POSSIBLE ANIMATION PROBLEM FIX IN DRAGONBORN DLC!

Oddhand

To anyone who may be reading this I think I may have found a solution to the animation problems for both human and dragon riding animations.

Here is what you need to do,

1 open both the Dragonborn.BSA and the Update.BSA (make sure its the latest update file!)

2 go to the Dragonborn.BSA first and look for this file, meshes\actors\dragon\character assets\skeleton.nif

3 now open the Update.BSA and look for these files,

meshes\actors\character\character female\defaultfelmale.hkx meshes\actors\character\characters\defaultmale.hkx

meshes\actors\character\defaultfemale.hkx meshes\actors\character\defaultmale.hkx.

Extract these files into you skyrim data folder and make sure they are in the right locations!

So far I know it fixed the issue with the telvanni levitation thing and I tested the dragon riding I can get on the dragon and not have my character doing a T pose while the dragon is flying I will need to start a new save to see if it fixed the other animations.

If this works for you please comment!

P.S I am also not FNIS so I don't know whether that will make a difference or not.

Update, It WORKS! (happy dance time:) )

Edited by Oddhand

My problem is i can't cast spells while riding a dragon, must be the animations cause it shows me trying to move my hands but nothing, i've followed your instructions, copied everything & it's still the same, maybe you know what the files for these spell animations are so i can extract them like the skeleton.nif? Anyone that can help plz.. can't take it anymore..

I've tested the dragon combat and it seems that I can use spells like Fire ball, Fire bolt, Flames, etc but not stuff like runes or other spells.

As for specific animations I couldn't find anything that could help.

Do you have the following, Fallout mod manager, and Unofficial Dragonborn patch?

EDIT: Most of the spells seem to be working fine for me do you have any mods that could be affecting either the dragons or spells?

Edited by Oddhand

I've got no mods on it, only official DLCs, i've even uninstalled Skyrim & installed it again, i'll use the mod manager & the unofficial dragonborn patch, if it still doesn't work, i guess it might be my save game or something. First time something came around that i can't fix since 3 days now..

I found that it's dawnguard that makes me unable to cast spells, but if i uncheck it and play i won't be able to save in any way because i crash to desktop. Any way to cut off the attachments of my character to Dawnguard so i can save again anyone ??? I really can't afford to lose my 60 lvl character..