[Help]Dual Sheath Redux

splurkey

when i downloaded this mod it was working fine, but the animation to unsheathe weapons happened twice. So i put it down to this and equipping overhaul not working together. I deleted this from the load order and loaded up the game but it said "this save relies on content that is no longer available. some objects may no longer be available. Continue loading?" if i click yes it freezes is there anything i can do.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go into your skyrim/data folder there will be a patch file, right click and click on add to archive (I found the new patch made is roughly 2000KB depending on your mods, I myself am running 125 mods)

for instance I have 2 HDDs in my ASUS G53-SW-FHD so my directory is:

D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data

inside will be the new patch file (mine is 2000KB but I have 125 mods running) right click on the newest one and click on add to archive

then in NEXUS click add mod from file, go to the above folder and select your archive you just made

and presto you have the patch ready to go

Edited by LTNIGHTSTALKER

ok so ive got it all installed and patched (including XP32 skeleton mod) but my character still doesn't have swords on their back, could this be because im using a custom race? (ygnord from Enhanced Character Edit?)

:geek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had trouble with the patcher telling me:

The application couldn't open the save file output stream. Your settings were not saved.

I tried elevating user permissions for TESV.exe as suggested but it did not solve the problem.

I was able to get the patcher to work by running Java as an administrator:

1. Open C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin (Your version may be different)
  2. Right-click on javaw.exe and select Properties
  3. Under the Compatibility tab, tick the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox.
  4. Click Okay
  5. Right click the Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar, Select Open with... and Choose default program... (do NOT select Java even if it is under Open with...)*
  6. Click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin. Select javaw.exe (NOT java.exe)
  7. Click Yes on the User Account Control window.
  8. Click Patch, you should get no error messages if everything went okay.
  9. Enable Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

*This is mainly a problem if .jar was associated with another program such as 7zip for minecraft mods.

Edited by dako64

• 3 weeks later...

Using dual sheath redux and spears by soolie when i put the spear on my back my left hand weapon appears on the floor but this only happens with the spears any other weapons are fine does anyone no how to fix it i guessing its a skeleton issue as i have had it before when installing dual sheath redux

Edited by CMSTORMTROOPER20

• 1 month later...

windows can't find C:/Program Files(86)/Steam/steamapps/common/skyrim check the spelling and try again.

can anyone please explain to me why apparently the sole file I need is apparently non-existent on my computer?

Dual Sheath Redux Patch is covered in a video I've embedded in my stability guide.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2766209-how-to-fix-skyrim-ctds-hangs-and-memory-issues-wip/

You should have two separate ESP files

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

Dual Sheath Redux Patcher.esp

Load order definitely matters.

You will also have a SkyProc patcher folder that needs to be included in your Data directory as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I SOLVED this problem, at least for my pc. I had been recieving a message every time about initializing ( or somethign to that effect) an .esp file for skyproc, even though it had already been checked in both NMM and Skyrim Data Files. Anyway to the FIX: For me, it was simple as this.... load order.

I was running Frostfall by Chesko, and had it set before DSR( Dual Sheath Redux).

First, load ANY weapons, body skelly mods, weapons position mods, or anything of that nature BEFORE DSR esp's.

Then Load DualSheathRedux.esp

then DualSheathReduxPatch.esp

I later noticed It even says to do this in the DSR description.

I hope this helps, if not, please do not be rude, as i am only telling you what worked for me.

• 1 month later...