again and again freezes :(

jones81

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's one more from my side (I promided to report back).

After setting up my absolutely clean install, once I've installed MHKP (More Hotkeys Please), my Papyrus.log looks irritatingly similar as before.

I've already posted this to the MHKP thread: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/772219-more-hotkeys-please/page-133&do=findComment&comment=7611419

Right now I suppose that this is a minor flaw in MHKP that probably does no harm. But if so, it would indicate that those "ghost scripts" in my original logs probably were not the reason for the problem.

I'll have to go on playing and observe whether I'll also run into the same problem again (like jones81).

What strikes my eye in the first place are that there are new error log entries from DLC Dragonborn in both our logs (yes, jones81, I am having them, too!):

[03/19/2013 - 01:09:02AM] [DLC2RieklingRescuePlayerScript <alias Player on quest DLC2RieklingRescue (04038C07)>]ProcessingHit OnBeginState() Calling RollForRieklings() and RegisterForSingleUpdate() to reset OnHit Event Capture
[03/19/2013 - 01:09:02AM] [DLC2RieklingRescuePlayerScript <alias Player on quest DLC2RieklingRescue (04038C07)>]ProcessingHit OnBeginState() WasProjectile: TRUE
[03/19/2013 - 01:09:02AM] [DLC2RieklingRescueScript <DLC2RieklingRescue (04038C07)>]RollForRieklings()
[03/19/2013 - 01:09:02AM] [DLC2RieklingRescueScript <DLC2RieklingRescue (04038C07)>]RollForRieklings() chance: 25.000000, roll: 31.000000
[03/19/2013 - 01:09:02AM] [DLC2RieklingRescuePlayerScript <alias Player on quest DLC2RieklingRescue (04038C07)>]OnHit() akProjectile: [PROJECTILE < (000252C6)>]
[03/19/2013 - 01:09:02AM] [DLC2RieklingRescuePlayerScript <alias Player on quest DLC2RieklingRescue (04038C07)>]OnHit() akSource: [Form < (000252C2)>]
[03/19/2013 - 01:09:02AM] [DLC2RieklingRescuePlayerScript <alias Player on quest DLC2RieklingRescue (04038C07)>]OnHit() WasProjectile: TRUE
[

I wonder whether there's some general problem with Dragonborn?

So should we be waiting for the next official and unofficial patches rather than rushing ahead? :cool:

DLC2RieklingRescue and such are editing from Beth's which remain, you just have to ignore them, but as you said it's probably why, there is so much problem with the last Dlc.

It's the same for Dlc1 there is 2/3 script running from nowhere.

then for your first Papyrus log, yes it was, that is call at the end bloating, if you still have this kind of log, your save won't work correctly and became huge in early lvl

@@

then for your first Papyrus log, yes it was, that is call at the end bloating

Are you refering to a specific entry? I admit that I haven't compared both logs line by line. I've mainly paid attention to everything related to MHKP, and I am uncertain whether these are really problematic (still waiting for an answer from the MHKP author, though).

Several other entries in there (before and after) seem to be known vanilla bugs that can probably ignored.

Is there anything else I've missed? I don't believe that every single error message in the Papyrus.log naturally indicates a savegame bloating risk. And during my previous issues (CTDs, script failures), bloating wasn't the problem at all.

Last but not least, my current savegame has continually, but also very slowly, grown from approx. 4.2Mb to 5MB over about 20 saves. I consider this still normal and far from bloating, compared to my ealier bloating issues I experienced.

my point was if you just starting a new game with already this kind of log, what it'll be in 30 lvl. now i'm probably wrong, MHKP probably run fine this way, i've un install it for this reason, bloating.

if your log is around 17 ko/20 ko every things are fine, i've had log about 2875k once, so far around 20 ko

5 mb for a save depending on your mod list is the min so all is good.

enjoy your game

@@

my point was if you just starting a new game with already this kind of log, what it'll be in 30 lvl.

That's true, of course. In fact, that's exactly the reason why I am so anxiously analyzing everything so thoroughly right now (i.e. at level 1). I am so fed up with fighting such issues on level 30-40, which is what happened during my previous two playthroughs :)

now i'm probably wrong, MHKP probably run fine this way, i've un install it for this reason, bloating.

Are you really sure that it was caused by MHKP in your case?

Because my main concern is that I just don't want to guess this time. I am trying to be as specific as possible, and not to falsely blame neither a specific mod, nor the game in general.

There are simply so many different types of errors in the Papyrus.log and so many potential reasons for instability, and I suppose that many entries are indeed harmless!

During my last attempts to fight CTDs, script failures and bloating at a high character level (always desperately fighting to "save my savegame"), I've been suspecting at least 4 different mods temporarily for being the reason (among which were: Frostfall, Deadly Dragons, iHUD and Dynamic Vision, but never MHKP). All of these mods had - at some time - been "causing" weird effects, including weird log entries. I could - at least temporarily - reproduce the effects by activating/deactivating the specific mod.

But in the end all of them were mostlikely false alarms. No matter how much energy I spent on it, I never managed to isolate the one culprit (in the end it was never by 100% reproducible). Therefore I am convinced that a Papyrus log error doesn't deliver evidence for a "bloating mod" at all. In the end, I just abandoned my savegames as "hopelessly corrupt for unknown reasons" and opted for the fresh install.

In my case, you will notice that the MHKP entries - though they look like a vast list - only happen during initialization of the game, but they don't continue. That's why I believe that MHKP is not the culprit (still waiting for Spinner's answer, though)... :cool:

i try to explain every time i can, that papyrus log isn't a crash report, but, in some case, it'll show the way, something we can start with, area etc.., to track down a culprit. there is many mods, the game itself, which are calling for a function at a T moment even it's not necessary, it's a routine and a normal behaviour, in the log," script blabla is missing" and it's the way it should be, like a false positive.

After many research about my ctd's few month ago, i've founded that MHKP could be the one, because of bloating my log and saves, in fact it's not sure 100%, i've disabled few mods and it was one of them, but then everything came back to normal.

Today, i've only, missing script from DLC1 which are "normal" and that's it, i've reduced also my scripted mod list to the essential one, but i admit that playing a necromage without MHKP or alike is a bit hard :D

Don't focus to much on your save, standard is 4.5/5 mb to 16 mb at the end, but for some, it works even with saves around 20/25

my actual char is 32 with 6.8 mb saves, i've have a lot of mods + DLC .

@@

it's only for the form id which are duplicate, not for ghost script, there is a utility for scripting, the only one problem is, it works as a batch, you can't choose which script to clean, you must dele all of them

@@

it's only for the form id which are duplicate, not for ghost script, there is a utility for scripting, the only one problem is, it works as a batch, you can't choose which script to clean, you must dele all of them

@@

Yes, to me this looks like somethng that can also be done with TES5Edit (wild edits/dirty edits)... or am I wrong?

Anyway, it doesn't seem to be able to solve the famous savegame bloat issues, because these have nothing to do woth FormIDs.