosphere when you are inside, since I don't want to put a door to separate the room from the balcony, if you get what I mean. Any ideas to get this outside atmosphere into my room so you can see the outside from the balcony? then you go through the "door" and you are in the actual balcony, but outside of the house. Uhm sorry I don't know how to explain it. Maybe I should just put a curtain or something xD

Second thing. In that mod, Dusk's cabin, there are an enchanting table and an alchemy table too, but they are invisible. I explored it through the CK and saw that they were there, just you couldn't see them ingame, but you still used them, so your character looks like he uses the enchanting book instead of the enchanting table itself, but plays the animation... I want to do that! I don't like ugly crafting tables, I want a book and something else for alchemy. Anyone can explain to me how to do that?

Also there are decorating items that you can't use. There's a goat hide in the bed that you can't interact with. How do I do that?

Third thing... I've seen in a lot of house mods where the author used other items as storage chests. For example, using a crate full of potions and it is a potion storage chest, or a jar with bugs or plants and it is also a storage chest. I also want that but don't know how to do it.

And a couple silly things more. I want my interior cell to look like a tree, so I tried to make my home with wood walls and such, since Skyrim itself has no tree walls or floor. I want it to be round, like a circle, but I can't seem to find a "round" wood wall... you know, like the stone walls of towers or lighthouses, that make round rooms. I keep looking but there are so many things in the CK :( I get lost. Anyone knows of a wall that I could use?

Last thing I promise!

How can I make it a player home? You know, so the storage items dont reset and such. Or I just need to make it and leave it at that and use it myself?

Ok there are no more silly questions xD sorry about my english mistakes ;__; I'm bad at explaining myself in english. Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help me out with this D:

in regards to the balcony that shows the outside, make the home in an exterior cell. For the tree model, scale it up in size, thinking maybe a redwood, and use small square shape interior wood or round interiors to prevent the interior mesh from cliping thru the tree acting as the outer visual. to find he round or curved interior meshes, use the search function in the creation kit when selecting everything, by typing rond or curved.

as for the potion bottle acing as a container, extract the mesh you want to use for whatever storage container, use OBMM or FOMM and plae tha mesh folder in your data folder when asked to merge say yes. then in the creation kit select a container give it a custom id, like AAAcustm Contanier1, and click of the model the container is using, and delete it. add a new model and navigate to your mesh folder ans select he model you already extracted, a window in the creation kit will allow you to do this.

not sure about the crafting stations, but anyway i hope this helped. hope you understood what i meant. if not come bck and shall assit. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

So you're saying that I should build the entire house in an exterior cell? and build it inside a scaled up tree o.o? or just the outer visual and the house in an interior cell?

Can't find any proper looking round or curved floors or walls :<

Damn, building this in Minecraft was much easier XD