skse update in light of skyrim 1.9?

dukesilver28

The current listed build of SKSE works with the most current version of Skyrim. I assure you. I believe on the SKSE Nexus page there is a troubleshooting link with the errors you can receive and what they mean. I'd say, start there.

Can you please provide me with a link to that page? I tried searching for it both in Google and in the Skyrim Nexus site itself, but could not find it. The only results on the Nexus were other mods & patches related SKSE, but for SKSE itself, and all other links I can find just lead to the same old http://skse.silverlock.org/ (and there's no link on THAT page to any forum or other site that could possibly have any info about this... and yes I did read the Readme). My google-fu is very very weak.

• 1 year later...

I'm a bit confused by what I've read here... it seems that half the comments are saying "it's fully update & works fine" and the other half are saying "it is not working at all, there needs to be a newer update for it to work." Also my problem seems to be a tiny bit different than what everyone else is talking about, and TBH I'm not even sure where the problem lies, so I'll just describe it & see if anyone understands & can tell me what to do about it.

(BTW there a lot of version #s being mentioned for Skyrim and for SKSE, and I'm not very good at recognizing version #s (either in terms of downloading a mod from a website, or checking on one I already have installed), so bear with me as I explain my situation with what little tech-speak I know.)

Here's what happened in chronological order.

-I bought the game & started playing last July. I used many mods, including SKSE & SKYUI.

-I stopped playing last fall, because I could not keep up with all the updates of everything that were making it too overwhelming to use mods in general (and I would NEVER play an Elder Scrolls game without mods). I did not have any DLC by then.

-Yesterday (3/25) I re-installed the game & started playing again. Only starting with new saves, not loading any from the past.

-I started going my list of mods from the past, just to check which ones were still available & were compatible with the 3 DLCs. I only had enough time to install & test a couple mods, including SKSE & SKYUI. It worked just fine. (Indeed, SKYUI seems to be quite improved since before.) I did get the latest Unofficial Skyrim Patch too. And since installing SKSE, I ONLY use the SKSE Loader to launch the game.

-Then I purchased & installed all the DLCs (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn) via Steam. I got the latest Unofficial Patch for each one of them, & looked up the proper load order to use for all of them.

-I then started a new character again, with all DLCs active. The game still seems to work, but I started getting an error message about SKSE. Here's a screenshot of it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5ijumqhop0kok5/SKSE%20error%20after%20patch%20_1.9.png

If you can't open the link to the pic here's the short version of what it says:

"SKYUI ERROR CODE 1

The SKSE is not running.

SkyUI will not work correctly!

This message might mean that a new Skyrim patch has been released;

if so, you need to wait for a SKSE update & then install it."

The game still works, and even SkyUI skill works, although it's very noticably buggy now.

(Here's a screenshot of how it looks now; and btw it looked different than this 10 seconds before I took the screenshot, so even the bugs are inconsistant. https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0k7jlifczw0gdj/SKYUI%20buggy%20screenshot.bmp)

Is this the same problem that everyone else is having with SKSE/SKYUI currently, or my problem a different one (regarless of what order of events brought any of us to this point)?

Interesting thing is it only started having problems after I installed the DLCs & their patches. The most recent Skyrim patch 1.9 came out before I installed the game, so that alone doesn't account for the problem with SKSE. It would seem that whatever was in the patch that is causing SKSE to malfunction is exclusively related to the DLCs, & doesn't have anything to do with the vanilla game.

Anyway, can someone please tell me, IS there a release of SKSE out yet that is updated to work with the recent Skyrim 1.9 patch? And if so, then WHEN was it released, and WHERE can I get it?

The version I installed was the ONE & ONLY file available from this link http://skse.silverlock.org/ (right below the top, listed as "Current build") as of March 25th. And the versions of Skyrim, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn, and the Unofficial Patches for each of them, and SkyUI... were all the latest versions that were available as of either that date or the next (it was past midnight in my time zone last night when I got to downloading the DLCs).

Now, if the necessary SKSE update has NOT yet been released as of now... then how can I know when it does come out? Where can I look to see news of it being released? The main SKSE website has always been notorious for not listing its file-versions accurately.

@enderes

Exactly the same issue here. I just performed a reinstall, the game ran completely fine to start with, rebooted my machine and now I have exactly the same issue. I get the SKYUI error, yet it still works fine. I know there's nothing wrong with the install and I have the latest and updated 'everything' - drivers, sys updates, all software, all mods etc.

Hi,...that post was from a year ago...at that time their was an update to the game skyrim (new patch) so SKSE needed an update. This is not true as of now. Skyrim has not had an update and SKSE is the same as it was back then...So it would be better to start a new thread as this one is about things that were going on a year ago.

You say exactly same issue...what ..is your Skyrim not up to date?...SKSE not running?....the SKSE 1.6 and the Beta SKSE 1.7 BOTH work with the current version of Skyrim...>>1.9 so to check if SKSE is installed correctly...

Once the game is loaded> press Esc> the lower left in the box you will see your Skyrim version and the SKSE version.

or

When at the first menu (before loading a save) >open the console (~) and type getskseversion that will return what version is running...if nothing is returned SKSE is not running.

You have to start the game using the SKSE launcher >>always.

Edited by camaro_69_327