⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Dragonborn

jerlord

Ok i narrowed it down to the Update.ESM it wasn't the dragonborn.esm...

however

It's some kind of assertion error, File C:\_Skyrim\Code\TES Shared\misc\BGSlocalizedString.cpp

Line 2860

Localization: Error Opening or reading Strings File.

I've tried validating the Skyrim files like 3 times now, and the Workshop file, the workshop file has nothing that fails but something fails on Skyrim each time and downloads only to have the workshop not be able to to load it again. :( Which means I can't load Dawnguard, or Dragonborn, or any of my mods that require it. :/

You get this error followed by a few others because the creationkit expects to find all the dragonborn files as loose files in the data folder. Bethesda packed all those sources into a .bsa before shipping it so youll have to unpack the files the CK is whining about. Its asking for the string files so unpack the strings folder from dragonborn.bsa to your data folder. There will be other errors but you can ignore them. Kinda dumb right? :)

You get this error followed by a few others because the creationkit expects to find all the dragonborn files as loose files in the data folder. Bethesda packed all those sources into a .bsa before shipping it so youll have to unpack the files the CK is whining about. Its asking for the string files so unpack the strings folder from dragonborn.bsa to your data folder. There will be other errors but you can ignore them. Kinda dumb right? :smile:

Thank you, I fixed the problem. When I deleated all my content, I deleated the Editor.ini and the changes that needed to be added to it, when I repaired the editor.ini i was able to go through it.