Jump to content

Photo

Should I Clean Skyrim, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn in TES5Edit?


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1
ChaosCorps

ChaosCorps

    Enthusiast

  • Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

As the title says. Should I?



#2
icemage24

icemage24

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

http://www.creationk...ng_Instructions


Read entire page for more info.



#3
Robinson92

Robinson92

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

The page makes no mention of Dragonborn



#4
bben46

bben46

    I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

  • Staff
  • 18,105 posts

Probably 98% of what are called dirty edits (this is what is cleaned) will not cause any problems at all. The other 2% or so will only rarely cause problems with certain mods that were not properly tested with the DLCs. Most dirty edits are just duplicated vanilla stuff included by accident - If you have ever created a mod you will realize just how easy the CK makes it to accidentally include those duplicates without even knowing it. :rolleyes:  

 

Dirty edits were more of a problem in Oblivion - before mod makers knew about the possible problems they might cause. The DLCs are actually tested much more rigorously than mods - and any edits that could cause problems in the vanilla game are weeded out.  

 

If you really want to go ahead. But, if you don't clean the dirty edits from the DLCs, It probably won't make any difference. However, there was at least one DLC that cleaning actually caused a crash. :blush:



#5
Nephenee13

Nephenee13

    Life. Love. Yuri.

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

The DLCs are actually tested much more rigorously than mods - and any edits that could cause problems in the vanilla game are weeded out.

Oh come on you know better than that. Those esms are incredibly dirty.

And yes, you should clean all of Skyrim's DLC.

Edited by Nephenee13, 31 March 2013 - 08:35 PM.





Page loaded in: 1.075 seconds