The Voice Actors of Skyrim (Nexus)

Hotemochick1992

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any tips on how to build my youtube following? without using facebook i mean

Make quality content over quantity of content, editing can be your best friend.

check my channel and let me know how that QUALITY/QUANTITY thing you were talking about goes over on my channel- Ergo every video in 1080p and takes me a day to render/uplaod. I'd say Im pretty damn focused on Quality- BUT HEY I could be wrong....

ALSO checked out your channel and subbed- useful stuff here for my film props and stuff nice.

Edited by 818studios

(...)

(...)

check my channel and let me know how that QUALITY/QUANTITY thing you were talking about goes over on my channel- Ergo every video in 1080p and takes me a day to render/uplaod. I'd say Im pretty damn focused on Quality- BUT HEY I could be wrong....

ALSO checked out your channel and subbed- useful stuff here for my film props and stuff nice.

When he said "quality" he didn't only mean the technicalities. "Quality (video) content" is something that is worth watching. You make Let's Play's, so you should ask yourself: Why should someone watch your videos and not one of thousands of other let's players? Why should someone spend his/hers precious time watching your videos instead of simply playing the game themselves? Are your videos interesting/funny/informative? Do you have something interesting to say about those games, about their story and characters? Or maybe you can say something about how those games are made? About technology used in them?

As you can see, there are a lot of questions and believe me, there is no human on earth that can give you good answers to all of them. You simply need to make your best and constantly self improve.

Just remember to not waste someones time.

Oh, and promote yourself. You can make best content on internet and yet have no viewers because people don't know it exists.

Edited by KorinOo

(...)

(...)

When he said "quality" he didn't only mean the technicalities. "Quality (video) content" is something that is worth watching. You make Let's Play's, so you should ask yourself: Why should someone watch your videos and not one of thousands of other let's players? Why should someone spend his/hers precious time watching your videos instead of simply playing the game themselves? Are your videos interesting/funny/informative? Do you have something interesting to say about those games, about their story and characters? Or maybe you can say something about how those games are made? About technology used in them?

As you can see, there are a lot of questions and believe me, there is no human on earth that can give you good answers to all of them. You simply need to make your best and constantly self improve.

Oh, and promote yourself. You can make best content on internet and yet have no viewers because people don't know it exists.

Exactly as KorimOo said!! I didn't mean to imply that your content isn't quality 818Studios, just that quality should always be priority over quantity of videos. That was a lesson me and many other YouTubers take a while to learn, and knowing and valuing it from the very start can save you a lot of trouble down the line.

Also self promotion is good, but don't spam!! No-one likes spammers, and if you do spam on Google... Google will find out and ghost your account. After that any and all of your comments On YouTube/Google+/Blogger are automatically hidden so no one ever see's them. They don't tell you that they're doing this, they just leave you to believe that everything is still fine, and that people still see your comments... Fair Warning... (But I'm sure you're mature enough not to do that anyways.)

Thanks for the sub and I'll check out your channel as soon as I get a chance.

Edited by TrollFaceTheMan

(...)

(...)

Exactly as KorimOo said!! I didn't mean to imply that your content isn't quality 818Studios, just that quality show always be priority over quantity of videos. That was a lesson me and many other YouTubers take a while to learn, and knowing and valuing it from the very start can save you a lot of trouble down the line.

Also self promotion is good, but don't spam!! No-one likes spammers, and if you do spam on Google... Google will find out and ghost your account. After that any and all of your comments On YouTube/Google+/Blogger are automatically hidden so no one ever see's them. They don't tell you that they're doing this, they just leave you to believe that everything is still fine, and that people still see your comments... Fair Warning... (But I'm sure you're mature enough not to do that anyways.)

And i did not mean to come across as a dick- I'm sorry. Yeah I do tend to focus on the quality of my videos, and I talk about how I view the game in certain aspects and what I've noticed to be a dramatic improvement on gameplay with where technology is today, vs technical hitches in the game that may hinder performance or play- I usually tend to comment on all facets of the game that I am versed in. Granted that isn't very many, I still like to make videos and Let's Plays that I have taken to calling "Honest", meaning as straight as they come, no silly antics, PewDiePie nonsense or bullshit being fed to the viewer on a silver spoon. Just me and my game. And some machinimas of course, because, who doesn't love a machinima or two?

Halm
Actor Stats

Last Updated: 06/27/2015
Active Member: Yes

Playable Races: Any

Experience: I have yet to have anything accepted onto the Skyrim Nexus forum in ways of voice acting, but I am a novice voice actor.

Skills: Familiar with Audacity, own audio equipment, lots of acting experience.

Voice Samples:
https://soundcloud.com/lobeard

(...)

(...)

Exactly as KorimOo said!! I didn't mean to imply that your content isn't quality 818Studios, just that quality show always be priority over quantity of videos. That was a lesson me and many other YouTubers take a while to learn, and knowing and valuing it from the very start can save you a lot of trouble down the line.

And i did not mean to come across as a dick- I'm sorry. Yeah I do tend to focus on the quality of my videos, and I talk about how I view the game in certain aspects and what I've noticed to be a dramatic improvement on gameplay with where technology is today, vs technical hitches in the game that may hinder performance or play- I usually tend to comment on all facets of the game that I am versed in. Granted that isn't very many, I still like to make videos and Let's Plays that I have taken to calling "Honest", meaning as straight as they come, no silly antics, PewDiePie nonsense or bulls*** being fed to the viewer on a silver spoon. Just me and my game. And some machinimas of course, because, who doesn't love a machinima or two?

You would have to try a lot harder than that to abrase me, but at any rate... Like I said if you keep making quality content people will eventually see that you're not like everyone else whom typically tries to pump out as much mindless dribble as possible, and will come to respect and follow you based on how good your work is in comparison.

But we probably shouldn't talk about this here seeing as it is a Voice Actor Forum Thread after all, and not a YouTube Advice 101 Class...

So if their anything else that you might have question on that doesn't directly relate to the thread topic at hand, please feel free to Pm me so we don't derail everything.

I'm still looking for voice actors for my project MediEvil: Hero of Gallowmere!

For more information about the roles you can go to the projects CastinCall.Club page here http://castingcall.club/projects/medievil-hero-of-gallowmere

or simply contact me via PM here.

If you wanna read more about the project itself, you should check here http://www.moddb.com/mods/medievil-hero-of-gallowmere%20

or here http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1021091-wip-medievil-in-skyrim/

Hello, voice actors :)

I have a little project that isn't Skyrim. It's on Project Spark. It's just a hobby thing for me, so if you're doing this as a hobby yourself, check it out!

http://forums.projectspark.com/yaf_postst145666_Looking-for-2-adult-voice-actors--must-have-Kinect.aspx

Unfortunately due to Spark's recording restrictions, it is required that you have an Xbox One with a Kinect to record. Anyway, all the info (including script) is in the link.

My apologies if collaborating outside of a Skyrim project is not allowed.