Skyrim Crashes Upon Loading Saved Games

adamb0mber

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my game had the same thing and someone said i had to delet the skyrimprefs file and i did

but when i started skyrim again teh game wouldnt detect my mods anymore and the game still chrashes.

please tell me how to fix this or else ive waisted 502 hours of my life

my game had the same thing and someone said i had to delet the skyrimprefs file and i did

but when i started skyrim again teh game wouldnt detect my mods anymore and the game still chrashes.

please tell me how to fix this or else ive waisted 502 hours of my life

Go into Steam - verify your game files (right click Skyrim -> Preferences -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity) that will rebuild your Skyrimprefs.ini

Then open that file and make sure this is set

[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1

You're welcome

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I also have the same problem, when I try to load a savegame from the main menu, the game crashes after the loading screen. But when I load an older save, and the a newer save, it works (thanks God). Try it, not the best solution, but better than nothing!

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this issue and the thing is that I don't know which mod could be causing the problem since I have 205 mods. I remember a year ago I used to play this same game on my sister's pc and NEVER got this problem.... How the hell did this occur now?...

I have tried several saved games and they all crash me to desktop. This is annoying as hell.

I am using in this order

Dawnguard.esm

dragonborn.esm

hearthFires.esm

better females by bella 1-4

The Elder Scrolls Adventures:

Real Wildlife Skyrim

Adventurers and travelers

amazing follower Tweaks

Unique amulet and Rings Buff

Armored Circlets- Dragonborn

arrows from the Forge

Arrowsmith: dawnguard Edition

Ashara's skyrim characters

auriel Bow improved

ponytails hairstyles by Azar

improved Blacksmithing

Legendary creatures

Breezehome Fully upgradable

Daedric artifacts improved

Daedric assassin light armor

daedric corset

Dawnguard smithing 2.0

DCR - blade set

Dragonborn smithing

Family Per Fix

Felheim Estate Dawnguard Free

Etc.

According to what I read we should be able to play the game with up to 255 mods. When I was playing on my sister's pc I had about the same amount of mods and no problems, and my pc is newer and better than hers.

BTW, I also downloaded all the unofficial patches and put them after the esm files as suggested, this didn't fix my problem.

Edited by greenlake17

I don't know why but somtimes this issue occurs to me too. Perfectly fine save files just crash when I choose them after starting up Skyrim.

My workaround is to load my first save (the one in the prison since I have live another life mod). Then I just load my most current save and everything is fine and dandy. It seems like whenever I quit Skyrim for the day and load it back up the save file refuses to load until I go to a newer one and load the file from there.

It's a little annoying but not too bad since it doesn't affect me continuing with my current save files. Just odd it wont load right away. It's like some sort of temporary data doesn't get flushed upon the startup and makes the last save file you used corrpt until you load a previous file.

• 3 weeks later...

Was having this problem too. What fixed it for me was after getting everything setup and loaded correctly I closed the program I was using to manage the mods (wyre, nmm, whatever) and then opened the plugin file and moved the unofficial patches (eps files) to below the last esm (boss jumps them to middle of esm load order which can mess things up) and then I added in skyrim.esm as the first item in the load order (I was also not having skyrim.esm show up due to both wyrebash and nmm not putting it into plugin file). Then loading the game with a desktop shortcut to skse (as trying to run with either nmm or wyrebash just resets the changes you make to the plugin file) This has fixed the problem completely for me. Hope it helps.