Unrestricted Enchanting?

endersblade

There have been several mods throughout the life of skyrim that removed the enchanting restrictions to allow you to enchant any armor-type piece with any enchant. None of them seem to function well anymore, if at all, and none work on any of the newer ones (at least I think they're new enchants, I've never seen them before).

So, barring someone actually pointing me to one that works, since I think I've exhausted all the ones on this site, can someone tell me what I have to do to remove these restrictions? I have no problems doing the legwork, but I have no idea what I'd be editing. I know fairly well how to get around the creation kit.

What determines what can be enchanted and what can't is a bunch of form lists in the CK. It's tedious, but doable. Now if you're looking for something that lets you add enchants such as Lucky Strikes, Dawnbreaker, etc, you'd have to get really dirty for that.. Suffice it to say, if you just want vanilla enchants to be enchantable on anything, that's easily doable.

Edited by Miles Tails Prower

What determines what can be enchanted and what can't is a bunch of form lists in the CK. It's tedious, but doable. Now if you're looking for something that lets you add enchants such as Lucky Strikes, Dawnbreaker, etc, you'd have to get really dirty for that.. Suffice it to say, if you just want vanilla enchants to be enchantable on anything, that's easily doable.

Yeah, just the basic enchants is all I'm after. Don't care if it's tedious, just have no idea where to start lol. Also, love your sig :-P Thanks for the quick response.

Just check the CK. Find the Formlist for the enchant you want, and add the proper keywords. For instance, if you want to make fortify sneak enchantable on any apparel, add the right keywords. Each keyword being a specific slot of armor, clothing or jewelry. The formlist should contain some examples. Since there's a lot of enchants, it can be tedious to do.

Just check the CK. Find the Formlist for the enchant you want, and add the proper keywords. For instance, if you want to make fortify sneak enchantable on any apparel, add the right keywords. Each keyword being a specific slot of armor, clothing or jewelry. The formlist should contain some examples. Since there's a lot of enchants, it can be tedious to do.

Found the formlist easily enough (I think...), can see the keywords, but I can't add any to it...I'm apparently not as savvy as I thought lol. I've loaded up another mod that does what I'm after, and I can see all the keywords they've added. Just not sure how to do that. Right click -> Edit just brings up a RGB editor for color or some such.

You have to drag and drop the keywords into the formlist. This is why I said it was tedious =P. Open the Form List up, browse to Keywords, and drag and drop the ones you want. I have a custom mod that has most of the formlists edited, but I don't think it includes the new Dragonborn enchants like Elemental Chaos or whatever it's called... Which hardly matters 'cause it's a weapon enchant =P.

Bahaha....I see now. However, I don't understand why the current mods have stopped functioning. They look like they all did the same thing as what I've been trying to do O_o

In theory, what I COULD do (I think) is just pick one, add every keyword I need to it, and then just go to the enchants and set that one as the 'Worn Restrictions', right? Save me the trouble of editing every single one.

What mod were you using that no longer works?

EDIT: No, you should never ever edit the base enchants like.. Ever. That's the worst thing you can do. Short of breaking the game and the enchanting system. The formlists are there to prevent that. No, editing the formlists is the only way.

What mod were you using that no longer works?

I've tried one that doesn't show up on here anymore called 'I put a spell on you', as well as 'Enchanting Freedom'. The first one only seems to work on half the spells or so, the second one doesn't seem to have any effect at all. I've tried loading them on just a base, unmodded game, so they aren't conflicting with other mods or anything.

Also, in order to edit the DLC enchants, I have to load them as masters, right? Loading Hearthfire and/or Dawnguard cause my CE to crash lol.

I modified Enchanting Freedom and it works fine for me. I just stripped Enchanting Freedom of everything except the Formlist edits because the rest of his work is garbage to me. I don't care to disenchant Dawnbreaker and add the enchants. That's game breaking.

I just opened up enchanting freedom in the CK, Clicked Details and set the ignore flag on everything except formlists. I carefully looked over the formlists to make sure that he didn't add any new ones, then loaded the mod in the CK, looked through the form lists he had changed, and saw that they were correctly added, then saved the mod.

Now all that the mod had left was the form lists. I believe that's all that should need. It's real easy to strip a mod. Because it's not my mod, I can't send it to you, but you can easily strip it yourself.