• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you aren't using anything but winrar and nexus mod manager

here is a step by step guide

1.make sure your java is up to date

2.follow the instructions as written on the mod page

• activate the mod as normal
  • extra step: go to game's folder C:/Program Files(x86) /steam/steamapps/common/skyrim

(this was not specified and I assume people are going into the mod's .rar

• Skyrim is a program and you need to change the permission settings (windows 7 is bad about permissions with installed program files) to edit just right-click, properties,security,advanced, change permission (do this for Administrators and your User/____), check the tab full control, apply, ok, etc. etc. this should make sure you are not going to have permission issues
  • now in the Skyrim folder go to Data/SkyProc Patchers inside is a folder called Dual Sheath Redux inside that use the Dual Sheath Redux Patch executable jar file WITH JAVA, if .jar is not already associated just right-click,properties, opens with . . ., change and select Java,

(if you don't see it in this new window click browse and search for Java)

• run the patcher and it should finally produce that new dual sheath redux patch .ESP in the Data folder of Skyrim not the SkyProc folder so back out into Skyrim/Data

• archive this new .esp file with winrar and install it as a mod through nexus

3. that is all there is too it so enjoy! Every time you change weapon and armor mods you will need to go back to your Skyrim Folder and run the .jar replacing your .esp with the new one (repeat my last three bullet points)

p.s. my first post on nexus forum I'm sorry if I didn't clean up the formatting enough for easy reading. (I'm not very comfortable with posting on forums)

I just don't understand wich programm you're talking about :/ you just give a directory path... so... what?

It's ok i just did it with the whole directory of my skyrim game ^^'

Wtf to install this... already knowing C's FPGA's Assembling's languages when i'll done mod my game i'll be a moder myself... (without talking about graphicals lacks x))

Totorials on tutorials on tutorials on... @_@ like 2 weeks of intense modding atm, I think when i'll be done i'll hate my game xD.

Edit: I did it (yeeees.) but now i get CDT at begining of the game, when i left the... "car" I hope uninstall will fix.

Edit: Unistall done... Still crashing from everywhere, telling me my clean save rely on unexisting content, wtf?

Edit: SUM's fault. I unistalled SUM and everything seems alright i didn't get any CDT in my new game, i'll check if it still works if i reinstall DUAL_stuff patches... no... once i finish the dragon's attack it CDT again... It's random happy happy crash crash !

Even disabling all mods some keep remaining as swords on back or kinda... I think my game is 100% breaked down, btw im using near 100 mods :/ (94)

Shall i Reinstall and Remod everything or anyone know about my problem? Btw this one is beta moding game so not a great lost... i already saved all important mods i've found since i began i planed to have to reinstall, i did not expect my game to support that much mods :/ but if i can keep beta moding on this one i would be happy, btw I just installed some majors mods as cities expantions, NPC add mod, run sprint and jump, and everything went alright, idk why this did such a pain, anyone else get any unresolvable major CDT?

Edited by selacstar

• 5 months later...

I need a bit of help, i installed the mod as instructed and for some reason my character's sheath is still on his side. He does the animation to put his swords on his back, but it just goes to his sheath at his side. I do have everything installed apart from BOSS because i heard it was no longer necessary. The swords that i use are also from a mod i installed.

JAVA FAILING Solved (Steam Users)

After battling with this mod for hours, I finally figured it out.

If your Java is failing when trying to execute the .jar, use this fix. You have to follow it exactly.

Find your Windows Command Prompt, Right Click and "Run as Administrator" This will allow java to run unrestricted.

Copy and Paste the Following Text (You will have to Right Click in the Command Prompt to Paste "Ctrl+V" won't work)

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch

-Press Enter-

This is going to change your current Directory.

Copy and Paste the Following Text Exactly

java -jar "Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar"

-Press Enter-

This should execute the file. Patch away.

If you receive any errors of specific files regarding activation, even though they are already activated, move them to the top of your load order below the ESMs. You may have to repeat the steps above until it finally completes its patch.

Its a pain of a fix, but it takes about 10-mins and will save you hours of anger.

If its telling you access is denied that usually means you don't own the file or don't have permissions to it which is why is telling you to contact the author, the owner. you can check by right clicking the file and going to its properties and then the security tab you should also be able to change the permissions from there, but if your no longer getting the patcher not found error and its just not working then it has to be missing the java runtime environment, but if your weapon is under your feet then its the skeleton.

"archive this new .esp file with winrar and install it as a mod through nexus"

how exactly do I "archive" a file and what does that mean?

If I wanted to install it through NMM what folder would I stick it in? does it just show up when I run NMM and allow me to enable/disable it?

Do I have to de-activate the main dual sheath esp when I activate that one?

Did anyone answer this guy's question? I have the same question. What's more, even if I try to "add Mod from File" through NMM, .esp for some reason is not a viable option. Even if I set it to show all files and click on Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp anyways the operation is incomplete and says it can't be added.

Also: I can't archive using winrar because I run windows 8. I have 8zip instead which doesn't have such an option.

I need a bit of help, i installed the mod as instructed and for some reason my character's sheath is still on his side. He does the animation to put his swords on his back, but it just goes to his sheath at his side. I do have everything installed apart from BOSS because i heard it was no longer necessary. The swords that i use are also from a mod i installed.

Sounds like you have the wrong mesh or either your swords from the other mod isn't supported, have you used any vanilla swords to see if they go on your back?

"archive this new .esp file with winrar and install it as a mod through nexus"

how exactly do I "archive" a file and what does that mean?

If I wanted to install it through NMM what folder would I stick it in? does it just show up when I run NMM and allow me to enable/disable it?

Do I have to de-activate the main dual sheath esp when I activate that one?

Did anyone answer this guy's question? I have the same question. What's more, even if I try to "add Mod from File" through NMM, .esp for some reason is not a viable option. Even if I set it to show all files and click on Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp anyways the operation is incomplete and says it can't be added.

Also: I can't archive using winrar because I run windows 8. I have 8zip instead which doesn't have such an option.

I cant really help with NMM because i do everything manually, but when you archive a file its just compressing it in a zipped folder, he said use winrar because thats what most people use but 7zip and 8zip and other zip type programs do the same, if you have 8zip you just right click the file and in the mouse menu somewhere it should say 8-zip with an arrow with options to archive the file.

I cant really help with NMM because i do everything manually, but when you archive a file its just compressing it in a zipped folder, he said use winrar because thats what most people use but 7zip and 8zip and other zip type programs do the same, if you have 8zip you just right click the file and in the mouse menu somewhere it should say 8-zip with an arrow with options to archive the file.

It has an option to "send to > compressed (zipped) folder" which worked just as well. Thanks whawahhh! :)