• Please log in to reply
923 replies to this topic

nords15

nords15

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
Hey, great mod, just one issue though, when i hitched my Frost horse and unhitched it he losed his armor, from Convinient horses, i use unique Frost add-on, and when i select some other armor from MCM menu it works, and when i swithc to default it only have saddle, i tried re-installing CH mod but it didn't helped. So, I am confused? What should I do to fix it?

berticus0001

berticus0001

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
In response to post #8168612.

In the first menu there are three options, Hitch, Unlock & Saddle, selecting Saddle will stop the saddle from being swapped for the harness.

nords15

nords15

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
In response to post #8168612. #8168738 is also a reply to the same post.

Yeah i did that, but then he the have normal saddle instead of the armor from unique frost mod.

spdelorme

spdelorme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
when they decide to start working on ES6, they should hire you and a lot of the other awesome mod makers. berticus0001 your Gypsy eyes caravan is by far my favorite mod now, keep up the awesome work, it's people like you who will keep Skyrim going for years to come.

NeoNudel

NeoNudel

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
I really REALLY want to use this mod. It has potential to be a great mod, in fact my favorite house mod ever. But, it just doesn't want to play nice with Convenient Horses, a mod I'm so attached to that if it had a finger I'd put a ring on it. Even with my horse set to Friendly with all factions and Foolhardy, so he pretty much ignores combat AND Gypsy Caravan set to not unhitch and dismount during combat, I find that my caravan will randomly unhitch itself from my horse and roll off somewhere. This wouldn't be game-breaking for me as I can simply go to the caravan, unhitch my horse and rehitch him. However, every time this happens, it has the unfortunate side effect of breaking my horse's speed. Even when I manually unhitch him from the caravan, his speed never recovers. It remains reduced as if he's pulling an invisible caravan. I also noticed that even if this bug didn't occur, the caravan harness (for lack of a better word) would track my horse's movements while he was unattached. It would turn with his movements and move independently from the caravan itself, which was a little odd. I don't know if this was a side effect of Convenient Horses and Gypsy Caravan having a soft incompatibility or if it's just a rough edge of the mod itself. If it proved to be the latter rather than the former I could totally live with it. I simply can't live with the broken speed bug. I will however be tracking this mod and will certainly download and retest every version you put out until I get one that works with my game. The other features are simply that good. If anyone is capable of patching the two mods so that they're more stable together OR if anyone has any advice for maybe getting them to work in my game in their current states, I would be forever grateful.

Edited by NeoNudel, 05 June 2013 - 04:54 AM.

Ienzo_Zexion

Ienzo_Zexion

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Is it possible that the player can buy an spidey-creation-thingy for the caravan, when he finds the "spidey-creation-thingy" on Solstheim. It was always a pain to go back there and this would be the perfect mod for it. :)

Freso

Freso

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
A few things... 1) With Dragonborn, there are not enough room for the masks! D: (Also, some of them seem to keep popping off the display. They're still packed up with the carriage though, so no harm done.) 2) The "mini smelter" seems to use a different system than the regular smelters? With SkyRe, smelting things trains your Smithing skill, but it does not seem like the Caravan's "smelter" triggers this. 3) I'm thinking that renaming "Mage Robes" to "Robes and Clothing" or something like that might be useful. I seem to have a lot more non-mage-y clothing (party clothes, a set of fine clothes I got from Uncle Sheo, ...) in it than I do mage robes anyway. 4) I would like a container for stuff I plan to sell. As the peddler JoŽDar is at heart, all his tusks and kettles, plates, cups, jugs, etc. he has collected or crafted for selling at the next town he comes to really clutters up the "Misc. Items" if I choose to store them in there. Perhaps next to the smithing goods? 5) I know this is a known issue, but I wish there was a way to make my follower sit in the caravan so he wouldn't be run over half the time I'm driving it. :| ps. Did I mention that JoŽDar is quite in love with this caravan? Discovering this standing outside Markarth as he was heading on to Solitude (and, as chance would, just before Markarth was about to be attacked by an elder dragon) and deciding on a whim to get it was definitely one of his better moments since he arrived broken and deceived and poor and cold in Skyrim.

Edited by Freso, 08 June 2013 - 03:45 PM.

kimstr

kimstr

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
In response to post #8165745. #8165786, #8167519, #8167566, #8167574 are all replies on the same post.

for me it just takes a little while, normally around one minute before all is cleaned up

Dozer989

Dozer989

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
Gopher's Skylight video brought me to check out this little gem.

I like the little disclaimer about if you tumble the thing off into a chasm or into the ocean that you should just collect your items and re-istall the mod! I love the idea of this mod and will definetly give it a try soon. With most of the mods that I use from the Nexus, I have to do some personal modifications to them in the CK to get them perfect for me. This caravan mod though looks like perfection already! I prefer a more spartan, simple look to my mods than most people, and this caravan seems simple, functional and elegant to my eye.

On a side note, I would really love to see someone make a monster truck mod based loosely on the idea of this caravan. The more ridiculous and gawdy-looking the thing is, the better. Alas, I doubt anyone will ever get around to making such a silly mod for mal-adjusted people like me:(

berticus0001

berticus0001

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
In response to post #8193036.

Yeah, CH is only really compatible if you ride the horse instead of the caravan as CH has to run periodic updates on the horse's AI to check what it's doing, where it's going etc. and this update can cause the horse to disconnect from the carriage, but I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done about it, CH needs the AI update to function and there's no way (that I know of yet! ) to check for the event and re-hitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.098 seconds