What exactly needs to be changed to fix hearthfire ctd breezehome

dragonslayer2k12

Trying to update my breezehome mods now and no matter what I do in the CK the CTD still occurs when trying to enter breezehome. I found a clean save here on the nexus it has a save point just after defeating the first dragon and going back dragonsreach. I used that save and bought the house and still the problem is there. Here is what I did to make my mod compatible with hearthfire...

Load the CK and check skyrim, update, and hearthfire and my mod and set it to active then ok. Everything loads and it looks like hearthfire changes are showing in my mod aka HF stuff all over the place so I adjusted HF stuff to where I wanted it in my mod. I tested and finalized my navmesh which didn't change since loading everything this way. I even went to the outside space in front of breezehome and finalized that navmesh that is just around the front of breezehome and still I get CTD every time.

What exactly needs to be fixed? Do I need to delete the "island" navmesh of two triangles in lydia's room? I checked the default house with hearthfire loaded the same way as described above but no mods loaded or active and noticed that little island is gone. I have read some posts elsewhere that the link from the navmesh to the main door needs to be updated so I deleted a vert of that green triangle at the door in the house and then created the vert again and made a triangle again and tested and finalized the navmesh again and it turned green again near the door just fine but still CTD! I am gonna go delete that island navmesh and see what happens. Will make a backup of my mod before doing that just in case.

I have noticed that other modders have fixed the CTD with their mods and breezehome already so how did they do it? The only simple answer I can think of is they remade their entire mod from scratch after loading hearthfire which is insane and not gonna happen for me lol just want to fix it.

Ok I deleted that two triangle island and finalized my navmesh and tried it and it CTD so I went back to CK and looked at the details of my mod and seleted the navmesh with D next to it and pressed delete key which brought up the dialogue that it will be ignored. When the mod loaded and I went into navmesh mode I could see where beth merged the island with the default navmesh! So I moved that navmesh out of the way and finalized it and then finalized my navmesh and saved. Tried it again in game and still CTD! How to fix this?

I just finalized the navmesh outside of the house again too and it still CTD. The only two things I can think of right now is that I have to not set my mod as active the first time loading it with hearthfire in CK or just remake my mod using hearthfire. This really sucks, talk about a huge time waster WHY did the devs mess with the navmesh? They could have just IGNORED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I think I may have fixed it but it only works correctly if you have NEVER been in whiterun or breezehome! I used coc command to go to qasmoke from the main menu and got the key for breezehome, then coc to the outskirts of whiterun. I went to breezehome and entered NORMALLY YEAH!!!! NO CTD!!!!!!!!! But if I try ANY save game at all it will CTD every time. I am gonna go try that save game cleaning mod and see what it does soon but it looks like my breezehome mods for hearthfire will be new game only for now. Once you save and come back later after starting a new game yeah it works but any and all saves before my mod is used and it won't work.

Whoever screwed up the navmesh in hearthfire should have to sit through ten thousand CTD playing their most enjoyed save game file while someone with a bull horn stands behind them and screams CTD!!! as loud as possible every single time their game CTD lol.

Ok some more testing and I found out what is going on. I can coc to breezehome just fine but when I start to enable the decorate xmarkers that is when I found out what is going on! The alchemy lab when enabled will cause the CTD. So what is so special about it then? I thought it was the navmesh but no it is the alchemy lab? So now I am going to try and fix that.

What is special about the alchemy lab in Breezehome? With Hearthfire it is either the child's room or the alchemy lab. The alchemy lab was pre-hearthfire and may need to be re-navmeshed as Hearthfire had to change the navmesh to incorporate the child's room. Of course that is just speculation on my part...

I ran tes5edit on my mod following the video tutorial for cleaning mods. Still CTD once I enable the alchemy lab. I am just coc to whiterunbreezehome and prid 000e4ec8 xmarker and it crashes about two seconds later. I see the light source for the alchemy lab pop up immediately and then nothing else and it all crashes.

Something I found interesting is some new scripts in hearthfires that moves stuff around from one chest to another using linkref. I don't know what that is there but it was not there when my mod was made and I think that has something to do with it. I delinked all the linkrefs and removed the scripts for all the chests using it and also there were some linkrefs all over most items in the alchemy lab so got rid of those and it still doesn't work. I think maybe I used the wrong masters to update my mod. Maybe just use hearthfires and not skyrim or update? My mod file should already have those records and already depend on those masters so only using hearthfires as a master is the correct thing to do when updating a mod for hearthfire compatibility?

I really don't want to use that messed up hearthfires navmesh. By using it I will be contributing to additional problems instead of sticking to the mesh I made from pre hearthfire work. At this point I don't know what is causing the problem but the only way to find out is to try using just hearthfires as a master and see what happens.

I get CTD when trying to enter Breezehome too. I purchased all of the decore all ready, including the Alchemy table... Once I try to enter Breezehome... CTD everytime... Has anyone found out how to fix this? I'm not playing Skyrim again until I get it fixed... And I want to play it so badly... :wallbash:

I am getting closer to solving this problem!

I have learned that breezehome will NOT CTD as long as I don't enable the alchemy lab, the child room, the player bedroom, or the housecarl room. Disabling or enabling anything else is ok and the house will WORK! I can enter and leave no problem and I am STILL NOT USING that bugged hearthfire navmesh either. I did not load any save games, I simply use coc command from main menu to qasmoke to get the key to breezehome and then coc to whiterun which put me down at the bridge near the meadery. Ran all the way to whterun gate, entered and then went into breezehome through the front door! Only my mod was loaded no other mods.

What I did...

I loaded hearthfires and my mod with my mod set as active in the CK and I adjusted my mod accordingly so the HF stuff was sitting well in my mod. I did not remove any xmarker parents from any objects. I left them assigned but set them as ignored by sandbox and initially disabled when possible and then moved them far far down -10000.0000 on z axis. I dropped one item in, a noble child bed because my mod pre HF had regular noble bed for guest room (child room in my mod) upstairs so I disabled those child beds by setting them to ignored by sandbox and initially disabled and moved them down too. I made room for both kids stoarage chests. Moved one upstairs see above and left the other alone and moved the alchamy chest to the alchemy table it fit just fine. So in other words I did as little as possible edits to my mod to make it work with hearthfires breezehome changes.

So now the question is, why are those few xmarkers causing CTD when they are enabled?

I think it has something to do with scripting related to the navmesh not simply because the navmesh was changed by any mod. So what scripts then? I think it is those BYOH scripts because under the house purchase quest those scripts are used in place of pre HF scripts for the player bedroom and maybe housecarl and of course alchemy lab and child room.

So if a scripting expert can check out those BYOH scripts and the housepurchase quest in detail, maybe they can find a way to update mods to work correctly?

EDIT

Scripts would not be to blame because I am manually enabling the xmarkers so it has to be something to do with the objects that are enabled by the xmarkers? Maybe hearthfire changed something in an object somewhere a property or value of some kind and that causes CTD? I am running with ugrids to load at 7 instead of default 5 so I will try changing back to default ugrids settings and do more testing.

Edited by dragonslayer2k12