How do you tell what version of the game you have?

Methal

I JUST bought the game for myself, I've played it for a few hours on a friends account. He had several mods installed, that I would also like to install. I do so and they destroyed my game, I have deleted the mods, the nexus mod mananger (it consistently crashed) and every skyrim folder made.

I just reinstalled the game, and the mod manager, but i've noticed that several mods say something like "requires game version x.x.x." How do I tell which version of the game I have?

Also, as long as you have set the game to automatically update through Steam, it should be always at the current version- 1.8.151.0. Most mods will use the version that is posted in the description or one that is newer.

But yeah, just do as hardarg said to double-check it.

You can also check the version by going into \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim, right-click on the TESV.exe, select properties -> details, and it'll have the file version right there.

helpful if you can't even get into the game in the first place...

• 2 years later...

Thanks! I bought the game in the DVD form so i dont have it threw steam. I just found out im on 1.1 xD far from 1.8

Install it through steam, playing without the updates is pretty silly. If you really have an official dvd you should be able to verify and install it via steam. Also don't install it from dvd and then update via steam, download it fully from steam.

Without steam you are just SOL. The game updates through steam. Any other way is piracy by definition. If you refuse to use Steam, that is your problem, not ours.

Not every DVD is a ligit version either - there are many pirate versions floating around in flea markets, shady businesses and on line - Just because you paid for something doesn't make it legal. It just means you got ripped off by a pirate. Did you think that just because a person is willing to steal from a game company they won't be just as quick to steal from you?

IF your copy is legal - just register it through steam - if your DVD is ligit It's FREE to register, and Steam is FREE also. And in return you get a fully updated and working version, Then if you just can't stand steam, turn it off and play in off line mode.

Yes, they do try to sell you games you probably don't want, but nearly every site has some advertising, and Steam does keep it to games.

• 4 years later...

Problem is i have relay bad experience with steam since they have billed me for some games that i have never purchased and they have never returned the money or even add that games to the account that i had. True that was some years ago and perhaps things have changed but i live by if some one does me wrong i will not go back to that.

I will not lie i do test a game before i spend money and if game is good for me i will get that game.

if you call me a pirate oh well i will say only this

YAAAARRR!

Edited by andrejjobmore