[Help]Dual Sheath Redux

splurkey

I am having a problem with this mod, I used Nexus Mod Manager to install this mod. After that i opened the "Data/SkyProc Patchers/Dual Sheath Redux/Dual Sheath Redux.jar" then clicked Patch.

I received this error in-game:

Dual Sheath Redux
Patch Not Detected
Please run the SkyProc patcher and activate the generated esp file.

I guess this means open the Dual Sheath Redux.jar, but i already did.
Maybe a mod conflict or something? These are the list of my mods installed.

+ Animation
> XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS -back hip Dagger
> YY Anim Replacer - Mystic Knight

+ Armour
> Alduins Wings - Alduins Wings Main

+ Bug Fixes
> ShowRaceMenu Alternative - Latest Version

+ Hair and Face Models
> ApachiiSkyHair - ApachiiHelmetWigs_v_1_0
> ApachiiSkyHair - ApachiiSkyHair_v_1_5_Full
> Extended Slider Colors

+Immersion
> Dual Sheath Redux
> Even Better Quest Objectives
> Realistic Body System - RBS SkyProc Patchers

+Unassigned
> Data (Note: This is for SKSE)

+ User Interfaces
> A Quality World Map
> Immersive HUD - iHUD v2_3
> KenMOD - Time on Loading Screen v4a
> SkyUI

If you know how to fix this, then i would be very grateful.
-Thanks in Advance :cool:

Edited by boszACID

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I opened Dual Sheath Redux.jar file and patched.
I also checked the Nexus Mod Manager for Dual Sheath Redux.esp and it was activated (Checked).

I come up in many ideas, which is run Dual Sheath Redux.jar from Data folder of Skyrim.
Or run Dual Sheath Redux.jar from the one i extracted from .rar file.

- I tried both and still doesn't work, After all the patching i found Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp. I enabled and disabled it to check if the Dual Sheath Redux mod is fixed, But still, now working :(

Any Ideas?

I have the same exact issue, but with Mod Organizer.

Running it through NMM worked fine. I think it would have something to do with the java script. With NMM I ran it on x64. MO only supports x86 version of java.

Anyway, if anyone knows a solution to this glith it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Claudelul

I just found it (at least for MO). It was posted on Neovalen`s mod description page (lol).

It goes like this (at least for MO):

I use Mod Organizer, how do I run the patcher?! Help me please!

• Go to the data tab (middle column on the right side) and expand SkyProc Patchers towards the bottom. Expand the tree then right click on the .jar file (you may have to expand the file name column width to see the extension) to add it as an executable. Then go up the start menu and select your new executable (Dual Sheath Redux Patch) and hit Run.

if you aren't using anything but winrar and nexus mod manager
here is a step by step guide

1.make sure your java is up to date
2.follow the instructions as written on the mod page

• activate the mod as normal
  • extra step: go to game's folder C:/Program Files(x86) /steam/steamapps/common/skyrim
    (this was not specified and I assume people are going into the mod's .rar
  • Skyrim is a program and you need to change the permission settings (windows 7 is bad about permissions with installed program files) to edit just right-click, properties,security,advanced, change permission (do this for Administrators and your User/____), check the tab full control, apply, ok, etc. etc. this should make sure you are not going to have permission issues
  • now in the Skyrim folder go to Data/SkyProc Patchers inside is a folder called Dual Sheath Redux inside that use the Dual Sheath Redux Patch executable jar file WITH JAVA, if .jar is not already associated just right-click,properties, opens with . . ., change and select Java,
    (if you don't see it in this new window click browse and search for Java)

• run the patcher and it should finally produce that new dual sheath redux patch .ESP in the Data folder of Skyrim not the SkyProc folder so back out into Skyrim/Data
  • archive this new .esp file with winrar and install it as a mod through nexus

3. that is all there is too it so enjoy! Every time you change weapon and armor mods you will need to go back to your Skyrim Folder and run the .jar replacing your .esp with the new one (repeat my last three bullet points)

p.s. my first post on nexus forum I'm sorry if I didn't clean up the formatting enough for easy reading. (I'm not very comfortable with posting on forums)

Edited by DracoApis

if you aren't using anything but winrar and nexus mod manager

here is a step by step guide

1.make sure your java is up to date

2.follow the instructions as written on the mod page

• activate the mod as normal
  • extra step: go to game's folder C:/Program Files(x86) /steam/steamapps/common/skyrim

(this was not specified and I assume people are going into the mod's .rar

• Skyrim is a program and you need to change the permission settings (windows 7 is bad about permissions with installed program files) to edit just right-click, properties,security,advanced, change permission (do this for Administrators and your User/____), check the tab full control, apply, ok, etc. etc. this should make sure you are not going to have permission issues
  • now in the Skyrim folder go to Data/SkyProc Patchers inside is a folder called Dual Sheath Redux inside that use the Dual Sheath Redux Patch executable jar file WITH JAVA, if .jar is not already associated just right-click,properties, opens with . . ., change and select Java,

• run the patcher and it should finally produce that new dual sheath redux patch .ESP in the Data folder of Skyrim not the SkyProc folder so back out into Skyrim/Data

• archive this new .esp file with winrar and install it as a mod through nexus

3. that is all there is too it so enjoy! Every time you change weapon and armor mods you will need to go back to your Skyrim Folder and run the .jar replacing your .esp with the new one (repeat my last three bullet points)

p.s. my first post on nexus forum I'm sorry if I didn't clean up the formatting enough for easy reading. (I'm not very comfortable with posting on forums)

Worked like a charm! THANKS A MILLION!

Just couple of things, when I opened .jar with JAVA and click "patch" a little problem occurred, said that I need to get Dual Sheath Redux to my loader list. For those who don't know what to do here, just go to your C Drive --> Users --> *your user name* then add the following text like you see in the image below (text: appdata):

http://s7.postimg.org/670dl3ivv/dualsheath.png

Pay attention, this one refers to this part of DracoApis's guide: "now in the Skyrim folder go to Data/SkyProc Patchers inside is a folder called Dual Sheath Redux inside that use the Dual Sheath Redux Patch executable jar file WITH JAVA, if .jar is not already associated just right-click,properties, opens with . . ., change and select Java,
".

After that, follow his steps.

Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"archive this new .esp file with winrar and install it as a mod through nexus"

how exactly do I "archive" a file and what does that mean?

If I wanted to install it through NMM what folder would I stick it in? does it just show up when I run NMM and allow me to enable/disable it?

Do I have to de-activate the main dual sheath esp when I activate that one?