1.9 patch has removed eyes blinking?

Brahemino

Just noticed this issue today. My character no longer blinks, her eyes are always open. When I use showracemenu command, she blinks just once then stops blinking again.

I had a backup copy of 1.8.151 files and when I used 1.8's executable instead of the latest, my char started blinking again. I changed nothing else, just used the older TESV.exe.

A tip I've discovered to bypass the eye glitch without having to reload or use showracemenu or the like. Simply go into third person (First may work too, I never actually tried it that way.) and use a shout. You need all three words of a shout to do it, just hold the shout key down long enough to use all the words. From what I can tell all the shouts work including Throw Voice and Clear Skies if you want to use something with a short cooldown. It MAY work with two words, truthfully I'm not certain since I never tried. But when you use a shout it causes you to blink momentarily and will fix the closed-eyes bug.

I've been using that since then and it's worked every time for me without having to bring up the console.

Some speculation it might be related to head-tracking mod (I also use this).

I wanted to comment on this, it actually has NOTHING to do with the Player Headtracking mod, I've tried it on a brand new character after I was having some issues and uninstalled that mod prior. My character would STILL refuse to blink so it's something Bethesda screwed up and is probably waiting until there's enough patches of significance to upload a fix for it.

Edited by SamusKnight2K

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping as another person dealing with these bugs. Lip sync is off by a few seconds, as well as no more blinking. The odd time NPC's eyes roll in the back of their heads while talking to them as well all of this is new with the latest patch.

Has anyone heard any official comments on the issues or anything? I can not even get into playing anymore it's far to immersion breaking for me. Like I'm watching a Japanese film.

I agree DeltaAgent26. I have spent more time tweaking and fixing than I have playing in the last few months. After I get my game working properly again (and I withhold my urge to update mods) I am playing through dammit!!!!

I would strongly reccomend updating your mods - I had endless crap. I then proceeded to remove all mods from the game, and only re-installed new mods / New versions of mods - with the exception of New Armors & weapons. (Those should be fine since the do not alter gamplay (perks, skills etc) ).

I also used TES5Edit to clean all the mods BOSS picked up as dirty, and started using Wrye Bash to install mods. Before all this I couldn't even get to solstein, and dawnguard was so damn laggy it was almost unplayable. (Press "Transform to Vampire Lord, wait 50-odd seconds - then it actually transformed.)

New playthrough it has been almost perfect.

• 2 weeks later...