DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (060177DB)>]OnPackageStart - ma

Vulon

And you have "bEnableLogging=1" and "bEnableTrace=1" in your Skyrim_default.ini, right? If not, that's strange. :I

*nods* Yeah. I keep coming back to Skyrim, anyway, but still, it would be nice to not have to deal with issues like this that make certain aspects of the game unplayable. : / Oh well. I suppose it can't be helped, with a game this big.

I am also trying to fix this problem. I used Creation Kit and compiled this script, the result is failed. I don't know what to do about it, and yes, I experience randomly CTDs.

It's just interesting that it seems like only a few people have this issue.

Edited by iWolfgang

Event OnPackageStart(Package akNewPackage)
; Debug.Trace(self + "OnPackageStart()")
if akNewPackage.GetTemplate() == DLC2Pillar.DLC2SleepBuild
DLC2Pillar.SetBuilderFactionFriendliness(self, IsSleepBuildTemplate = true)
else
DLC2Pillar.SetBuilderFactionFriendliness(self, IsSleepBuildTemplate = false)
endif

endEvent

Papyrus indicates it's the line 17 and 20 contain the problems. That means:

DLC2Pillar.SetBuilderFactionFriendliness(self, IsSleepBuildTemplate = true) and

DLC2Pillar.SetBuilderFactionFriendliness(self, IsSleepBuildTemplate = false)

I'm not a coder and if I pay for playing this game, I shouldn't be the coder. However, I just want to know the answer!

I'm desperate for an answer myself. I'd like to be able to actually play the DLC I paid for. >.<

I'm currently installing some new mods and changing up my load order. I just noticed I didn't have Dragonborn in the 'ideal' location in my load order - I've moved it to just below Hearthfire. I highly doubt it'll make a difference, but you never know. If I still experience the same CTD (which, I'm guessing, I probably will), I think I'll buckle down and finally contact Bethesda about it to see if they have any light to shed on the situation. Not that I don't have faith in the Nexus community, but it really seems like no one knows what's going on with this issue. I really don't want to do a fresh install and lose all my mods. I have everything set up so that I get almost no CTDs, and I still manage around 110 mods active at once. Game plays beautifully aside from this one consistent issue with the temple of Miraak and the (very) occasional CTD that I typically end up fixing right away. I screwed over my first Skyrim save by going crazy with mods, and I don't want to have to start from scratch again just because of some annoying issue with the DLC, especially when the rest of the game works without a hitch. Besides, I have a feeling that doing a fresh re-installation might not even fix it, which would be REALLY frustrating.

I don't have a lot of mods installed, after Dragonborn released I made a clean installation and I noticed before that the game used to be quite smooth. Thus I believe these scripts might be the reason causing stutters. Do not perform the fresh install. It doesn't help.

By Talos, after a month of frustration, it...it's working. o.O I just went through the temple of miraak with absolutely no problems! I must have saved around 50 times throughout the dungeon in anticipation of a CTD, but...everything went perfectly. :D

w00t! I really don't know what in particular fixed it - I noticed my unofficial Skyrim patch was out of date, so I downloaded and installed the newest version. Other than that, the only thing I did was change Dragonborn.esm's location in my load order.

I did encounter an oddity, however. I went to go sleep in my bed in Severin manor, and when I woke up, my character froze in third person for a moment, and suddenly, I entered into a loading screen. Immediately after, I found myself at the wind stone, and I decided to make the trek towards the temple of Miraak. I've got no complaints, I just found it rather odd. Still, everything seems to be working! I'm still cautious, though. If I run into any more DLC2PillarBuilder script errors, I'll be sure to post them here. In the meantime, I've got my fingers crossed.

As far as the issues with bad scripts, when I initially did the fresh install, I decided to go ahead and create an entirely new character. My previous save was riddled with stutters, and I figured a clean install wasn't going to solve all those issues in and of itself.

Edited by Vulon

For everyone still encountering problems with DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript and perusing the internet for a solution, I believe I have found the cause. This script starts popping up in your logs if you clean the bethesda esm's with TES5Edit in the wrong order.

It is very important you clean the Update.esm before the Dragonborn.esm. Update.esm is a master file for Dragonborn.esm and I think cleaning in the wrong order deletes a reference from the Update.esm that Dragonborn uses. This is obviously the logical order to clean your stuff but for some reason I, and apparently some other folks, messed this up.

Ever since I cleaned in the correct order there haven't been any signs of or ctd's related to DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript.

Hope this helps somebody so you don't have to lose as many hours to troubleshooting as I did.

• 1 month later...

I followed the TES5Edit cleaning instructions to a T, and even using a "Virgin Start" - meaning from the menu screen consoling straight into my Aetherius mod which creates a default character, my log shows errors related to DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript.

I'm happy for you TeleToko that it worked for you, and Thanks for sharing your solution. But question: did you have to reinstall everything in order to re-clean your esm's?

Cheers.