At the summit

Acetoolguy

I can't kill Miraak. I have tried not attacking him at all, just running away from his attacks. Sooner or later he always goes into his kiddie pool and I can't touch him. With this attempt I have no dragons left flying around, he is at about 40% health but nothing else is happening. Any ideas on how to just end this? On a PC with latest update and the unoffical DB patch also up to date. I tried the ideas on Wiki to no avail, hoping someone on here has a consol command or trick that has worked for them.

Thanks for reading.

Strange that you can get him to 40% and not defeat him, though.
If you don't mind cheating, you can always toggle god mode. Open the console and tgm. He's always untouchable in the kiddie pool as he attacks the Dragons.

Edited by sisterof

That was what I read, he's still in the pool though, and there are no living dragons left flying around. I killed all 3. I am not well versed on consol commands, do you mind elaborating a bit?

Edit, tried god mode, won't work because I can't touch him.

Thanks

Edited by Acetoolguy

So he already did the kiddie pool thing three times and now he's invulnerable? He's supposed to kill the Dragons, not you.
Has Hermaeus Mora said anything at this point?
Check the bugs list here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:At_the_Summit_of_Apocrypha and give us a shout if you need help. :smile:

He's supposed to become invulnerable in the center three times, at each time killing one of the Dragons. Maybe if you killed them before he had the chance to, the scene script got borked. In this case, do you have a recent save?
If he did get the three souls and went through the three invulnerable moments, then you'll have to try opening the console, clicking him (at the center top of the console you'll see his hex code) and type disable, hit enter, and then enable and hit enter.

Edited by sisterof

funny thing is, we have 3 dead dragons on the ground but they are still whole, neither one of us got the souls. I have a save before the wall, thats where I have tried the other fixes from. Last one i rode my dragon around till he killed it. i'll try the disable/enable. I just want to move on. Thanks for checking back in.

(Edit), thats what happens, he gets into his pool, kills a dragon but does not absorb the soul, and stays frozen in the pool. tried a few times now and always the same thing.

Is there a consol command to get to the scene where he gets killed? skipping everything in between.

Edited by Acetoolguy

From the link I linked: Use these commands to end the quest: setstage dlc2mq06 550 followed by setstage dlc2mq06 580. The 580 state of the quest is what raises the new altar from the pool of liquid. The raising of the altar will sometimes bring up Miraak's body if he is stuck under the liquid. This is also the state that causes the glowing skills icons to appear.

It's a pity you're having such trouble with it. I had the luck of it working perfectly the first time I played, so I knew what should happen in the next three times I did it and it bugged out. It's very frustrating when you don't know what's supposed to happen - so you're unsure if you should wait or what... :confused:

I'd advise you to try again without rushing into battle or anything. Toggle godmode on and just wait for every single speech, let him attack first, and so on. Give the game a chance to do all its scripts without interruption. Godmode allows you to do that without worrying. If that still doesn't work, then use the setstage command. The dialogue is pretty neat, though, so it's worth replaying it to get it, in my opinion.

Resolved it......I started disabling mods and it turns out there is a conflict in the unoffical skyrim patch, not the DB patch. I have no clue what it is but with that mod disabled the quest went forward normally.

Thanks again for your efforts!!

• 7 months later...

I had a completely different problem. I got through the 3 dragon deaths fine but afterwards he would get to the health lvl where he disappeared before and then would just dissapear and stay gone. The console commands u gave got me through it but i don't know what all was supposed to actually happen :wallbash: if anyone knows why whats up with the quest i would appriciate it.

Resolved it......I started disabling mods and it turns out there is a conflict in the unoffical skyrim patch, not the DB patch. I have no clue what it is but with that mod disabled the quest went forward normally.

Thanks again for your efforts!!

Make sure the Unofficial Skyrim Patch is loaded before the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.

I had the same kind of issue and this was what fixed it for me :)

• 2 months later...

this damned script is so poorly written it is hard to believe that it got through QA. but, this is how i did it..... toggle god mode (tilde key + tgm) then went all werewolf on Mirrak this worked like a champ. Mirrak's health dropped as per the script he went to the kiddy pool and killed a dragon to heal, i went all beasty on him again. back to the kiddy pool for Mirrak, all beasty on him again until the script played out. this should not have to be like this. the script should have accounted for variances and not break so damned easily. of course werewolf will time out so have a weapon handy for the final kill. hope this helps.