Message to Whiterun (Imperial) bug

rhapsodios

Hello again,

I'm unable to proceed through the quest Message to Whiterun. After returning Balgruuf's axe to him, Legate Cipius is not offering any dialogue to finish the quest nor starting the next one. I've already tried some workarounds like leaving the cell and coming back later, loading saves and disabling some mods. The bug seems to have happened to other players as well, though solutions to the bug vary as do the results of using the suggested workarounds.

The problem is the same as demonstrated in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T5o7QOEhKA

I'd appreciate any help I could get on solving this problem.

Edited by rhapsodios

Are your using Unofficial Skyrim Patch? if not, use it. it will help not only this, but also all other problems you might face.

And, reload a previous save.

even if you have unofficial skyrim patch and still having this problem, Im sorry, I think you'll have to use console command, or start a new game. T_T

Here is a link about the quest(UESP:Skyrim) : "http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Battle_for_Whiterun_(Imperial)"

Copy&paste the address including (imperial) part. Including (imperial) part is the right address. :)

There you can see the quest stages at the bottom of the page.

It seems that you are having trouble with the "talking to Cipius" objective. so type this console in your console screen. (ignore "" mark.)

"setstage CW03 210"

and this too,

"setstage CWSiegeObj 1"

or

"startquest CWSiegeObj"

(choose either one.)

then you'll skip the problem youre having.

Hope this helped. :)

Edited by Choi_Seungmin

Only thing I haven't tried is that startquest command. Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using all the unofficial patches. I have also already done the main quest, which might cause some problems regarding civil war quests (or perhaps that's the reason this quest is stuck... who knows). The quest console commands work to a some degree, though none of them can make my legate to give me orders and the Battle for Whiterun won't start (tried the exact command as listed on UESP page, with "1 1" but I'll try with just one 1 next time).

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem, no fix =(

Next quest doesn't start after "setstage cw03 any-part".

If I try to start Battle for Whiterun with "setstage CWSiegeObj 1" I get message "LocAliasIsLocation >> 0.00" and nothing happens.

And just nothing with "startquest CWSiegeObj".

I've tried to use previous saves, cancel mods and other things and still can't fix it.

I have 1.8.151.0.7 version with dragonborn and all unofficial patches. Hope someone found solution.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I´m stuck at this too. Started atleast 5 new games, with mods, without mods, without DLC´s, with DLC´s. Console commands didn´t help either. I did the main quest of the game too, then didn´t do it on another game, same results: Stuck at Legate Cipius or Galmer.

• 1 month later...

I have the same exact problem. Unofficial patch doesnt work, disabling mods doesnt work, leaving doing more questing coming back doesnt work, reloading saves doesnt work, console commands dont even work (I can end the quest but cant get the next objective to begin)

You have missed a scripted activator somewhere; meaning you have completely missed a point the game expected you to cross. This could be as a result of hurrying through objectives or from simply not entering whiterun through normal means. Like COCing or using a custom map marker mod. Long story short, you'll have to load a previous save. Barring that, assuming it doesn't work the issue is then mod related. For mod troubleshooting and Helpful advice drop by my guide here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32363

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I've been having this exact same problem and I've triend pretty much everything I've found on forums and google searching. It's not a huge issue to not complete the civil war, but I'd love to do it with appolodowns CWO. I have tried loading previous saves on 4 different new characters. I've tried entering Whiterun by "normal means" to activate any sort of dialogue I was missing. I have all of the unnofficial patches that are available on nexus. I've tried with and without mods. Is there any other option for this or a mod that's known to fix it?