I am just really curious what folks "Must Have" when it comes to companion mods, I just recently up to 28 Follower Mods, when I just decided, honestly I don't need them, I use them more for armor decorations around my homes, lol.
So I did a purge, deciding I was going cut down to 5, after much pondering, these I consider my top 5 "Must Have" ones.
(Click names to see actual mods).
1. Vilja: She just been hands down one my fav mods period. Many are familiar with her.
2. Lady Brooksie: I don't know what it is about this one, I don't even remember getting her, but she's just been a strong workhorse for me, always gotten me out of crazy tight situations I get myself into when playing an absent minded mage more interested in books & shiny stuff, she been a fantastic bodyguard, as I got my face stuffed in bookshelves in old tombs. Not to mention she can also be a steward for one your homes in Hearthfire.
3. Visarra: She's been my favorite sword n board tank buddy period. She's also seems to be very protective of you also, I've had her intercept people charging me faster then most other followers, not to mention she can introduce you to other Orcs, can be found very near Riverwood. She was the second follower mod I got, has never left my side since I have had Skyrim.
4. Elendyl: Again, another workhorse for me, you get him early in Riverwood, He's just fun to watch going crazy on things with his 2H Weapons, I get this fun image/story in my head of Him & Erik the Slayer being best buds, always rolling their eyes as the absent minded mage is digging up plants & not noticing the incoming Bears, Wolves, etc..., as they charge in to protect me
5. Chelsea: A great Archer & nice apprentice(In my mind), to Lady Brooksie, it's fun watching them both fight together, Chelsea shooting them from afar, while Lady Brooksie charges in, stabbing & slicing like dervish of death. I normally have them wearing the same armor(Blood Witch Armor). Consider them my assassin duo. I also prefer the non dragon shouting version of Chelsea(just tastes).
These are Five, that survived or have survived the many Follower/Companion purges I have done. I am just curious what other folks top five favorites are, It's fun to see what & why.(Least for me anyways)
Honorable Mention: Mhillus Tuise: One that survived the Purge(technically my 6th man award). I've yet to do much with this one, though I find it very interesting, hopefully may become a constant staple for me.