Hearthfire Stewards

Fistandilius

1. There's no system which determines it outside of the developers themselves. However, you can find a list of NPCs that are confirmed Stewards from one of the Elder Scrolls wiki sites.

As for console commands, I can't help you out there.

• 5 weeks later...

I believe it CAN be done from the console, but only for certain NPCs. They need to be a current follower, and have a follower voice-type. Just making them a follower by adding them to the follower faction (which I forget, goggle it) and raising their relationshiprank to 3 or more should do the trick.

I've never done it, but I've researched stewards intensively to figure out how to replace them when they die or disappear.

• 1 year later...
I have had trouble with Erik the Slayer, I want him to be my steward for my Falkreath house (Lakeview Manor) but I get no option, is there a way to make him my steward using console commands, I have used unofficial patches to try and fix this but it hasn't worked. So if you know, can you tell me a command that will give me the option to be a steward, or force him to be, and have the option to buy me a bard and all that stuff. Thanks.

They have to be a follower, have the appropriate voice type given to them (so they have the required dialogue) - and there's a few other settings you have to put forward in the CK.

Trying it with just console commands it going to break things.

Well, Erik the Slayer is meant to be a steward, but for some reason he doesn't give me the option, and I don't think any of the other followers give me the option.