BLOG PIECE: supporting modding in totality

Dark0ne

If this is done well....

How many times have I said that about the Nexus, and seen it executed wonderfully. I've seen other sites run by much larger corporations and cluttered with ads that run 1/3 as well as this site, with less functionality. Yeah, the Nexus has bugs, but man, the experience here is so much less cluttered, more functional, less bugged, less money hungry, and more service focused than any other mod site I know. I'll happily move mods I have for non-Nexus games onto the Nexus once we have a general mod forum!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7814481. #7814649 is also a reply to the same post.

This is a change I was hoping for for some time. A centralized reference site where I can get mods without having to visit a half dozen sites to see what's up. It's a real pain. If mods from elsewhere can come together under this community I believe it will create "a whole greater than the sum of the parts" where more mods of broader scope and variety will be made.

With that in mind, a question. Taking into account your thoughts here Nexus development and expansion philosophy regarding a games inclusion to this network. Is your policy unchanged in this matter?

Robin, this is an excellent plan for the site and for modding in general. It's exciting.

I hope part of the plan will be about increasing your content moderation staff. I imagine that you're already spread a bit thin there (for example given that id 34322 is still available). Depending on how and to what corners of the net word spreads, you could have content issues sooner or later, possibly big bandwidth-impinging ones. (I'm thinking back on several years' worth of archive.org's user-placed content as an example.)

I definitely agree with this idea, thank you Dark0ne for showing it in this detail today!

I look forward to seeing the network grow and become even better :D