how to convert ESP to ESM?

PelinalWhitestrakeCrusader

As the title says I need to know how I could convert esps to master files. In my esp there is a 5120x5120 worldspace so I can't modify directly this esp, because CK can't handle, I need to convert it in esm so I can work on an esp referred to it.

I have already tried some ways to esmify an esp, but everytime a method to esmify requires to load my.esp with the worldspace in CK as active, CK freezes so I need another way.

is it safe? I saw that once installed it could not be uninstallable, and I like to have full control of programs in my pc...

is there a guide about wire bash?

> of course its safe! Just open Wyre Bash and make sure your esp is in data folder.

> Then right click on your esp and select ''copy to esm''

> Thats it! And when your starting your game make sure that you have the esm checked in your load order not the esp, but I'll assume you already know that

but in this way if I understood well I don't get just one ESM, but two files, one ESP (which I won't need to use) and an ESM?

Well, yes. You obviously won't need the esp right? Just delete it or remove it from your data folder just to be sure

EDIT - You will not get to 2 files, your esp shall be modified into an esm and you should get only 1 extra esm of the same name

example : Your data folder should look like this :

Cowardlyhensandchickens.esp

Cowardlyhensandchickens.esm

If you dont want the esp, delete it. If you wanna remove it from your load order then move it somewhere else

Edited by 21crescendo

ah ok, I thought that even though I didn't use the ESP I had to keep it. So the new ESM I get will be dependent on wrye bash or will I be able to uninstall wrye bash and have my ESM still working?

EDIT - You will not get to 2 files, your esp shall be modified into an esm and you should get only 1 extra esm of the same name

example : Your data folder should look like this :

Cowardlyhensandchickens.esp

Cowardlyhensandchickens.esm

If you dont want the esp, delete it. If you wanna remove it from your load order then move it somewhere else

Yup, even if you uninstall Wyre Bash, your esm will still be there and will function properly :thumbsup:

ok thank you very much, then I can just convert my "bigworldspace.esp" into "bigworldspace.esm" so I'll be able to load it in CK, I create a new file.esp referred to "bigworldspace.esm" and modify terrain in file.esp, and then merge file.esp to bigworldspace.esm so I get a new only bigworldspace.esm totally working? Edited by PelinalWhitestrakeCrusader

I create a new file.esp referred to "bigworldspace.esm" and modify terrain in file.esp, and then merge file.esp to bigworldspace.esm so I get a new only bigworldspace.esm totally working?

>Not sure I understand fully. But it won't hurt to try :biggrin:

Always make back ups of your plugins, that way if something goes wrong you will always have a backup copy