How to Edit Pre-Existing Scripts?

StayFrosty05

Hello....I am using a Mod in which I would like to make some small changes to a few of it's Scripts for personal game use....I have the Modders permission...I have been staring blankly at the CK, tried a few things, wrecked the Mod....:(....had to re-download it....And have since been hunting for Tutorials on how to load the Mod into the CK, access the scripts I need to access, make these changes to the Scripts ....I know what to change and what to type in it's place to create the change....it's the getting to that point that I am having trouble with. And then use the altered Mod in game.

Are there any simple Tutorials anyone knows of out there?....I have been hunting CK Tutorials, but have been unable to find anything answering or guiding through toe 'how to' my above question...I am looking for a simple, easy to follow walk through please? I really have no idea what I am doing when it comes to computers...:(

You'll need the corresponding .psc source files either from the bsa in scripts/source or the loose files. If you do not have the .psc source files and only the finished .pex files, there isn't anything you can do. If you have the .psc files, once you make any changes just go to Gameplay and compile papyrus scripts to turn them into a .pex file.

myztikrice....they are a psc script's I would like to alter...a number of people have made similar changes in the Mod successfully...the Modder encourages people to custom it in the CK for their own games....The problem is I don't seem to be able to get to these psc scripts I know are there....I found the files their in, but that's as far I seem top be able to get.

• 7 years later...

Hello, I also have problems, I am editing an MCM and I get several errors as AddemptyOption function does not exist, do I have to download a library or something like that?

Could have started a new thread instead of bumping one up from seven years ago...

Working with MCM scripts requires use of the SkyUI SDK which can be found here: https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki