All bows suddenly do negative damage?

MightionNY

Title pretty much says it all - tonight, I noticed that ALL my bows, even the ones I have on display in my house, have negative damage values. For example, my Auriel's bow shows -55 instead of the previous 918. I can't upgrade the bow any more, even with my crafting suit and potion, cause my skill can't make it go any higher.

I tried removing the last two mods I added recently - Scaling Destruction and a boost destruction damage enchantment mod I made for myself, but no effect. Even with these mods running, I have a previous saved game from two days ago where the bows are still working. I use one Archery enchant that boosts it 58 percent, nothing crazy. My Archery is at 100, and is NOT legendary.

Here's what else I've tried:

1. Making Archery Legendary. Didn't fix it.

2. Tried doing player.modav marksman -1 followed by 1.

3. Unequipall caused my Auriel's bow to go into -390 to -400 range - can't tell for sure since the Damage field doesn't expect a negative three digit number.

4. resetinventory didn't fix it.

5. "resurrect 1" seemed to work - it got the damage value to be positive again, but in the 260 range, and when I did f5 then f9 (quicksave then quickload); the damages were negative again.

Anyone run across this? I don't have any mods that modify archery.

• 2 years later...

Chances are you have a mod that has changed the values and is conflicting with another mod in your load order.

It happened to me when I was running the mod "SkyDie"

Like vram1974 said is load order issue. You have two or more mods that conflicts between

You should try to use TESVEdit and see if you have red records.

It's a pain I know but it's the only way. Load you load order and see the mods that conflicts.

Good Luck.