Skyrim Crashes Upon Loading Saved Games

adamb0mber

I'm having this problem right now, but I can't remember which mods I had before and I want to avoid getting rid of my saves if at all possible. Are there any other ways that anyone knows of?

I've been wanting to start using Nexus, but the mod manager doesn't work on my laptop with a bunch of special stuff and I can't run it as an administrator because I share it with my sister, who is afraid letting it run as admin will my it will ruin the computer. Are there any other sites I can download mods from (I've used a few before, but only for very specific mods)?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was having this problem too. What fixed it for me was after getting everything setup and loaded correctly I closed the program I was using to manage the mods (wyre, nmm, whatever) and then opened the plugin file and moved the unofficial patches (eps files) to below the last esm (boss jumps them to middle of esm load order which can mess things up) and then I added in skyrim.esm as the first item in the load order (I was also not having skyrim.esm show up due to both wyrebash and nmm not putting it into plugin file). Then loading the game with a desktop shortcut to skse (as trying to run with either nmm or wyrebash just resets the changes you make to the plugin file) This has fixed the problem completely for me. Hope it helps.

You are a beautiful man, this fixed it for me. I simply moved the USKP.esp file under the last .esm file. Before that i had to create a new game everytime.

• 3 months later...

My workaround is to load my first save (the one in the prison since I have live another life mod). Then I just load my most current save and everything is fine and dandy.

Wow it worked!! Thanks for the solution. =D

For some reason I wasn't able to load any of my latest saves that were saved in Eldergleam Sanctuary. Using this method I could load them now. Hopefully I will be able to load my future saves directly without having to ALWAYS using this method though. D:

• 3 weeks later...

Starting a new game / loading an early save seems to be an workaround for this. I guess it is memory related then (pre-caching). Maybe someone, who can into memory hacking, could look into what is being cached and if there is a way to increase some limit to reduce the probability of a crash. That someone would be added on the unwritten list of heroic modders :3

I do have the increased pre-allocated memory hack set from SKSE(alpha 1.7.0) settings(thanks sheson o/ )

Hi guys! A solution I've found for this problem is here:

I've made this video for the community to show you how to solve this! I had the same problems for days but this seems actually to work for me!
If it works for you too, please comment, and share the video so all can see how to solve this!

Thanks!

Hi guys! A solution I've found for this problem is here:

I've made this video for the community to show you how to solve this! I had the same problems for days but this seems actually to work for me!

If it works for you too, please comment, and share the video so all can see how to solve this!

Thanks!

I can't find that

I don't have anything called appdata on mine

AppData is hidden. To show hidden files and folders, do this (source: http://cybertext.wordpress.com/2012/05/29/cant-see-the-appdata-folder/ )

1. Go to Windows Explorer.
  2. Open the C: drive.
  3. Click Organize on the menu bar.
  4. Select Folder and Search options.
  5. Select the View tab.
  6. Under Files and Folders > Hidden files and folders, select the option toShow hidden files, folders and drives.
  7. Click OK.
Edited by Brokenroses