Nexus Mod Manager Crashing When Uninstalling Skyrim Mod

Qrinjin

This is very frustrating, Almost every time i try to uninstall an installed mod, the NMM crashes and gives me an error box. It starts up fine when i open it back up, but i am still not able to uninstall mods...any mods. I've reinstalled NMM and skyrim but the issue is still there. If someone could give at least an idea of what might be happening, it would be great!

• 4 weeks later...

Yup yup... same here...

So far, no good solution; thinking of trying manually uninstalling mods, and see if it figures out that they are gone.

*EDIT*

Looks like this is not a Nexus Issue.

Running through the debug log, it was stating that a resource was held by another program... looking through Task Manager, apparently Skyrim itself was still running silently in the background somewhere, despite having been closed and not appearing in the task bar.

Upon shutting down skyrim through the task manager, Nexus Manager worked correctly.

Edited by SilentThunderStorm

• 8 months later...

Yup yup... same here...

So far, no good solution; thinking of trying manually uninstalling mods, and see if it figures out that they are gone.

*EDIT*

Running through the debug log, it was stating that a resource was held by another program... looking through Task Manager, apparently Skyrim itself was still running silently in the background somewhere, despite having been closed and not appearing in the task bar.

Upon shutting down skyrim through the task manager, Nexus Manager worked correctly.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This has been troubling me for so much time, I almost decided to throw my computer out the window from how frustrating it was. Do you have any idea why it was running silently in the background?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Yup yup... same here...

*EDIT*

Omg thank you!!

• 6 months later...

This is very frustrating, Almost every time i try to uninstall an installed mod, the NMM crashes and gives me an error box. It starts up fine when i open it back up, but i am still not able to uninstall mods...any mods. I've reinstalled NMM and skyrim but the issue is still there. If someone could give at least an idea of what might be happening, it would be great!

when i try to uninstall mods my manager crashes but it says that it is because I DONT HAVE ENOUGH DISK SPACE. i have a lot of diskspace and just dont get how I can fix this

when i try to uninstall mods my manager crashes but it says that it is because I DONT HAVE ENOUGH DISK SPACE. i have a lot of diskspace and just dont get how I can fix this

Check if all of your virtual disks have free space, I had this problem when my disk C got full.

Edited by IlluminumTower

• 2 months later...

The same is happening to me. I am trying to uninstall a mod but I keep getting the same error about disk space even though the drive that holds all of the main nexus files (C drive) has over a terabyte of space left. My C-Drive which contains the place where the tracelogs are stored has a little over 2 gb left.

• 3 months later...

Okay so, I've had this issue and it seems to only randomly uninstall mods or whatever for me.

But the fix seems to be this:

Instead of going to your install tab at the bottom, go to the download tab, there's a TINY little arrow pointing right at the bottom left side of that pull-out box (below where you'd find the "clean up finished downloads" box etc), click that, then click the little icon with the tooltip "resumes all paused/queued downloads" when you hover over it, it looks like three rectangles with an arrow pointing downwards.

For some weird reason this resumes the autopaused uninstallation. GG