Nexus Mod Manager download servers extremely slow?

So my internet speeds are 7616 down/864 up. I can download everything else around those speeds (600-700 kbp/s), but whenever I'm downloading a modification from Skyrim Nexus, I barely get 30-40 kbp/s. I've tried waiting til mid day, thinking my bandwidth is being hogged somehow, yet no success. Any suggestions? I live on the West Coast, and so it is choosing the closest servers to me. Screenshot provided below.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got the same problem with many of the servers. I tried downloading in germany from the UK-, Netherlands- and some USA-Servers seem to be very slow.

When I try to download manually it does not Work and the Error message about download speed appears.

Edited by noobfers

Well now this problem seems to be gone. I just tried it again with the same file and now I have 500 kb/s again... I cant find this error message again in my Browser History. It meant that the server is messed up with the file or something like this.

Have you tried changing your download location preferences?

They're changed to West coast file servers, I live in the California area. It was downloading at only about 45 kbp/s, but now the problem seems to be gone. I'm downloading at 450 kbp/s now. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to beat a dead horse but I just got here. XD

I'm having a pretty bad issue with downloads using the NMM. Rarely do they go above 12kps, and even if they do (like Apachii hair at 128kps) they almost always stop and I have to start them again. I'm not downloading anything else, my internet otherwise works fine and changing my download location does nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

Crap, I have the same problem downloading at speeds of 27k. I have a great pc and also have great internet speeds and low ping on servers. Don't know what the issue is even after reading the above posts. I suppose I will figure it out as well. Thanks for listening to my banter.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...