[Idea] Extortion in Skyrim

sightone

http://www.jtfoxblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/extortion.jpg

Just an idea for those, who may find this interesting. So if you are the leader of the Thieves guild or maybe just by your own desire, you could "offer" protection for all the merchants in Skyrim by speaking to them and making them an offer they can't refuse. If you know what i mean. Next time (every few days or weeks) you want to go trade some stuff you can ask them how it is going and they pay you for protection. If they refuse (depending on your speech or maybe your physical or mental strength), you can brawl with them to make them pay. Sometimes, they offer you little quests to actually help and protect them. As an example, you could go brawl with another merchant, kill a group of bandits, i mean the possibilities are big here. What do you think about it?

I was just about to post something similar to this idea. Unfortunately, it was also a request. I'm no modder. Hope this thread gets some attention. I recall a Morrowind mod with which you could "ask" for money with speechcraft, and I always thought that a good "mafia" mod related to the Camonna Tong would have been a great addition. The Thieves Guild and the Black-Briars offer enough background to support a lore-friendly mod including extortion.

Edited by ArZaKoN