Zahkrii Do Dovahkiin - Hidden DLC Dragonborn Sword

pmnavatar

Well, I was checking Dragonborn DLC in the Creation Centre when I came across this sword: Zahkrii Do Dovahkiin, a daedric-looking one handed sword that has this description "The swords true power can only be unlocked by the Thuum of the Dohvakiin."

With more research, I found a magic effect called "Rage of the Ancients" (dlc2dbrageofancientseffect).

Then I found this in thew web, by "darkwizard3533":

"Hidden dragonborn stuff

darkwizard3533
Posted 2/18/2013 8:37:44 PM
i think ive seen some of this mentioned elsewhere but has anyone dug through any of the dragonborn hidden extras ( you can use the creation kit/console/ or secret room).

theres some pretty cool stuff in there. spells to summon spectral dragons, conjure any army of ancient dragonborn that are all capable of individual shouts. essentially they dominate lol.

you get 1 more spectral dragonborn for every 5 dragon souls you have unspent.

one handed lightning storm.........and some of the spells have an affect that make use of parts of hte dragon aspect animation to make it look like power surges through your body as you cast they spell.

most of its functional, some of it incredibly overpowered but some balance tweaking and and finding a reasonable place for it in the game and it would fit in just fine. not sure why it was left out.

the most interesting thing is the zahkrii do dovahkin which is a one handed longsword (uses daedric artwork as placeholder) that has the description that your Thuum makes the sword stronger.

well doing some digging in the creation kit i found that the basic framework exists for the concept.

if you give yourself the sword in game via console or secret room you will find that no existing shout in the game as any effect on the sword except for elemental fury but thats because the sword in stock form is counted as unenchanted.

the framework for the description is in place, theres a word of power for rage of the ancients, which is the shout that was supposed to trigger this sword but no shout was ever created. the rest of the framework is in place the only thing needed to trigger the effect is a shout.

well i did that i made a quick shout went in game and it worked just fine. sword was triggered when i used my rage of ancients shout and it started glowing red.

but thats all it does, because if you look at the effect in the creation kit it doesn't appear to have been finished. it is set to be a script effect (like auriels bow or something) but there is no script attached.

basically its not very hard to complete, you could toss in a few effects and make this actually do something if you just want to do some extra damage or have some sort of drain effect on it. but because they had it set as a script effect initially it makes me think they had something far more elaborate planned (eg: auriels bow).

but the way its setup and labeled makes it sound as if they intended for there to be a whole set of weapons that could be powered with a shout or shouts.

i just found this interesting and wanted to post some thoughts and get input as to what other people think. i wonder why they stopped half way, i like the idea and i think it would have gone over really well.
/blogfaqs lol

"

"Zahkrii Do Dovakhin" translates "Sword of the Dragonborn"

Can anyone make something of this???? The Sword has to remain unenchanted for a shout to work.

My suggestion, a shout that makes the sword glow and do fire+lightning+ice+wind+sun elemental damage. And maybe a force push when the sword hit something.

And this unique sword must have an unique mesh...

Any ideas??

Thnx

Edited by pmnavatar

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sword suggestion: http://www.fableblades.com/Photos/Dragonspear/Dragonspear%20%285%29.JPG

http://www.fableblades.com/Photos/Dragonspear/Dragonspear.JPG

http://www.fableblades.com/Photos/Dragonspear/Dragonspear%20%283%29.JPG

http://www.fableblades.com/Photos/Dragonspear/Dragonspear%20%282%29.JPG

http://www.fableblades.com/Photos/Dragonspear/Dragonspear%20%2811%29.JPG

Huh, I noticed that sword when I downloaded the DB DLC, but it didn't look like a daedric weapon, but instead the sword from Vicious weapons, I thought it was just a conflict and didn't touch it. Would be cool to have another unique weapon in game, and if part of the machanics are already in place then the job is all the more easy. Also, the suggested sword is awsome. Maybe someone should ask cabal to give it a try, it looks like something he would do.

Huh, I noticed that sword when I downloaded the DB DLC, but it didn't look like a daedric weapon, but instead the sword from Vicious weapons, I thought it was just a conflict and didn't touch it. Would be cool to have another unique weapon in game, and if part of the machanics are already in place then the job is all the more easy. Also, the suggested sword is awsome. Maybe someone should ask cabal to give it a try, it looks like something he would do.

Cabal? Ok, I'll try and find him.

Thnx for the input!

Thnx for the input!

Find him, heh, he's the guy whose made the Book of Silence mod. Not to hard.

Thnx for the input!

Find him, heh, he's the guy whose made the Book of Silence mod. Not to hard.

I've tried to PM him, he's disabled that option :(

This would be mind-blowing if someone would pick up the project. Seriously: a true contribution to the game if accomplished.

As for Cabal, I don't think this is up his alley. He's focused on retexturing vanilla armors and weapons, not modifying or enhancing their enchantments and scripts. However, you could throw it in the direction of theycallmecheese - he just made it to the front pages with his Blade of Woe retexture, and he seems pretty skilled at retextures and enchantment modifications, so perhaps this could be presented as his magnum opus.

This would be mind-blowing if someone would pick up the project. Seriously: a true contribution to the game if accomplished.

As for Cabal, I don't think this is up his alley. He's focused on retexturing vanilla armors and weapons, not modifying or enhancing their enchantments and scripts. However, you could throw it in the direction of theycallmecheese - he just made it to the front pages with his Blade of Woe retexture, and he seems pretty skilled at retextures and enchantment modifications, so perhaps this could be presented as his magnum opus.

Thnx for the suggestion, i'll give it a try!