Pay myself gold?

Tehandyman

Sometimes, for roleplaying purposes, I like to do odd jobs around towns and villages such as working the lumber mills or pushing the grain mills or just being a guard and patrolling around.

So I would like to have a scripted way to pay myself money. What I mean by that is perhaps make a hotkey that I press and it automatically pays me like 10 gold (it'll work like someone just gave me 10 gold and the notification would appear as well as the gold *kaching* sound)

This is just to help immersion like I want to allow my character to make a living but it breaks immersion to go into the console and type "player.additem f 10"

So it would be a lot cleaner to just press a hotkey and boom, I get 10 gold.

Also the money amount is honestly arbitrary but 5 or 10 gold would be preferred.

It doesn't seem like a hard mod to make if you know anything about scripting (which i don't) and its also very dynamic as it can be used for so many purposes and not specifically for a certain action.

I could take the request if you allow me to put some more features, I was thinking instead of having something that simple to also add:

Random amount of money ranging from 1 gold to 10 in poor towns and from 1 to 30 in rich towns.
A timer so you can't spam the button, say... like being able to do every 30 in-game minutes? or more, you suggest.
Random texts, not just a single one (to add variety)

Also it'd be useful if you specify which button you would like to use, or if you'd rather have a shout or spell instead.

awesome man thanks!! I like that its a random chance which adds to immersion in my opinion. And I like that it only works once every 1hr 30 minutes in game so no exploiting it.

But I'll be pissed if i work my butt off at a lumber mill only to get 1 gold lol. But I understand that 1 gold works better if I was rping a beggar or something so i understand.

Edited by Tehandyman

Interesting. You could also just increase the chance of NPC gift after the player does events around town and make a highly likely NPC gift be gold. Then you could build up a reputation in a town and the townspeople would reward you. You could build this up to be a pretty impressive, immersive, and handy mod, I don't think it'd be all that much work...

-Mator

@Tehandyman: I can fix that so that when you work at the lumber you'll get more than 1 gold, but i'd like to know how much should it range (from 5 to 10, for instance?)

@Matortheeternal: I can do that but being a request-mod tehandyman should like the idea first, if he does I can include that in the next update

actually I've used the mod for a few hours now and I was wondering if you could just make a version where the lowest coin chance is 5 gold? I don't use it to beg on the streets so 1 gold doesn't really make sense in my situation. I just use the mod to act as a payment for when I do odd jobs. 5 gold would be perfect. Thanks so much, appreciate all the help.

Okay, if you got more suggestions you'd like to see don't worry asking =) as far as they don't go beyond my abilities I'd be more than glad to help.

-Edit-
Done, you should see the version 1.00b up now.
Added a little extra feature, you may also get Thanks letter sometimes.

Edited by Xilante