Had a few weeks of stable gameplay, but now game won't even start

yeti1069

I'm having problems with Skyrim again. I've been running pretty well for about two weeks, no CTDs, no missing textures.

Recently, I started getting some unstable behavior, checked my logs, and saw Crimson Tide coming up a lot, so I followed steps to uninstall it. Then I was running okay for a few days.

I rolled the dice on installing something new, figuring it was fairly minor, and put in the Better Alchemy Drops mod (just adds some more stuff dropping on corpses). That's the only thing I did. Played okay for a couple of hours, and then the game started locking up on autosave after fast traveling to Ivarsted.

Checked my Papyrus logs, and saw the Race Menu Plugin filling the log, so I checked that, tried updating it. Now, the game locks up at the Skyrim logo, before the main menu options come up. Tried uninstalling that, Better Alchemy, no good. The game is just locking up.

My most recent Papyrus logs:

[03/06/2013 - 09:36:45PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[03/06/2013 - 09:36:45PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[03/06/2013 - 09:36:45PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

[03/06/2013 - 09:39:10PM] Cannot open store for class "dlc1scwispwallscript", missing file?

[03/06/2013 - 09:39:12PM] Error: Unable to bind script traptriggerbase to TweakTraps (3A00C515) because their base types do not match

[03/06/2013 - 09:39:12PM] Error: Unable to bind script TrapBear to TweakTraps (3A00C515) because their base types do not match

[03/06/2013 - 09:39:12PM] Cannot open store for class "SF_TweakP1Pose_02017788", missing file?

[03/06/2013 - 09:39:12PM] Error: Unable to bind script SF_TweakP1Pose_02017788 to (3A017788) because their base types do not match

[03/06/2013 - 09:39:12PM] Cannot open store for class "SF_TweakP1Hangout_02017201", missing file?

[03/06/2013 - 09:39:12PM] Error: Unable to bind script SF_TweakP1Hangout_02017201 to (3A017201) because their base types do not match

[03/06/2013 - 09:44:11PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[03/06/2013 - 09:44:11PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[03/06/2013 - 09:44:11PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

[03/06/2013 - 09:44:11PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[03/06/2013 - 09:44:11PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[03/06/2013 - 09:44:11PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

BOSS

Plugin Type Count Recognised (or sorted by user rules) 77 Unrecognised 5 Inactive 14 All 82 Plugin Message Type Count Warning 2 Error 0 All 16
  • Your masterlist is already at the latest revision (r6479; 2013-03-05). No update necessary.
  • No change in recognised plugin list since last run.

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
  • Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
    • Note: Use the Dawnguard version of Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm to have changes made to Dawnguard.
  • SPIKE.esm Active
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
  • Better Dynamic Snow.esp Active
  • IceBreaker's Improved Reverb-v0.02-Cleaned.esp Active
  • BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp Active
  • hqsnow.esp Active
  • Immersive Battles.esp Active
  • Immersive Brigands.esp Active
  • Immersive Patrols.esp Active
  • UnlimitedBookshelves.esp Active
  • Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
  • Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp Active
  • kontrol.esp Active
  • SkyUI.esp Active
  • Cloaks.esp Active
  • Cloaks - No Imperial.esp
    • Note: Use only one cloaks*esp
  • Cloaks - Player Only.esp
    • Note: Use only one cloaks*esp
  • 1nivWICCloaks.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
  • 1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp
    • Warning: Use only one WICCloaks esp.
  • 1nivWICCloaksNoGuards.esp
    • Warning: Use only one WICCloaks esp.
    • Incompatible with: Cloaks of skyrim (even with compatibility patch). To fix this use another WICCloaks esp or uninstall cloaks of skyrim.
  • 1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp Active
  • 1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch-No Imp.esp
    • Incompatible with: 1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch esp
  • LeftHandRings.esp Active
  • LinguistPack.esp Active
  • Dr_Bandolier.esp Active
  • DeadlyDragons.esp Active
  • DeadlyMonsters.esp
  • ESFCompanions.esp Active
  • Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp Active
  • betterwards.esp Active
  • Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp Active
  • JM_BetterAlchemySatchel.esp Active
  • dD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.esp Active
  • OpenFaceGuardHelmets.esp Active
  • Riften Bigger Trees.esp Active
  • Skyrim bigger trees.esp Active
  • UnreadBooksGlow.esp Active
  • EnhancedLightsandFX.esp Active
  • RLO - Dungeons for ELnFX.esp Active
  • RLO - Illuminated Spells for ELnFX.esp
  • RLO - Major City Interiors for ELnFX.esp Active
  • RLO - Minor Cities & Town Interiors for ELnFX.esp Active
  • Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp Active
  • Balanced_Magic.esp Active
  • DragonbornAscendant.esp Active
  • Duel - Combat Realism.esp Active
    • Note: Obsolete. Update to the latest version.
  • ACE Realistic Fighting.esp Active
  • Dual Wield Parrying_DualPowerAttack.esp Active
    • Note: Use only one Dual Wield Parrying*.esp
  • Dodge Mod.esp Active
  • The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp Active
  • ACE BYOG.esp Active
  • ACE Speech.esp Active
  • ArcheryDummyXP.esp Active
  • ACE Archery.esp Active
  • ACE Armor.esp Active
  • ACE Enchanting.esp Active
  • ACE Magic.esp
  • ACE Melee.esp Active
  • ACE Smithing.esp Active
  • ACE Synergy.esp Active
  • dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp Active
  • potsanimated.esp Active
  • FollowerWander2.esp Active
  • AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp Active
  • ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp Active
  • WATER.esp Active
  • WATER Plants.esp
  • Cartographers Map Markers.esp Active
  • RaceMenu.esp Active
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active
    • Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.
  • Bashed Patch, 0.esp
  • ASIS.esp
  • LPMoreIngredients.esp Active
  • morestartingspells.esp Active
  • Soulfire.esp Active
  • oreextractorspell.esp Active

I'd appreciate any suggestions on what to do. Really want the game working again (obviously), and don't want to lose another character save (I can revert to an older one).

What's your file size for starters? Second, how many mods do you know that might use script, and if so, how many have been uninstalled? Were they uninstalled properly?

To be honest, I'd recommend uninstalling everything and checking that your vanilla Skyrim works. If it doesn't, verify game cache, and if THAT doesn't work, reinstall. Then start working up from there on things you know will be safe like texture replacers and so forth. Leave all of the script-heavy mods and overhauls for last. Then start the arduous process of trial-and-error.

Better Alchemy add more loots to corps so it change the leveled list that's probably why, do you rebuilt the patch after install? and if yes, after uninstall?

your log - SF_TweakP1Pose_02017788- = AFT

not Racemenu and doesn't mean anything, it's a event, what was running at this "T" moment, for ex there is mod which call a function without response and bla bla is missing, it's a "false positive" but bla bla is not requested at this moment, even if some times, it's really missing :D

then always un check auto save during travel, pause etc.., only normal save or at least F5

try to reinstall Better Alchemy see if boss give a tag for it [delev/relev] and re build the patch

@@