Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958,432 posts
Stuck In Solstheim

STUCK IN SOLSTHEIM!?
Well I say Stuff That Shiz! Say no to eternal loading screens and try the ultimate in crude workarounds today!

Aestba

Aestba

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Are you using Skyrim Redone?
My work-around is to COC into my Breezehome, then exit from there to Whiterun.

SphereOfRa

SphereOfRa

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Or 'COC RiftenFishery' has always been one of my favorites for a fast loading indoor cell with no NPCs For now I have found that the Wayshrines mod works perfectly for me, just a single 'load door' from Raven Rock exterior to Winterhold exterior

Edited by SphereOfRa, 23 February 2013 - 01:27 PM.

Noxman

Noxman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
No SkyRe myself,

I'm sure some coc commands would work, I simply made this for myself to at least be relatively near the place the boat is supposed to take you. Thought i'd upload for general prosperity :)

slbrgt

slbrgt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
May be useful to mention my own experience with this (or a similar?) problem.
I first noticed that something was wrong, when I could not fast travel, nor take the boat, from Solstheim back to Skyrim.
Console coc was possible, however after using that, things hung when going through doors etc. (to another cell).
I fiddeled around a bit with my load order and found that moving the companion esp's of WOME, Khaleesi and Tauriel to a position BELOW AFT, solved all problems for me (fast travel as well as doors to other cells).

stuff444

stuff444

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
"besides I like all my mods and Skyrim can stuff itself if it thinks im turning off even one."

My thoughts exactly!

Noxman

Noxman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
Thats good to know!

I think I might bung a list at the bottom of the mod page with various mods that when removed or changed in load order help solve the problem. Some people on the forums have found a few that are causing it, whether removal or load order change is required is always debatable but it might be helpful to have some more info before dl'ing this is required.

Eldarain

Eldarain

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I think this is a genius idea, even though the glitch in question hasn't affected me.. yet XD

Stevensonzilla

Stevensonzilla

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 59 posts
It's the uLockedObjectMapLOD=8 and uLockedTerrainLOD=8 entries in the [MapMenu] section that are the culprit. Can also happen if your map.swf file in the Interface folder is corrupted, or was modified before patch 1.8. Check that, too.

Mashiki

Mashiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
In response to post #7420496.

100% spot on with map.swf if it was made before 1.8, it also appears to apply to any textures that modify the world map as well. Which also applied in my case, removing those I was finally able to travel back.

Page loaded in: 1.023 seconds