No Dragonborn.esm

SKUMMY2014

I downloaded, played, and beat the dragon born DLC the day it was released on steam. Still, even after playing the DLC for several hours, there somehow is no Dragonborn.esm listed in the data files on the launcher or in the plugins.txt file. This wasn't a problem until recently when a mod required the file. Any suggestions as how this is even possible or anyway to solve this.

-EDIT-

It turns out the mod requiring Dragonborn.esm was just a glitch with NMM that I have fixed. Still, I'd like to know why there is no dragonborn.esm.

Edited by SKUMMY2014

• 1 month later...

My(!) launcher does not recognize ANY plugin, since I've pasted Dragonborn.esm and Dragonborn.bsa into Data folder (no update files).

Installing update 1.8.0.151.0 (or sth) didn't solve anything.

• 9 months later...

I bought Skyrim Legendary Edition for PC. I completely deleted the Skyrim folder and installed it because the re-install simply ran a Steam validate cache and froze. "Failed to validate 1 file and will acquire" but nothing happens.

I looked in the folder and Hearthfire and Dawnguard esm and bsa files are there, but no Dragonborn files. I read that this has happened to other people. I tried playing a new game and completed the Windcaller quest, then I ran from town to town trying to find the cultists, but they never appear. I went to the boat, but the guy isn't there. Obviously Dragonborn wion't install, but I have no idea why. When installing, it stops at about 80%.

It's been one problem after another with Skyrim for me. I just spent the entire night trying to install it, but it always stops at 80%.