Recommended Werewolf Mods

swiftfoxmark2

So I've been playing around with many werewolf mods and here are the ones I currently have installed:

Werewolf Loot (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9891) - While it is probably a cheat since you can equip items after your transformation, I do like how you can pick things up, loot bodies, and still feed. Very useful since constantly feeding means having to wait a long time just to loot the gear off of a bunch of bandits.

Tales of Lycanthropy (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12687) - A popular mod. Check it out. One thing I like is the uncontrolled transformations that occur with the Lunar cycle. The whole animation sequence for this is just awesome.

Tales of Lycanthropy MCM menu (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30747) - a MCM menu add-on to the above mod.

Heart of the Beast (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13779) - great sound mod for being a werewolf. The initial transformation changes are awesome.

Here are some I don't have but have used in the past (and will probably put back into my game):

Yet Another Werewolf Improvement (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19924) - A great mod that re-balances the werewolf form without making any changes to anything else. The key feature it adds is making the werewolf attack ignore armor. Also adds magic resistance and redoes the life and attack damage, though not in an overpowered way.

The Beast Within (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22165) - A mod that adds some minor passive bonuses when you get certain Werewolf perks. Actually quite nice considering there is little advantage to being a werewolf besides the disease immunity and the transformation ability. Won't make you unstoppable like a Vampire Overhaul mod, but will still give some nice bonuses.

Here's a new mod that just came out and I'm going to try (although I'm sure someone else has done this):

Bestial Hunger (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31642/) - A mod that basically adds a need for your character to transform and feed every week or suffer severe detrimental effects. Unlike vampirism, in Vanilla Skyrim, being a werewolf had no motivation for transforming, especially later on as there was no downside for not transforming. This mod appears to address that and changes how you play. I am definitely checking it out.

I should note that I am using SkyRe, but the only werewolf changes that mod makes is the change to the Ring of Hircine, which adds armor rating and magic resistance in werewolf form.

If all these mods are used together, I think playing as a werewolf can really change the dynamic of how you play the game. No longer will lycanthropy be just a simple matter of adding a greater power and an immunity to disease, but both a huge blessing and a curse at the same time, much like vampirism is.

Does anyone else have any additional recommendations?

Yes, I do: Nature of the beast 2 - compatible with Tales of Lycanthropy and Heart of the beast.

I will be frank with you. Its my mod and it isnt strictly speaking a werewolf mod. Its for beasts in general. But its very good for werewolf players.

I wont be including description of what the mod does here since there is simply not enough place. I will simply state that the mod allows you to transform into alpha werewolf with very sophisticated beastial abilities (dynamic night eye, realistic smell, 6th sense, adrenaline surge). My beast (well beasts - because there is also green bane) dont use Dawnguard werewolf perk tree. They have their own separate completely different progress system. In addition you can live as an alpha werewolf as long as you like, eat/drink/sleep as a beast (IMPS and RND compatibility). And you can gather your own feral pack (of wolves/werewolves that lice in Skyrim) and command it via howls. In short the mod allows completely different werewolf experience that the one from Dawnguard or other mods. In addition you can transform into green bane that has different set of abilities and offer different type of gamplay and additional abilities like: camouflage - partial invisibility, poisoned claws (very deadly, slow and sophistiated) and heat sense (very sophisticated and realistic). As I have said this is just a very very short description.

Edited by gulogulo

• 6 months later...

Moonlight tales - Werewolf and werebear overhaul: This without esp.

Werewolf mastery: This with moonlight tales compatible esp.

I use this two. It's great. I can customize a lot of werewolf settings. Optional werebear content (can turn on and off from MCM). I can craft a ring which provide more settings for werewolf content. And werewolf mastery add a secont werewolf perk tree. Which is good to.

I personally use Nature of the Beast and ToL. I like Nature of the Beast outside of the werewolf stuff anyways, despite being GROSSLY overly complicated and confusing and adding like, 400 powers to your spell menu(yes that is over exagerated), it's actually a really handy mod, considering I often play as khajiit and/or vampires, and the heat vision is perfect for vampires, and the smell is perfect for khajiit. The minion system also works well with my current set up since it focuses heavily on a 3 follower system supported by AFT. I also use Better vampires and it plays nice with those as well. I can say the 6th sense and adrenaline surge abilities are BEYOND annoying, maybe others like them, but I can't stand to have them turned on, they totally ruin the realistic feel of skyrim IMO, but since it's highly costumizable, they are easy enough to turn off. I also never bother with the wherebear/greenbane/alphawolf part(and it really bugs the hell out of me that the wherebear transformation is always added to new characters by default for no reason whatsoever), I may experiment with the alpha wolf at some point, but it seems more complicated then it's worth, and for the most part anything that requires constant menu manipulation in game to use is a pure no-go for me. Basically, I just use it for the few simple features I personally prefer to enhance ToL, AFT, and Better Vampires. Really the only thign that keeps NoB from being 'really good' besides a much needed simplification, is an MCM menu. It's the only thing besides Skyrim Econ that still uses an inventory item for the menu, and I can ditch the Skyrim Econ coin after first using it without any worries, where as I still have to hold onto NoB's ring forever because it likes to randomly do unexpected things sometimes.

Also, since I use my mod which makes the lunar cycle irrelevant to ToL the 'full moon' thing isn't that interesting anymore, but I use that + low random chance, and it feels pretty random and balanced still, I do wish there was a "totally random" option for ToL. Or if there is, I am somehow missing it. XD

Edited by ArtMurder

@ArtMurder

Thanks for the feedback. I will remove the feature of automatically adding werebear transformation. Good point!

I dont expect anyone to like every part of my mod (so you can add/remove almost everything you like/hate) but if I were you I would try to customise 6th sense and adrenaline surge. I have made the abilities to counter an obvious weekness of werewolves - lack of any armour. The only way to counter this for me in realistic way is speed. The adrenaline surge has 2 mutually excluding options: slow-motion and turbo and 6th sense can be customizable as well

In the current version you dont have to use survival menu while playing in the beast form. You can use combination of vanilla buttons instead for better immersion

And now you dont have to keep the ring. You can access the menu by holding adrenaline surge button ("-" by default)

PS

One more thing - replace TOL with Moonlight Tales and get the compatibility patch (just read ots description to get the idea why). For me its the ultimate werewolf experience. And get Heart of the beast mod too for better sounds

@ArtMurder

Thanks for the feedback. I will remove the feature of automatically adding werebear transformation. Good point!

I dont expect anyone to like every part of my mod (so you can add/remove almost everything you like/hate) but if I were you I would try to customise 6th sense and adrenaline surge. I have made the abilities to counter an obvious weekness of werewolves - lack of any armour. The only way to counter this for me in realistic way is speed. The adrenaline surge has 2 mutually excluding options: slow-motion and turbo and 6th sense can be customizable as well

In the current version you dont have to use survival menu while playing in the beast form. You can use combination of vanilla buttons instead for better immersion

And now you dont have to keep the ring. You can access the menu by holding adrenaline surge button ("-" by default)

PS

One more thing - replace TOL with Moonlight Tales and get the compatibility patch (just read ots description to get the idea why). For me its the ultimate werewolf experience. And get Heart of the beast mod too for better sounds

Well, I never tried the 6th sense with werewolves, so I guess that explains why I didn't like it. And I don't use the keyboard, ever, I am strictly a controller gamer =P So I stick by an MCM menu - all mods with options need one of those.

I don't like moonlight tales, I looked into it and ToL, I like the later better. in my opinion, Lycanthropy is a very straightforward thing, night comes, you turn into a giant wolf-like monster, I don't like to over complicated it more then is necessary. XD

But yeah. not having the wherebear thing added by default would be a good idea, it is a cool transformation, but it's really confusing to start with it active. o.O

Remember that TOL is an old mod and it wasnt well written. Moonlight Tales made by the same author is much better written and has more options. For me Nature of the beast 2 + Moonlight Tales + Heart of the beast are the core of the werewolf experience. With the mods you can form a pack of werewolves that transform with you back and forth, command them via howling (and in human form too), even access their inventory and much much more. In short you can reconstruct the scenes from this fine movie by NsJones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MFGP6FjcNFY. Everything you see there climbing including can be done by you as well.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know any werewolf mods, were you have eposiodes of cracking, screaming, as the moon rises? New howling, transformation like in movies, eg. Being human ect...

Fingers become claws, back becomes the humps of a werewolf's, fur grows ect.

If so. That would be awesome and would be so real!

Or any new screaming mods, when transformaing .