Photo

Skyrim Crash on Startup FIX : Part 1 (Troubleshooting your Load Order)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• News writer
  • 6,097 posts
cPwiY7NBVTM
One of the most common requests for help I get are those from people who have crashes when they start Skyrim. This is usually caused by a missing master in your load order, so in this video I show you how to find out if that is the case, and which file is the problem.

Download links for reviewed mods:
TES5Edit

NemesisTheWarlock

NemesisTheWarlock

Defensoris Libero

• Premium Member
  • 1,307 posts
You sir are a Star!! Nice one Gopher, let's hope this is widely watched.

Edited by NemesisTheWarlock, 08 March 2013 - 10:48 AM.

siferff8

siferff8

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ive Got a comment.. and Sadly its Something ive Searched the Web for a While Now For and Still Sadly No Luck, even after using the TES5edit program.. nothing, the game doesnt crash Immediately.. it waits until after my characters been made, and i take a few steps forward, another problem is the inability to play Female Characters without the same game crashing, lastly.. the main issue im having sadly is and im completely up to date on patches as of currently, and SKSE is up to date as well, however it seems to be a Dawnguard glitch that until rescently worked, but currently the glitch starts out when i start the Dawnguard mission, the main orc to gives the quest out seems to glitch his movement path slightly, i can usualy get around that, however the glitch realy hits home when i enter the cave to get Serana, i talk to her, and tell her to Follow, only after she completely ignores the follow request and turns to head out in the opposite direction that she should be pathing, she continues until she runs directly into the blocked gate thats now locked where i came in, ive tried TCL to go through and open it... follow her to the end... ive tried simply leaving and comming back.. even continued through the dungeon to no avail, i truely do enjoy the Dawnguard DLC and sadly its been unavailable to me i can give a list of the mods ive used and currently use but im sadly clueless when it comes to this error thank you for any information you can offer.

seanxx

seanxx

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts
Gopher, I think the TEs5 edit process to clean your update and dlc have changed a little bit since your tes5 intro video. Sharlikran has a video about it, but while he may be a master programmer and the worlds coolest guy , a communicator to novice mod users like me he isn't. IF you are casting around for topics to add to your Skyrim troubleshooting series (if that is indeed what this video heralds) then i humbly suggest a tes5edit cleaning re intro. Thanks for all your hard work, congrats on the new addition to your family.

Edited by seanxx, 08 March 2013 - 11:09 AM.

jazzak25

jazzak25

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
I think the harder video will be the random CTDs in game. Think i'd have to put on the popcorn and get comfortable for the epic length video in trying to explain it. There's ways to make them less frequent but I can't imagine be rid of them altogether. There's always the hope that the latest Skyrim patch might ease the crashes slightly.

berlinsmiles

berlinsmiles

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
I get CTDs on Start in 99% of the cases because some mods' modular add-on for dawnguard or healthfire or dragon born ist A) still installed B) not installed or C) installed, but not neccesary. that often has to do with the fact that mod authors do not state clearly if the file is an update or a file in its own right..... guys thanks for the friendly advises you are right about me using tesedit not often enough - but the hidden modules oder unclear update-or-not mods remain a problem.

Edited by berlinsmiles, 09 March 2013 - 10:46 AM.

berlinsmiles

berlinsmiles

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
In response to post #7524470. #7525672, #7525965 are all replies on the same post.

if you are unable to create a female character, here is a hint: do you have apachii hair styles installed? I can only create female char if I uninstall it 1st (and all mods that depend on it), then create the character and THEN reinstall it. others have reported the same problem with the same fix. have a try :) @amoebia: your method just deletes pars of the apachii mod. but the idea of the mod is to have much more possibilities if you create a char. if you stick to a certain gender, race or hairstyle with all the chars you create - why use it at all?

Edited by berlinsmiles, 08 March 2013 - 04:20 PM.

LittleFighter

LittleFighter

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
I dub thee Sir Gopher of the Nexus. Arise Sir Gopher.

Thank you for all your videos.

PS. Where were you years ago when I had to learn all this myself by trial and error? :)

FalqonOne

FalqonOne

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
Would love to see one on crashing(ctd'ing) every 20-30 mins.

seanxx

seanxx

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts
Nexus and Bben has great threads for that when i have problems I go to these pages to try to find what could be the issue http://forums.nexusm...t-forest-fires/ http://s1.zetaboards.../4871296/1/#new

Edited by seanxx, 08 March 2013 - 01:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.965 seconds