Change Race with preserved stats

kzreffi

kzreffi

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts
Very useful!
This will become mandatory when debug for me.
Nice work! :)

PasserThru

PasserThru

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
Does this maintain your appearance as well? I hope so.

AbraxasMorte88

AbraxasMorte88

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
This is actually one of the more useful tools I've encountered on the Nexus. I'm constantly wanting to change my race without starting a new game or losing perks, so thanks for this! Aside from the character previews not generating, it's absolutely perfect! FULLY ENDORSED!!

@PasserThru:

This mod will not maintain the character's appearance. When you change your race, the character's appearance resets to whichever race is selected's default preset. The only issue here is when you use this mod, the character preview does not work (e.g. you cannot see what the character looks like), which I stated above. I'm assuming it's due to scripting limitations because a similar mod I used on the "Fallout" games did the same thing. HOWEVER, there three workarounds that I personally know of. You can activate this mod while in the Ragged Flagon to select your race, then use the Face Sculptor (granted you have Dawnguard installed) and set your appearance that way. Or you can download one or both of two other mods: "Caranthir's Tower," which has a built in appearance changer or "Facesculpting In A Book," which is self-explanatory. I wouldn't recommend using the "showracemenu" command simply because even changing appearance can reset skills/perks, at least I've personally had that happen on occasion. Hopefully that information is helpful to you and/or anyone else interested in this mod.

serafym71

serafym71

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
In response to post #7696767.

My english is not good enough. Do you mean you cant see your character while in RaceSexMenu?
I dont know why could it be.
If you use SKSElauncher (which is required) you have normal RaceSexMenu, Like in Helgen.

AbraxasMorte88

AbraxasMorte88

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
In response to post #7696767. #7698922 is also a reply to the same post.

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. I'm not saying it doesn't work AT ALL, it's just the character cannot be seen, at least not for ME. And, yes, I am using SKSE. Like I said, I'm not sure as to why it does that, however it's not a huge problem. If others have that same issue, then they can use the "fixes" I listed. And if they don't have it, then that's all good for them then :) I STILL think that this is superb work regardless :)

ponyboy10

ponyboy10

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

neat.  this could be a good way to try out custom races, right?  

serafym71

serafym71

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
In response to post #7701140.

Yes. Its most convinient way to try some new race without any loss ^)

AbraxasMorte88

AbraxasMorte88

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
In response to post #7696767. #7698922, #7701100 are all replies on the same post.

Well, that issue I was having seems to have been corrected somehow. How eerie, seeing as I haven't added or removed any mods since this one. But anywho, that advice still stands just in case.

Spphy

Spphy

The Dane of Rant

• Premium Member
  • 554 posts
Sorry I might be a bit of a tired dumass who needs to sleep but what is RaceSexMenu and how do I.. Use this mod? :D I would appriciate some help

Page loaded in: 0.967 seconds