Time for ideas on TES VI

daventry

New on the List :wink:

Whats a Perk Point

Automatic Perk Uploading

Leveling Up and getting Perk Points are Boring and Frustrating in Skyrim, hence you've Finished the Gam,e where your Skills are 100% with Barely enough Perk Points to fill a tree.

Solution, Automatic Perks filling the Tree you Trained upon.

Hence all you do at Level Up, is Choose (Magicka Health Stamina) without a perk point.

Oh, I get it: you hate RPGs.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, where in the world are you pulling that idea off that i Hate RPG Games. What ?????

Do you know how Frustratingly Boring it is to get Perk Points to fill up a Perk Tree, i have finished Skyrim like 50 or more times over, with 2 of my Skill Trees Full of Perks, plus i go plow about 800 Dragons for Souls to Perk Points that isent even enough.

Not even Mods that gives me Perk Points is enough, hence the Solution to Automatically give me Perks to Skills without me worrying about it. Now i can Finally for the first time Relax and play my Game.

Edited by daventry

the skyrim mechanics are pretty good and smooth , with some tweals herre and there i don't mind seeing them again in TES VI

only thing i do not really want is predetermined classes

with some tweaks here and there and some standing stones like in skyrim you should be able to make your own classes

predetermined classes only limits the options the character has and limits the character freedom

in skyrim it is possible to be any class you want or how you want to call it with numerous variations

that is my main idea about TESVI

Sadly i can not post on the bethesda forums anymore since i got perma banned for speaking out against and telling them fanboys how i feel about ESO ( didn't stop me getting into the beta tho, )

Huh, where in the world are you pulling that idea off that i Hate RPG Games. What ?????

Do you know how Frustratingly Boring it is to get Perk Points to fill up a Perk Tree, i have finished Skyrim like 50 or more times over, with 2 of my Skill Trees Full of Perks, plus i go plow about 800 Dragons for Souls to Perk Points that isent even enough.

Not even Mods that gives me Perk Points is enough, hence the Solution to Automatically give me Perks to Skills without me worrying about it. Now i can Finally for the first time Relax and play my Game.

Thats kind of the whole point though. The perk points are limited (unless you use the Legendary Skills) requiring you to think about how you want to invest them. That is what makes characters unique, and while i think Bethesda did a horrible job balancing the perk-trees, i agree with their decision regarding perks. You should have to actively PICK "Paralyzing Strike" rather than just having it be part of leveling that skill.

If you found the Perks frustrating and boring, you clearly missed the point of them.

That said... It wouldn't be bad if they had an 'Auto-level' system. You 'pick a class' and the game assigns you perks based on that choice. For those who don't want to do it the *ahem* proper way.

Edited by Lachdonin

1 NO predetermined classes

2 a expanded and tweaked perk system with more class oriented choices and synergies

3 Enchanched AI combat sustem is fine and some mods have shown that it is relative simple to give the AI a good boost in difficulty without setting the difficulty level to master or legendarr which result in some riddicelous results

like getting your lvl60 hero instant killed by a nove wizard using a spark spell

4more complete questlines

i prefer less quest lines aslong these stories are much longer and more immersive than they are in skyrim

a example is the companion quests , just to short and simple so much more could have done with it

5 more material available for the modding community; including unused voices , scriots and other materiak that doesn't make it into the game

considering the continuing limitations of consoles over pc s i predick a modding heaven for the next tes game

Edited by kleinstaff

You wrote a lot dude,

Most seem to be preferences that you got from other mods. From there, most of what you wrote are very novelty and not necessarily important to the game as a whole. I would not mind getting pregnant and watching my children growing up (in game of course ;D), but would I have those over core mechanics that expands the game as a whole? F*K no

I also cannot agree to have classes in this type of game especially with the level of character content and kind of freedom this game gives you, it's actually the reason why ES one of my favorite RPG series, I have an actual choice to play the way I want to, a choice that cannot be limited by some stereotypical character development that I am forced to play similar styles. I can do whatever I want to solve a problem and that why I love this series

On my side, I wish there was more of a random element to it. Not loot or things like that, I meant enemy types, random dungeons, things that will keep me on my feet with brand new challenges every time I play. I get bored by knowing exactly whats gonna happen. Life isn't like that, with life things just happen whether you want it to or not.Knowing enemy locations, knowing where to get a specific item, knowing knowing knowing equals boring boring boring! Not knowing what up ahead then devising solutions when encountering the new experience is always fun.

I would also like the see the implementation of enemy templates, making several different enemy types beyond basic 3 main class types (melee, ranged, and magic)

• 2 weeks later...

You wrote a lot dude,

A lot, eh? Hah! I've waited until the thread change-over on the Bethesda forums to reformat this, but here's the essay i've been working on. I already have this on the Bethesda forums, but i'll post it here to increase the critique i can get. Everything here has been based off what i've seen in other games, meaning we already have proof that it's possible. I'm not trying to come up with some weird new dynamics which are totally next-gen, i'm basing it entirely on what we can do NOW, only by combining elements from a myriad of titles and genres.

Anything marked with *Hardcore* is a feature which should either be linked to a Hardcore setting, or should be able to be deactivated from the Interface menu.
Within each category is a basic explanation of my philosophy of the sub-categories, along with a more concrete base of ideas for those interested.
1; Skills, Attributes, Races etc.
Skills, attributes, racial differences, leveling etc. These are the lifeblood of any RPG, and are where the majority of the complexity and options come into play. They should allow you to shape your character through your choices and actions, but should also allow you to give your character a past. It should encourage freedom of choice and identity without limiting your options.
These characteristics need to be varied enough to allow for several different approaches, but simple enough to understand easily. Ideally, you would have a system which is easy to get into, but becomes more and more rewarding the more comprehension you have, ensuring an enjoyable experience for new people and old hands alike.

1.1; Attributes
I like attributes, though the old model was unnecessarily detached and a total mess for immersion purposes. It also made no logical sense. I think Attributes should return, but in a more natural manner totally separate from leveling. At the same time, they should have a two-way relationship with skills, affecting pertinent skills and being affected by the use of those skills.
Your attributes should also affect how you can interact with the world, and how you preform in challenges and competitions. A higher strength would benefit someone who typically brawls for coin, while a higher intelligence may benefit someone who plays games of skill.

7 Attributes, leveling independently of PC level or skill level (0-100)
Strength
Combat; Fighting with any weapon, blocking, using Recurve Bows
Challenges; Moving objects (rocks, debris etc), Wrestling games
Work; Cutting wood, tilling fields, working forges, mining
Endurance
Consuming stamina by all means
Challenges; Holding breath, racing, drinking games
Agility
Dodging and parrying attacks
Sprinting, sneaking and climbing
Charisma
Buying and selling
Challenges; Story telling (bragging), playing music
Persuasion and bartering
Intelegence
Reading books and mixing potions
Challenges; Games (cards, chess etc.), finding secret areas and solving puzzles
Spellwork; all spell crafting and casting
Willpower
Consuming Magicka
Receiving spell damage
Luck
Finding collectibles and certain missions
Skills impact all associated skills based on level
Novice; 0-10
Skill efficiency 50%
Apprentice; 11-20
Skill efficiency 75%
Journeyman; 20-50
Skill efficiency 100%
Expert; 50-99
Skill efficiency 125%
Master; 100
Skill efficiency 150%
*Hardcore* Dynamic Attributes
Changes can be dynamic (to everything but Luck) so a lack of practice can cause Attributes to decrease over time. If you engage in strictly intelectual persuits for weeks or months at a time, expect to see your physical capabilities diminish from dis-use.

1.2; Skills
Skills are the main base of a TES game. As per usual, using a skill, through engaging in a related activity, progresses the skill. Enough progression levels it up, contributing to your overall level and increasing your capabilities in that skill, while unlocking new perks.
I liked how Skills worked in Skyrim, though some of the categories seemed limited. I wouldn't so much encourage a change in the dynamic of the skills, but rather in the skills themselves.

21 Skills in 3 Paradigms, each with an assciating attribute. In cases where there are two attributes, the highest level is the one which confers an effect
Combat
1-hand Weapon - Determines your skill with all single-handed weapons
Strength
2-hand Weapon - Determines your skill with all two-handed weapons
Strength
Hand-to-hand - Determines your skill with unarmed strikes and parries
Strength / Agility
Block - Determines your skill while blocking with a shield, including Stagger Recovery
Strength
Heavy Armour - Determines your skill when moving and fighting in heavy armuor
Endurance
Craftsmanship - Determines your skill at crafting and maintaining weapons and armour, and your
Strength
Survival - Determines your skill at general matters of mundane existence, from healing to camping and preparing food
Endurance
Magicka
Conjuration - Determines your skill at summoning and controlling Daedra, and at harnessing and capturing spirits
Intelligence/Willpower
Destruction - Determines your skill at manipulating elemental forces and causing magical damage in all its forms
Intelligence
Alteration - Determines your skill at manipulating the world through magical alteration, including weapon augments
Intelligence
Illusion - Determines your skill at influencing the minds of others and manipulating perceptions
Willpower/Charisma
Restoration - Determines your skill at the magical healing of wounds, protection spells and empowering allies
Willpower
Enchanting - Determines your skill at imbuing physical objects with magical properties, and maintaining magical workings
Intelligence
Unarmoured - Determines your skill when moving and fighting without armour.
Agility
Stealth
Marksman - Determines your skill with all ranged weapons
Agility
Light Armour - Determines your skill when moving and fighting in light armour
Agility
Sneak - Determines your skill at remaining undetected, and the damage you do while undetected
Agility
Thievery - Determines your skill at picking locks, stealing objects and picking pockets
Agility
Alchemy - Determines your skill when mixing potions and poisons, and the potency therein
Intelligence
Speechcraft - Determines your skill when dealing with others, the prices at shops and how much people like you
Charisma
Athletics - Determines your skill at athletic pursuits, such as climbing, running and jumping, as well as your base speed.
Endurance
As with Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim; all these skills level as you use them. When they level, they grant exp which contributes to your Character Level. As with Skyrim, the higher level the skill, the more exp it offers when it levels. Each skill is also linked to one or more attributes, and their use influences the progression and maintenance of that attribute.
Skill Milestones
Novice; 0-15
Apprentice; 16-30
Journeyman; 31-60
Expert; 61-99
Master; 100-*199
*Legendary; 200-299
*Mythic; 299-300
Once a skill reaches 100, it can be 'Prestiged' to allow for progression to continue. All perks are kept, but the skill level becomes 1 with a 'Master' notation. Once another 100 levels have been reached, it may be reset again to become 'Legend', and after a further 100 levels may become 'Mythic'. Prestiging may continue beyond Mythic, though exp contribution ceases to increase and all gains remain constant thereafter.

1.3; Races
The races of Tamriel are varied and at the same time, similar. Each has particular characteristics attributed to their birth, though they are not strictly limited in their skills and comprehension solely by race.
I feel that race should have a large and minimal impact, as the player chooses. If you want to build your character on the racial and cultural background of your race, you should be free to do so, but at the same time if you wish to keep a racial aesthetic but go in a different direction (an Orc Wizard, for instance, or a Bosmer Knight) you shouldn't feel pushed in a particular direction by your race.

Racial Powers and bonuses
Each race should have 2 'Major skills' which progress 20% faster, and 3 'Minor skills' which progress 10% faster. They should also have a single Attribute which starts at 10 points above base, and a second which starts at 5 points above base, to highlight the 'norm' for that race. In addition, they should have a single Racial Trait, and a single Racial Power.
Ex;
Altmer
+10 Intelligence +5 Willpower
+20% Enchanting & Alteration +10% Alchemy, Conjuration, Light Armour
+10% Magicka Pool
Blood of Aldmeris - Increases Magicka Regeneration for a set time
Nord
+10 Strength +5 Endurance
+20% 2-Handed & Heavy Armour +10% Athletics, 1-Handed, Unarmed
+20% Frost Resistance
Tongue of Kyne - Whirlwind Sprint
Argonian
+10 Strength +5 Agility
+20% Athletics, Unarmoured +10% Hand-to-hand, Alchemy, 1-Handed
+10% poison & Disease Resistance, +10% Swim speed
Blessing of the Hist - Increases Health regeneration for a set time
Racial Perks and cultural divisions;
Beyond the basic advantages of being a particular race, players should be given the option of further developing the iconic characteristics of their race through a Perk Tree. These would allow those who wish to do so to center their character development around the particular culture and temperment of their race. At the same time, division along this tree could be created by highlighting the characteristics of the differeing cultures within a race, and culminating in a 'transformation' of the racial power
Imperial Breton
Colovian Illiac
Nibanese Highlands
Nord Redguard
Stormcloak Crown
Toryggan Forebear
Altmer Dunmer
Alinor Great House
Auridon Ashlander
Bosmer Orc/Orsimer
Camoran Orsinium
Pact-Sworn Stronghold
Argonian Khajiit
An-Xileel Aniquia
Naga
Palentine

1.4 Backgrounds
I feel the old system of Classes is well past its prime, and i am happy that Skyrim disposed of the inherently limiting system they were a part of. However, the absolute 'blank slate' model use is somehow berift of soul. Your character has no past, nothing which gives any indication that he did not simply pop out of a crack in the earth moments before being arrested.
My solution is 'Backgrounds'. These would subtlly inflence your starting skills and attributes, based on what is pertinant to the 'class', allowing for the presence of some prior life and existance, but their direct influence would stop there. They would not determine leveling in the slightest, simply poking you in a particular direction but in no way mandating that track.

All backgrounds would have the same total influence, though exactly what skills and attributes they influence would be based on the background in question.
Modifications
+10 to two (2) skills
+5 to three (3) skills
+10 to one (1) attribute
+5 to two (2) attributes
Ex
Farmer
+10 to Survival and Athletics
+5 to Speechcraft, Unarmoured and Smithing
+10 to Endurance
+5 to Strength and Agility
Mage
+10 to Conjuration and Alteration
+5 to Destruction, Illusion and Enchanting
+10 to Intelligence
+5 to Willpower and Charisma
Vagrant
+10 to Survival and Theivery
+5 to Sneak, Unarmoured and Hand-to-hand
+10 to Agility
+5 to Willpower and Endurance
The consistent modifications ensures that every character starts off with an equal leveling potential, but the differing skills, particularly when combined with racial bonuses, ensure that specialization is encouraged.

1.5 Birthsigns
I am conflicted about Birthsigns, really, and have little to say on the subject. On the one hand, i don't want to see them go, on the other, the older system was horribly unballanced...
** After reading Absinthe's comments about Advantages and Disadvantages i had an idea, and moved this whole concept down to Perks. **
1.6 Leveling
I think Skyrim had the leveling quite right, though i would like to see the contribution scaling be more dramatic. At level 20, it should require a rather serious investment in time to level by training your mostly-unused skills, encouraging those with a more fast-tracked mind to focus into a handfull of skills rather than spread the love, as it were. When you level, you get a Perk, and choose to invest in an increase in either Stamina, Health or Magicka. The degree of impact could then be affected by your Attributes, but i'm worried about abuse of that system...
The only thing i would add would be titles based on your level. These would denote your relative power in the world at large, allowing for a touch more character than simply being a number.

1-10 Novice
11-20 Adventurer
21-40 Hero
41-60 Legend
61-100 Paragon
151+ Ada

2 Items
There are some parts of Skyrim's items i like, and some i don't. In general, i feel that a wider range of items and goods is the better course, even if those items are little more than a re-texture of others. For instance, with 3 or 4 textures, you could turn Skyrim's 2 loafs of bread into 6 or 8, adding more variety to the game.
In a similar vein, i feel there is too little variety in the weapons and armour. Smithing is a highly personal and stylistic art, and it would be a rare thing for two smiths to produce the same items. As gaming technology progresses, it's becoming more and more possible to represent this notion in the game-world.

2.1 Weapons
I would like to see a modular weapon system in the next TES game, something similar to what we see in Borderlands. Using this system, each weapon would consist of 'parts' which are assembled when the weapon is spawned/created. Each 'part' would offer slightly different characteristics, allowing for thousands of different weapons and the representation of signature styles of town smiths.
With the combat i will mention later, i think we should also see a return of the variable damage characteristics. This makes different individual weapons feel more special, and makes gear progression less linear.

Each basic weapon should consist of 4 Parts.
Blade Blunt Axe
Grip Haft Haft
Guard Head Left-Head
Blade Topper Right-Head
Embellishment Embellishment Embellishment
Polearm Bow Arrow
Haft Body Fletching
Head String Shaft
Counter Embellishment Head
Embellishment Embellishment
Each part would have variations which would change the look and possibly the characteristics of the weapon.
Ex;
Grip
Standard
Reinforced - Weapon takes less durability loss when power attacking
Double - If not using a shield, weapon is weilded with 2 hands for increased damage (putting it between a 1 handed weapon of that type, and a 2handed)
Chained - Cannot be disarmed, but attack recovery is slower because weapon is awkward
Guard
Standard
Heavy - Decreases damage received from parrying
Fencers - More forgiving timing when parrying
Winged - When parrying, enemy suffers from slower attack recovery
Blade
Standard
Curved - Weapon does more damage when slashing and chopping, less when thrusting
Weighted - Weapon does more damage, but is slower
Jagged - Weapon causes bleed damage over time, but has slower attack recovery
Embellishment
Standard
Mounted Soul Gems - Weapon's enchantment capacity is increased (based on what kind of gems)
Gilded - Weapon is worth more gold (depending on quality of gilding -silver or gold- and gems)
Silver Laced - Weapon does more damage against unnatural creatures

2.2 Armour and Wearables
Armour needs to be a little more varied. Under Skyrim's system, there isn't really any reason to have seperate boots and gauntlets, because all the far more important components to a suit of armour are included in the basic 'armour'. At the same time, so few parts limits a persons ability to define their own style. I'd like to see the return of some more division, though nothing so varied as Morrowind and Daggerfall's.
I'd also like to see totally separate slots allocated to more mundane items. Clothes shouldn't occupy the same equipment slot as Armour, and you should be able to wear a wider range of accessories such as cloaks and hoods, and un-enchanted jewelry.

Equipment Slots
Primary (Gear) Secondary (Aesthetics)
Head (helms & Circlets) Hair (Hoods, flowers, hats etc.)
Shoulders (Pauldrons -Pair-) Shoulders (Cloaks and capes)
Hands (Gauntlets and Bracers -Pair-) Wrists (bracelets)
Body (Cuirass, Breastplate etc;) Clothes
Legs (Leggings) Fingers 3-8
Feet (Boots and Shoes -Pair-)
Magical Ring 1
Magical Ring 2
Neck (Pendants, amulets, necklaces)
Left Hand (weapon, spell, shield)
Right Hand (Weapon, spell, shield)
I remain unsure as to the idea of modifications to these, as things could become overly complicated rather quickly. Ideally, i'd like to see rare 'embellished' versions of each armour set... With increased value.
*Hardcore* Fitting
In order to be an efficient source of protection, armour needs to be fitted to its wearer. So long as armour remains un-fitted, its protection is diminished, and it is more difficult to move in. As such, the penalties for that type of armour are dramatically increased, and it's overall AC is decreased.
Armour you find in the world will be un-fitted, though anything you buy or make yourself will be fitted (no self respecting smith would let a customer walk out in un-fitted armour). Likewise, a sufficiently skilled Smith can modify armour to fit themselves or their followers.

2.3; Crafting
Crafting in Skyrim was both too limited, and too easy. The ability to simply stand there and whip out hundreds of Iron Daggers, as well as the fact that you could spontaneously understand how to make complicated suits of armour was terrible in terms of immersion, and diminished the contribution that exploration can have with crafting. Whats more, it proved a highly exploitable mechanic which, when combined with Enchanting, horribly broke the already strained game ballance. At the same time, you could really only craft strictly usable items, with no consideration for artistic and mercantile items.
I'd like to see an implementation of a recipe system, similar to the spell books. Starting knowledge is limited, and while you use perks to unlock the working of new materials, creating new types of items requires the player obtain a recipe for it. Some of these could be bought, others would have to be found in dungeons and ruins, making it so the pursuit of crafting isn't strictly city-based.
Likewise, the ability to paint, make carvings and produce less battle-oriented items would add more depth to the world, and offer another source of income.

Daedric Crafting
I have a particular problem with Daedric crafting in Skyrim. Daedric weapons and armour are rare and powerful, requiring skill in both metalworking and in enchanting. They are bound Daedric spirits in specially prepared Ebony, and should require something a little more involved than just a single perk, some Ebony and a Daedra Heart. I would like to see requirements like;
Daedric Dweomer - Enchanting Perk
Ebony Temperance -Smithing Perk
Ebony Ingots (number depending on whats being made)
Soul Gem containing Greater or Grand soul from Daedric creature (to be bound in item)
Daedra Heart/blood (for treating the Ebony)
Fire Salts (normal fire isn't hot enough for this job!)
This would make it so the creation of Daedric weapons and armour is a rather serious investment of time and resources, and the creation of an entire suit and arsenal is an impressive achievement.

2.4 Loot
Loot should not be expressly in terms of usable items. There are many things which are valuable, from statuary to paintings to exotic cloth, when we raid a bandit lair of crypt there should be more to pick through than just weapons, armour and ingredients.

3 The Economy
We are at a point where fluctuating prices and realistic trade is more than possible in a video game. In fact, many 4x strategy games have had 'Stock Markets' for years, allowing cunning and attentive players to dramatically change the resource-war in a very short amount of time. It's time we see this type of interaction in an RPG, and TES6 is the perfect launching platform for any such change in how we view RPG's.

3.1 Fluctuations
The price of various goods should change dynamically throughout the game, depending on locations and where they come from. This would make an excellent addition to the Radiant AI system, allowing for dynamic events such as Bandits and aggressive wild-life to obstruct trade routes, allowing players to either solve the problem, or bypass it with the now scarce goods to make a greater profit selling in isolated areas.
At the same time, player-actions should affect the economy as well. If you help Blacksmith A improve his forge, his more efficient business should affect competitors in the nearby cities. If you kill everyone on Farm B, then the availability and cost of what they grow should be affected in Town C.
3.2 Inflation
The cost of goods in Skyrim is all over the place. Things like clothing and books have almost no value, while weapons and armour can cost thousands of gold. This isn't helped by the whole notion of leveled rewards, where a level 80 player may receive 1000 gold from the 'poor mill worker with nothing to spare' for finding her missing husband. Set monetary rewards are a must, and the overall costs of items need to be more natural.
The problem with spiraling, D&D Dragon-esque holds can also be solved, or at least mitigated, by expenses. Paying regular upkeep to your mercenaries, paying those who work your land, guild dues, regular bribing of officials etc. There should be more, less material ways to spend money, and players shouldn't be able to accumulate vast Scrooge McDuck style vaults of money by simple walking around and picking up junk.
3.3 Property Wealth and variety
I also would like to see an inclusion of more of a concept of property wealth and income generators. Investing in businesses and properties of which you can charge rent, the ownership of livestock and farms to produce sellable materials etc. Give is more ways to interact with the economy than just "Raid dungeon, sell loot".
At the same time, there should be costs to living in but not owning land, and residents should have to pay taxes to the local lord.

4 Speech and Social Interaction
Skyrim is really poor when it comes to interaction. Everyone seems to trust you right off, theres no basis for reputation or NPC dispositions, and with the exception of a few characters, NPC's are simply quest-vendors. This detracts a lot from the idea of a living world, and this is a pity because the Radiant AI system offers a lot of motion and interaction possibilities to the world.

4.1 NPC Disposition
In Skyrim, people either like you, or they don't. A few of them change their minds after you do a job for them, but for the most part it seems everyone has immutable opinions about the PC.
Whats more, even if they don't like you, they're still willing to throw important quests at you. People don't trust complete strangers to find lost family heirlooms, or track down murderers. Bring back dispositions and let PC's form some semblance of relationships with the NPC's of the world.

Bring back the 100pt NPC disposition
Introductory value based on race, fame and active organizations
Influenced by Persuasion
Should be slower gains
Not the 30+ point changes in Oblivion
1-5pt changes per day
Persuade/Complement
Modified by Speechcraft and Charisma
Intimidate
Modified by Speechcraft and Strength
Bribe
Can increase or decrease based on multiple variables
Honest people don't like bribes
Shifty people prefer more money to less
Regaling
PC's can tell stories, embellishing them based on their Speechcraft, to impress crowds
Characters may need higher dispositions to give you quests

4.2 Dialogue
Dialogue needs to be more natural. People need to recognize the PC and their accomplishments, but the PC also needs to be able to interact with NPC's in a realistic way.
More importantly, conversation shouldn't just be about delivering quests and quest-related information. We should be able to converse with NPC's, learn about their stories and their lives. Skyrim is years ahead of Morrowind in terms of NPC stories, but we need to continue that trend so we can have a world full of interesting people.

New options based on Skill levels and attributes
A high 1-handed skill gives you conversation insight into combat conversation
High Intelligence gives you insight into someone lying to you
Better player responses
The responses in Skyrim were unusually poor and robotic
Fluff
NPC's should have things to say that aren't relevant to any quests
ex; History, local politics, random musings
Recognition
Merchants in particular should recognize frequent customers
Initial greeting
Special greeting for regular customers
ex for 4+ visits in one week
Recognition of absences
Haven't been in shop for 3 weeks
Special greeting for NPC's with high dispositions

4.3 Fame and Infamy
I never really saw a purpose to this system, until Envy123 explained some of the benefits of the Karma system in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. With that knowledge in hand, i agree that Fame and Infamy need to return.
They shouldn't affect NPC disposition, mind you, but should instead impact how your companions see you, and some dialogue options with NPCs. There may be a Warrior, looking to make a name for himself, who will only fight beside someone famous, or an Assassin who refuses to fight alongside someone who isn't rightly feared. Use your fame to convince a Palace guard that you belong at a party you need to infiltrate, or your infamy to terrify a Fence into giving you better prices.

5 Crime
Crime in Skyrim (and most TES games) is virtually inconsequential. Paltry fees for outrageous crimes, meaningless sentences and a rather absurd psychic net which tells every guard you've committed a crime, no matter how far away.
Repercussions for committing crime need to be more severe, but the options in getting out of it need to increase as well. And word of your deeds should travel, but not instantly or be limited to Holds or Dukedoms.

5.1 Repercussions
More severe punishment for crimes.
Murder; Jail, no fines ; 1 Year per murder
Theft; Equal to amount stolen +100 gold ; 5 days per 100 gold
Trespassing; 100 gold ; 2 days
Assault; 200 gold ; 5 days
Fine exceeding 1000 gold; Jail time replaces fine ; 10 days per 100 gold
5.2 Alternatives
More options than just paying fines or going to jail
Bribing Magistrates
Infiltrating cities and bribing officials for 50% of fine to drop charges
Framing
Planting stolen goods or murder weapon on bandits or other people and framing them
Guild assistance
Particularly for Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood
5.3 Serving time
Allow hard-core RPers to actually serve their sentence
Option when sleeping every day to serve full sentence or wake next day
Also gives the potential to escape
5.6 Skill loss
No loss of actual skill levels, but serving jail time decreases all progress in one skill per days served
5.7 Tracking
Guards in the immediate area should be made aware of crimes almost instantly
Word should travel to adjacent regions in 1 day
Expanding outward 1 region per day

6 Containers
Since Oblivion, containers have been nebulous voids of unlimited storage. Were we so inclined, we could store and entire armoury in an Apothecaries Satchel. It's absurd. There has to be limits.
In an ideal world, i'd like to see certain containers only able to hold certain types of items, but frankly i'd settle for a limited capacity. And something needs to be done about carrying loads. We should be able to transport more, but we can't just tack it onto the Character, being able to carry 500lbs of junk is crazy enough. Easiest solution there is to simply bring back the lovely Daggerfall Wagons.

6.1 Variety
Bring back crates
Why they were modeled and put in-world in Skyrim, but not interactive is beyond me
More types of esoteric containers
Hollow trees, cabinets, desks etc
6.2 Limited Capacity
Different containers should have limited capacities
Crate; 500lbs
Barrel; 300 lbs
Apothecary satchel; 10lbs
6.3 Random Contents
More variety in contents
Trade goods, foodstuffs
Less coins
1-5 coins, max
6.4 Carrying
300lbs capacity for all characters
Worn armour doesn't count
Increase total movable loads with a Wagon
Mountable like a Horse, interactive from rear
Stores 3000lbs
Companions take up 200lbs of space when riding in back

7 Followers, Companions and Marriage
Skyrim started in the right direction by including Companions and Marriage into the base game, but they seem to have stopped there. The systems are both shallow and clunky, offering little rewards or incentive to pursue new companions or marriage in general. Which is something of a pity, since even in Fallout 3 the Companion characters seemed like living people.
Followers need to have actual personalities, instead of being extensions of the PC who occasionally make irrelevant commentary, and Marriage needs considerably more depth than just wearing an amulet.

7.1 Companions
Adjustable behavior
We should be able to issue general orders to affect the behavior of Companions
Setting ranged-only combat
Telling them to flee when wounded
Offering support to allies
Personality
Characters need stories
Revealing the story can be linked to a Companion's disposition
Morals
Companions should have their own beliefs
Committing actions should provide disposition changes based on your active Companion's beliefs
Disposition
Higher disposition offers new conversation options and skills
Lower disposition can lead to desertion
Limit
More than one companion, but still limited
2 minimum, 4 maximum, i would think
The inclusion of realistic, living companions may all necessitate fewer total companions
7.2 Followers
Temporary companions related to quests
Adjustable behavior
More limited than Companions
Wait, follow, etc.
7.3 Marriage
More in-depth
Requires high disposition
Courtship
Traveling places with your special someone
Gifts
Better rewards
Disposition bonus with family
Inheritance in case of family death
Better bonuses for sleeping at 'home'

8 The Player Character
There are many modern standards to the PC which TES games have glazed over lately, be they in creation or in the basic presence within the world.
To put things simply, we need more options in appearance and an expression of individuality and an actual individual within the world.

8.1 Customization
More options
The character creation in ES:O is both characterful and offering abundant variety, it should form the basis of the next TES game

Post-creation customization
Changing hairstyles
*Hardcore* Hair growth?
Facial paints/markings
Scars?
Tattoos
Piercings

8.2 Presence
When we look down, in 1st person, we should see out body, and what we're wearing
8.3 Movement
Sprinting was a nice addition, back in the day, but movement in video games has become a more interesting, more natural system. From the jet-assisted to parkour of Titanfall, to the stealth movement of Thief, it's clear that just running isn't enough anymore.

Climbing
'Sprinting' at a low wall or cliff allows you to climb up it
Strength dependent?
Jumping/sliding
Jumping while sprinting allows you to leap gaps reliably
Slide over low obstacles?
Sneaking
While sneaking, can crawl under low blockages
Creep through sewers and the like

9 Combat
Combat in Skyrim is fine if viewed as a simply mechanical process. It get's the job done, though lacks anything in terms of elegance. At the same time, Oblivion's was hardly better, and in comparison Morrowind's was abysmal. Slight changes could be made to Skyrim's combat to include more styles and attack combinations (as detailed in Perks) and the effects of stagger should be increased slightly, but other than that, it functions acceptably.
Still, there is potential from drawing on other games to increasing the actual tactical aspect of combat, particularly Analogue Combat from Dead Island (which is rather similar to Daggerfall's combat).
One thing which must be added, however, is the ability to do damage to enemy limbs. We've seen it in Fallout, we've seen it in Dead Island, there's no reason why it shouldn't be in TES.

9.1 Location Damage
The ability to inflict damage to enemies limbs to hamper them in combat
Parts; Head, Torso, L-Leg, R-Leg, L-Arm, R-Arm
Broken legs slow movement, broken arms prevent use of that hand
9.2 Standard Combat
With normal combat, things are pretty much the same as in Skyrim and Oblivion. Click the attack button, your character goes through a standard sequence of slashes and chops. Don't attack for long enough, or interrupt your attacks with a block, and the sequence resets. Bring back Morrowind's different types of attacks (Chop, Slash and Thrust) to allow for differentiation between weapons, with the Sword being the most versatile, the Mace being the least.
As you unlock special moves with the Perk system, have them function the same. Left-Attack does one thing. Back-peddle-Attack does another. As i touched on earlier, each type of weapon should have it's own tree for special moves so there is minimal repetition and more variety in play-styles. For instance, Backpeddle-Attack for an Axe can be a shield grab, where you use the hook of the Axe to pull your enemies shield away, whereas the same motion for dual swords could be a parry-thrust (One weapon parries, one thrusts, at the same time)
9.3 Analogue Combat
When you hold the attack button, you ready your attack. Then, however you move your mouse/joystick determines the attack. Left and right slashes left or right. Down, whether straight or angled, causes a chop (there could even be angled chops, which would mesh well with locational damage). Up is a thrust. By holding the attack button, you can ready yourself, and having control over the specific attack allows you to time and adapt your fighting strategies more naturally. Once you get used to it, anyway.
In terms of slashing, left then right quickly (or right then left if wielding a weapon in your left hand) causes a backhand slash. This, in turn, triggers special attacks like the shield-trap i mentioned above.
In terms of dual wielding, holding the attack buttons and moving in a direction triggers a double stroke, but if you alternate between buttons you can chain together several attacks rapidly.
Haven't figured out how power attacks would work though... Maybe pressing sprint as you attack?
9.3 Blocking;
You should only be able to block with a Shield. You simply don't block with a weapon, you try to deflect the attack or get out of the way otherwise. That should be a totally different dynamic from blocking.
9.4 Clashing and parries;
Which brings us to weapon clashes. A timed attack against an opponent, which strikes at the same time as their attack, should parry, causing a stagger. The higher the skill, the less the stagger. This would allow skilled fighters to parry, recover, and counter before their opponent can recover. There should also be a recovery bonus for dual weilding, as you have a second weapon to attack with. This is something else what would mesh well with the analogue combat system. However, parrying is not nearly as reliable as blocking (or dodging) and you should always take minor damage for it.
9.5 Dodging
Double-taping movement in a direction should cause you to dodge in that direction
Heavier armours cause a delay
Athletics perks to make dodging faster, or cover more distance
9.6 Mounted Combat
This was a great inclusion in Skyrim, and should return, but it needs some expansion. Opponents that fight from horseback, pole-arms for longer reach, trampling enemies etc. Make mounted combat a genuinely interesting part of the game rather than just a semi-entertaining side.

10 Stealth and Thievery
Stealth, in both TES and Fallout, needs some major work. At it stands, it makes no sense, and suffers from absolutely moronic AI.
Stealth needs to be brought into the current generation, if not taken beyond into the next. NPC's should have multiple detection models (sight and hearing at least) which are independently affected, should be able to affect the status of allies perceptions, and react more naturally to their environment. They should also not totally forget about being shot, or watching an ally die next to them, and return to a peaceful state.

10.1 Better Sneak system
Dual detection model
Sight
Based on frontal conical field of vision
Light dependent
If you're creeping in broad daylight, you're gonna get seen
Sound
360 degree detection
Dependent on surface as well as boots
Stone makes more noise than grass
Heavier boots make more noise
Influenced by environmental sounds
A waterfall drowns out footsteps
Echoes
Detection states
Passive
No detected threats
Alert
Suspicious of potential threats
Heard something
Saw a shadow
Was recently searching
More likely to see or hear
Passed on to encountered allies
Reverts to Passive after X time (should be long, even a full day)
Searching
Aware of nearby threat
Attacked
Witnessed an attack
Discovered a body
Heightened detection
Actively searching area
Passed on to encountered allies
Reverts to Alert after X time (should be several minutes at least)
Non-fatal disables
Using saps and choke-holds to dissable without killing
For those who don't want to leave a trail of bodies
Better moving of bodies
The current system sucks
Interact with and actually pick-up/drop bodies, allowing you to hide them
Distractions
Throwing rocks, shooting arrows, 'Ghost sound'
Alert and Searching enemies will go towards the sound
Camouflage
The ability to decrease the visual detection of an enemy based on special wearable gear
Cloaks can make sneaking in the dark more efficient
Forest-camo can treat forested areas as various stages of darkness
10.2 Thievery
Real-time lockpicking
Add some suspense to breaking into buildings
Ability to force locks and use magic
Forcing locks is loud
Unlock spells are bright
Stealing items causes noise, which can allert others
More versatile infiltration kit
Rope & Grapples for climbing
Even if only usable on certain objects
Thief Rope Arrows
Paralyzing poisons & dart-guns
Toggle thieving on and off
No more accidentally stealing things trying to talk to people
10.3 Sneak Attacks
Melee sneak attacks against certain targets are instantly fatal
Perks to increase range of targets
Ranged sneak attacks do extra location damage
Disabling enemies before engaging
Special activatable kills?
Dropping down from a ledge, Assassin's Creed style?

11 Towns and the World
The age of cells is passing, and the age of truly open worlds is dawning. In the future, as little as possible should be locked behind separate cells. This would allow for a greater range in the options available to characters in how they interact with and explore the world.
At the same time, the world should feel more alive. Skyrim was an improvement over Oblivion, with rabbits and foxes added to the Deer, but there needs to be more wildlife and more people. Not everyone needs to have a name and an identity, and the majority of people we pass in the world would probably barely acknowledge our existence, but they should still be there.

11.1 Towns and cities
Open to the world
No more separate cells
Allows for more options when entering a city
Sneaking over the walls at night
Open buildings
Looking through windows to see what's inside
Inconsequential inhabitants
Traders, shoppers, laborours, drunks, thieves, prostitutes etc.
Random flavor to the cities to make them feel more alive
Barely interactive; Offer a greeting or dismissal, nothing more
Randomised names?
De-spawn if out of PC's sight for X Minutes
11.2 Dungeons
Darker
Set starting stories
Randomized occupants after initial clear
May be Bandits one month, Undead/Necromancers the next
Puzzles
More varieties in Puzzles
Sliding Squares
Riddles
Collection
Similar to Dwemer Oculatory (but with hints this time!)
Loot
More misc loot, less gear
Particularly less awesome gear
Fewer leveled rewards
1-2 leveled rewards a dungeon
Less gold
Only in logical places
On bodies
Funerary offerings
Bandit/Pirate hoards
Not in random chests
Non-Imperial currency
Dwemer, Aleyid, Akaviri etc
Rare, only in appropriate ruins
11.3 Leveling
Leveled and Unleveled dungeons
Find some way to denote... Gut feeling? Divine warning?
Once cleared once, Unleveled dungeons become leveled
Unleveled Wilderness
Higher leveled enemies the further you are from town
Legendary and Mythic enemies
Special, named, unleveled enemies
Escapes
Daily Powers which allow you to escape from Too-High encounters
Mark & Recall; Teleports to a marked location
Smoke- Pellets; Disorients all enemies nearby, aids stealth
Discretion is the better part of Valor; Increase speed and stamina

12 Quests
Its something of a sad reflection on TES that Skyrim's quests were so bad. Even the tacky feel-good quest-lines of Oblivion would make Skyrim envious. At the same time, the stories in Skyrim were fantastic, even if the absurdly bad quests related to them were choppy, poorly thought out and overly simplistic.
Quests are about telling a story, and that story should be the primary focus. If you want loot, go clear a random dungeon, or do a petty job. Particularly when dealing with main questlines, they need to be longer, so there is less abrupt jumping around (the Companions is a prime example of this problem) and shorter one-off quests from people in the world should be a little more linked to the dungeon-stories.
Finally, rewards need to be re-worked. As i said earlier, to lower inflation, leveled rewards need to be far, far less common.

12.1 Division
I would propose that what is currently contained in the idea of 'Quests' be divided into 3 categories. Quests, Missions and Jobs.
12.2 Quests
Quests are components to story driven adventures over a period of time. Primarily linked to the Main Story, or the Organizations/Guilds, quests are the life-blood of RPG's and need to feel natural in their progression (not rushed or choppy) but also fit into the overall world

Main Story Questline
Starts with introduction
Typically escape from captivity
2-3 quest orientation
Go to Town A
Speak with Person B
Obtain item C
Etc.
Minimum 5 quest 'Building Action' (ideally 10 or more)
Discovering major players
Uncovering the primary threat
Developing player-powers
5+ quest Pre-Climax
Everything starts coming to a head
Collection of artifacts to aid you
Defeating secondary enemies (Dagoths, Dragon priests, etc.)
1-2 quest Climax
Confronting the big-bad
1-2 quest resolution
Settle things down, resolve relationships
Explain impact, or lack there of (Tell us that no one can know you save the world)
Possible lead-in to expansion content
Guid Quests
Introduction
Signing up!
Test of relevant skills
1-3 quest Orientation
Simple, guild related quests
Rat catching
Ingredient collection
Pick-pocketing
5-10 quest Rising Action
Introduction of many story plot
Establishment of key players
Exploration of primary threat/story
1-3 quest Climax
Confrontation of primary story-threat or idea
1-2 quest Resolution
Tying up loose ends
Becoming/refusing Guild Master
Secondary Quest-lines
1 quest Introduction
Signing up!
1-3 quest Orientation
Establishing the faction and players
Establishing the story-conflict
5-10 quest Rising Action
Building on the conflict
1 quest Climax
Resolution of conflict
1-2 quest Resolution
Rewards
Branching
Can have multiple branches
Side with character A or B
Branches should change the path slightly
Infiltrate lords Manor quietly instead of assault it
Summon Daedric informant instead of find book in Dungeon
Regardless of path, should arrive at the same ending
Prevents 'Dragon Break' problems

12.3 Missions
Missions should be single tasks given to us in the world, not linked to long-term story-lines and pertaining more to the immediate needs of people we encounter. For instance, helping a woman find her missing husband, recovering an old soldiers favorite sword from some bandits, or helping a shady merchant off his business partner. They should be outwardly simple, straightforward and short.

Single act tasks
Can have multiple stages
Ex; Talk to Person A to learn location of Bandits, then kill bandits and recover sword
Should be straight forward objectives
Still room for different approaches
Ex; Kill merchants partner, warn him, report to guards etc.
Limited radiant implementation
Objective locations should be mostly set
Allows for mission to be tied into dungeon-stories for more depth
Set rewards
Special items
Special Perks
Skill-increases

12.4 Jobs
Jobs should replace the current idea of Radiant Quests. These are simple, profit earning tasks, assigned by Guilds, Tavern Barkeeps, Bounty Boards and Governors/Jarls/Dukes/Counts/Etc. The locations would be determined through the current system, the rewards leveled, and the tasks themselves straightforward.

Simple to understand Bounties
Retrieve item A
Kill monster B
Collect X bandit ears
Etc.
Leveled
Level random for Bounties
Barkeeps, Counts and Bountyboards don't care about your level
You could get absurdly simple jobs, or impossible ones
Difficulty selectable for Guilds
Easy (Job Level < PC Level)
Moderate (Job Level = PC Level)
Challenge (Job Level > PC level)
Leveled Rewards
Based on Job Level, not PC Level

12.5 Daedric Quests
The Daedric Quests are something of a unique situation in TES. They don't fit into the story driven Quest-line model above, but at the same time are more complicated than either Missions or Jobs. They should be short, but still showcase the particular temperament of the Daedra in question. They should also be challenging, as Daedric Artifacts are highly valuable, and should have the power to reflect their status.

2-6 Quests long
* Which Daedroth should be apparent within the first 2 quests
Introduction to Daedra and/or Artifact
Shrines, usually
Dawnstar Museum idea was interesting
Proving worth
Accomplishing a petty, though challenging task
Revealing competency and Obedience
Confronting primary challenge
Collecting artifacts
Vanquishing particular foe
Receiving reward
Daedric Artifact
Need to be more powerful!
Allies/Companions
Challenging
Just as Daedric Artifacts need to be stronger, obtaining them needs to be harder
No leveled encounters for Daedric quests
Defiance
Skyrim had it right, we need the option to spit in the face of the Daedra
Should be at the expense of the Artifact, but with different rewards

13 Factions
The faction involvement in Skyrim was particularly bad. Aside from a free place to sleep, there was virtually no reason to join any of the factions. To compound matters, there is very little to DO once you are part of a faction.
Both these problems need to be addressed, along with the seeming detachment of the Factions from the world. The Companions don't really interact with anyone, the College never actually does anything magical, and the Thieves Guild basically just sits there and complains about being poor. Fighters Guild teams should wander the roads, sent off on missions, Thieves should skulk in the shadows, and Mages should be out doing research and gathering ingredients.

Faction Reputation
Alters the base disposition of people the FIRST time you talk to them
If you've already offended someone, being in the same faction as them won't help you
At lower ranks, you may need to identify yourself as a member of the faction
Thieves Guild Handshake, Mages Guild badge etc.
Presence
The Factions shouldn't be cloistered groups, but should be active in the world
Random members on the roads and in the woods
Incentive
Access to special crafting resources
Plans
Special Forges, Alchemy Labs, etc.
Spell Crafting
Rank related?
Access to rare materials
Superior Lockpicks, higher quality gear, powerful potions
More powerful spells
Easy introduction equipment
Uniforms!
More Companion options
Easier mercenaries/occupants for player property
Cost
Guilds collect dues
More reliable Jobs
Ability to choose difficulty of jobs

14 Artificial Intelligence
The AI in TES games needs some serious work. Enemies fight to the death, animals kamikaze themselves against you regardless of injury, and even when something retreats, they tend to run infinitely away from you. I'm not a programming expert, not by a long shot, but there needs to be a better system.

14.1 NPC's
Similar to now, different aggression options
Smugglers only attack when you intrude on their personal space
Bandits attack on sight when outnumbering
May negotiate if PC and companions are extremely powerful
More cooperation between allies
No shooting each-other in the back
Surrender
Alone and injured enemies can surrender
Potential for rounding up prisoners and dragging them to town?
Reward for prisoners?
Pursuit
Generally don't chase PC too far, preferring to stay near 'Base'
14.2 Animals
Most animals should leave you alone, unless approached aggressively
Wolves, bears etc. should back away whenever possible
Unless diseased
'Packs'
Many animals live, hunt and fight in groups
Increased aggressiveness for parents with young
Cornering
Even an Elk, when cornered, will fight back
Pursuit
Will only pursue player for a determined distance
Predators pursue further, parents shorter
14.3 Monsters
Agressive (Trolls, minor Daedra, Undead, Falmer)
Attack on sight
Pursue relentlessly
Edgy (Spriggan, Giants etc.)
Attack if you get too close
Don't pursue too far
Possible negotiation with Language Perks?
Passive (Mammoths, Netch etc.)
Only attack if attacked first
Don't pursue far

15 Perks
Perks. Oh, how i love Perks. They are easily the best thing to happen to TES since Morrowind's change to a understandable leveling system. However, they were haphazardly implemented in Skyrim, unbalanced in the extreme and far, far too restricted.
The Perk system needs to be expanded, and can form the basis of future TES Roleplaying. The range of options available, how they influence gameplay, and how they shape the world and out experiences are nearly infinite, and i hope, Nay! I Pray! I pray that Bethesda keeps working with the idea instead of scrapping it because of the short sighted complaints which cannot see past the sloppy implementation.

15.1 Types
There should be 3 main types of Perks. Character Perks, Adventure Perks and Achievement Perks. Each of these is obtained in a different manner, and confers different benefits to gameplay.
15.2 Character Perks
Character Perks are only obtained during Character Creation. These would be a semi-revival of the old Advantages-Disadvantages from yesteryear, slightly manipulating different aspects of your starting experience, and with lasting effects throughout your character. Most would be minor, though stronger ones would come with a draw back.
Of course, you would have to be limited to how many you could take. 2-3 seems reasonable.

Examples of Character Perks
Magical Prodigy
+20% Magicka
+10% Attribute Progression; Intelegence
-10% skill progression in Combat Skills
Bruiser
+10% health
+10 % Attribute Progression; Strength, Endurance
-10% Attribute progression; Intelegence, Agility
Friendly
+10% starting dispositions for all NPC's
Eye for Detail
+5% bonus to crafting results
Can affect potions, item stats, value etc.

15.3 Adventure Perks
These would be your bread and butter perks. Still obtained through leveling up, these perks would affect the strengths of your character, your special abilities, your combat techniques etc.
I would like to see them re-arranged, though, away from that god-awful and restricting constellation nonsense. Arrange them like the Compass Rose, with Combat, Magicka and Stealth arranged as West, North and East, and for South, add a 4th 'tree' for Heroic perks. This particular tree pertains to your race, allowing you to develop the character of your race if you so choose. It should also contain 'unlockable' branches linked to the major transformative conditions; Lycanthropy, Vamparism and Lichdom.
One thing i would like to see, particularly when dealing with the Stealth to Magicka trees, is some interaction with the Combat tree. Minor elemental empowerment your weapon strikes, Enchanting specializations affecting Smithing, Stealth Perks affecting draw-speed etc.
More importantly, though, Perk Trees should be extensive and encourage specialization, while at the same time affecting your experience.

Example Perk specialization
Combat
1-handed Weapons
Critical Strike
15/35/50% chance to inflict double damage
Crippling Blow
+10/20/30% locational Damage
Decapitate
Criticals on enemies below 20/30/50% health kill the enemy instantly
Blade
+10/15/20% damage with 1-handed Blades
Skirmisher
+10/20/30% damage when using a Sword and another class of weapon
Quick-Draw
Draws and switches weapons faster
Opportunistic Strike
Striking a staggered opponent crits automatically
Hit-and-Run
+5/10/15% speed after a successful Power Attack
Duelist
+10/20/30% damage when wielding 2 swords
Riposte
Faster attack speed after parrying
Parry Master
Decreases damage when parrying by 10/20/30%
Disarm
Double Parry disarms opponent
Bulwark
+5/10/15% damage if using a shield in one hand
Following Slash
Slash speed increased after blocking
Rapid Recovery
Stagger recovery increased by 10/20/30%
Defensive Thrust
Can thrust while still blocking
Stealth
Athletics
Beast of Burden
Increases carry weight by 100/200/300lbs
Long-Winded
Stamina drain during sprinting 15/30/50% less
Deep Breath
Increases breath capacity when swimming by 10/20/30%
Explorer
When resting outdoors, received 15/30/50% Well Rested Bonus
On the go
Effects of food doubled
Careful footing
Fall damaged decreased by 10/20/30%
Tolerance
Effects of Poison diminished by 20%
Soldier
Not encumbered by armour
The Long March
Stamina drain while sprinting in Armour decreased 20%
Take it with you
Resting on Bedrolls increases resting bonus 15/30/50%
Battle-Fortitude
Health Regeneration increased by 20%
Trader
Basic movement speed increased out of combat
Heavy Load
Carry weight increased by 20/40/60 lbs

15.4 Achievement Perks
These perks would be rewards for certain actions, obtained by completing quests, joining certain organizations etc. Things like knowing the Thieves Guild handshake, how to recognize smugglers-marks and "Divine Intervention" (teleporting to the nearest Temple).
Crafting Plans could also be included in here, allowing you to more easily identify what you know how to make.

16 Magic
17 Kill-Cams, executions and disables
The Kill-Cams in Skyrim were an interesting cinematic addition, and can add some enjoyable variety to combat, but they can't just be left as they are. They need to march on, some of the more... clunky ones need to be re-examined (I have yet to have a Dragon kill where i actually hold onto his head...) and the magical ones need to be overhauled entirely.
At the same time, instantly fatal sneak attacks should feel more epic than just shiving someone in the knee. They should be stealthy and dramatic. Similarly, we should be able to disable enemies without killing them, knocking them out or gassing them in a suitably cinematic manner.

17.1 Kill-Cams
As mentioned above, kill-cams need to progress if they are to remain. With the inclusion of a location damage system, you could have some interesting finishers, lopping off limbs or crushing skulls. Magic also needs some love in this regard, as their current finishers are lack-luster at best.

Weapon kills
At least one per type (Blade, Blunt, Axe, unarmed)
Ideally one for each attack-model, with preference for highest damage attack
Scimitars use slashing kill
Maces use chopping kill
Different animations for 1-Handed and 2-Handed
At least one for shield
Skyrim's shield kill was quite enjoyable
Special unlock-able finishers for perk-specializations
"Cobra Strike" unlocks an additional kill animation for Assassins
Archery kills
Mostly as is
Follow the Arrow in flight, get to watch it impact into skulls
Variable kills for different arrow types?
'Heavy Arrows' ripping off limbs?
Magical Kills
More ESO trailer, less *Snore*
Melee spells
Grabbing people, melting faces
Lightning shooting from eyes
Freezing people solid
Channel Spells
Tossing bodies in-stream aside
Queen Ayrenn in the ESO traier, tossing Daedra around
Target spells
Flinging bodies around
AOE spells cause people to explode
Disintegration!

17.2 Executions
Executions, in this context, refers to instantly fatal sneak attacks. Mentioned earlier is the ability to buy perks to allow you to instantly kill certain types of enemies while undetected, and the vast majority of executions would be caused by this. However, with the right abilities, you can even shiv a Giant in the spine, so any sneak-attack kill could quality.
As it stands, you just poke something and it dies. It's dull, and not particularly rewarding. Whats more, having enemies randomly fall doesn't do much for a continued sneaking dynamic. Executions should create a more cinematic feel, while allowing a little more predictability on how enemies collapse. With a deeper stealth system, this could allow stealthy characters to clear out entire dungeons without being detected.

Kills
One for each weapon-type
Silting throats, axes in skulls, smashed temples, decapitations
Should be quick and silent
No impaling, nothing that would cause people to scream or fight back
2-handed weapons get no kills?
Enemy placement
Small weapons like Daggers and Swords finish with you carrying the corpse
Allows you to drag a body into the shadows

17.3 Disables
We shouldn't have to kill EVERYBODY. Even in Morrowind, you could knock some enemies out (albeit for a short time) and that mechanic needs to make a come back. If you're sent on a mission for the Thieves Guild, we should be able to sap and knock out guards. We should have sleeping darts, knockout gas and a myriad of other ways to infiltrate than just avoidance and murder.
Disables should also be as cinematic as possible. Sapping guards, putting Bandits in choke-holds, chloroform or just punching the big bruiser with a glass jaw.

Toggleable
This really needs to be an ability which you can turn on and off. While on, your character only tries to disable his opponents, rather than killing
This would also allow for interesting things like smashing people with the pommel of the sword
Long-term
Knocked out enemies shouldn't get up after a few seconds like in Morrowind. Let it last a few in-game hours.

18 Classes, Builds and auto-leveling
This is something that's been hotly debated... And frankly, i hated the old classes. They were restricting, unnatural and nothing but a throw-back to older cookie-cutter RPG dynamics. That said, many people seem to like some definition of identity that comes along with having a 'Class' and i suppose i can appreciate that.
At the same time, the concept of pre-defined builds and archetypes offers something of an introduction which would allow players who aren't familiar with more complex character building (as defined by the above Perk section) to play without having to learn the ins and outs of the system beforehand.
Plus, having the ability to plan out your build beforehand, and never having to go back into the Perk tree allows for a more seamless game-play. You could even have a peripheral app allowing you to design builds while not playing the game, and the ability to share those builds through a system like the Steam Workshop.

Auto-leveled Builds
Plan out, stage by stage, what abilities and perks you want to unlock
When you level, you buy the next perk in line
No need to constantly go into the Perk menu and look at what to get next
Pre-defines what skills you want to use
Locks progression to those skills?
Classes
Revive the old Classes are release builds packaged with game
Customization
Allow players to design their own builds
Sharing?
Players can download others builds to try out?
"Adventurers"
The current 'Standard'
No pre-defined perk progression
More complicated, but also more versatile

19 World Interaction
The world needs to be more interactive. Oblivion had the most novelties, with the whole moving chains and vines, and Skyrim offered some interesting ambush scenarios with some of the traps, but overall, there remains little in the way of interaction with the environment.
Whats more, you have less interaction with the world at large. Regardless of your position, you have no power. As the leader of a Faction, you can't control the activities of that faction (though, admittedly, they don't do much anyway).
There should be multiple ways to interact with the world. From cutting the ropes on a rack of barrels to force your enemies to scatter, to opening windows to slip into places undetected, to actually LEADING your factions.

19.1 Object Interaction
We need to be able to interact with the objects in the world to a greater degree. Cutting ropes, climbing over low walls, smashing down doors... Object interaction allows the game to have the potential for more strategy. No more would it just be about marching through a dungeon, killing everything. We could set ambushes, open new routes for infiltration or find creative solutions to problems.

Fire and light sources
Movable candles, lanterns, torches
Knocking something over puts it out
Can extinguish and re-light
Sundry objects
Moveable containers?
Knocking over barrels to slow persuit
Strength requirement based on contents?
Rolling logs
Cutting ropes on stacks of logs
Log-traps
Destructible doors, windows and chests
Hard work, but should be an option
Make lockpicking the quickest and quietest way into things
Lighting rickety platforms and bridges on fire?
Repaired after X days
Deploy-able traps?
Set up your own ambushes
Eff the Po-leese, i wanna be a Bandit!
Knocking over ladders?
Cutting ropes?
Doors, grates, windows
Climbing through sewers
Sneaking into windows
Sneaking down chimneys?
Narrow shafts?
Watch out for fires?
Environmental objects
If it's reasonably moved, we should be able to play with it!
Tapestries
Rugs
Chains
Robes
Vines & Roots
Containers and Furniture
Let us drag stuff around
'Activating' moves it into its proper, upright position, but at its current location

19.2 Faction and Domain (Hold, Village, County, Kingdom) Interaction
We should have greater interaction with our holdings, just as they should have greater interaction with the world. As the leader of a faction, we should be able to send our underlings out on jobs. Let us manage the Guild's finances and reputation, upgrading its facilities and recruiting new members, or sending people out to complete tasks
Step things up from Hearthfires, let us take control of a village and its surrounding area. Recruit and assign guards, send them to clear the roads and keep trade open, impose taxes and actually involve yourself in the world around you.

Faction management
Use a map at HQ to open
Review members and resources
Keep track of the guilds wealth
Identify what skills your underlings have
Send people on missions
Guild members can't die, but high relevant skills decrease time for success
Generates income for the Guild
Guildmaster gets a cut
Can set what % of cut you get
Can use guild funds to outfit members in better gear?
Bring your guild from ruin to glory?
Domain management
Set taxes
Gives pool of gold available for paying Guards, building structures
Mayor/Duke/Jarl (the PC) gets a cut
Can skim off the top for a bigger cut
Build structures
Set 'plots'
You have to pick between options
No going back once decision is made
Similar to Raven Rock, but updated by 10 years
Hire and pay Guards
Guards protect the town from Bandits and wildlife
Can patrol the roads to keep it clear for trade
Can send guards out to clear nearby ruins and caves
Resources
Operate a Mine and a Lumber Mill
Use stone and timber to build and upgrade structures
Trade surplus to increase your domains wealth
Anything you can assign to minions, you could of course do yourself
This would fit in with Radiant quests as well
Peripheral integration
Manage your town and factions from your Smartphone or tablet without having to load up the game

20 Persistence
This is going to be a touchy concept, since there seem to be a number of people who hate having an 'Always connected' game. While not totally necessary for a persistent world, connection would allow for integration with peripherals, allowing you to review your build, your town/faction, your journal etc all while away from the game.
But this all requires that the world be Persistent. When you turn it off, things should still happen. Caves should re-spawn as new bandits and creatures move in, new faction-missions should become available, and the minions you've dispatched should continue their work while you are 'relaxing at home'.
Fable 1 and 2 continued to generate rent while you weren't playing. Assassin's Creed 4 allowed your fleet missions to plod on even if you didn't pick up the controller for days at a time. It's time TES gave us a truly living world, one that goes on even if it's hero is taking a few days off.

• 10 months later...

Yes and no, but it should also give ideas to Bethesda that some of the things they Simplified is Stupid.

Now with Skyrim out of the way and the Next TES Game along the way witch IMO "Valenwood" hints on Children being heavily influenced in that Region.

All in all, theres allot of Ideas for the Next TES Game that should be brought back that was in Oblivion like the Settings of Lighting and Shadows.

Edited by daventry

They got to fix their Ff$#R%$#iing pathfinding. Navmeshing is (mostly) horrible and the technology hasn't budged an inch in what..10 years? F3, FNV, Oblivion, and now Skyrim, all suffer from an exceedingly poor pathfinding system. Their navmeshing technique is so poor, it would have killed lessor titles than the ones I mention. A new whole new model and overhaul of NPC movement is long overdue and desperately needed.