What Is The Best Game Ever

BloodWindBal

and last but NOT least.....................

POSTAL 2!!!!!!!!

Just think, what other game allows you to behead people with shovels then burn the corpes with a bucket of gasoline and a match, make fun of every relegion, and PISS on everything, everyone, and at everyplace. Even on people. its like grand theft auto meets south park and stick death!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you disagree, then you are wrong for I am God

:P

Please tell me you're joking... that sounds like a nomination for WORST game ever. I know you're not old enough to understand this, but an offensive game is not a good game just because it is offensive. Come back when you grow up.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...best strategy......"StarCraft"...

How can you use that phrase with the game StarCraft?

Everyone I see playing it *cough*FlightlessBird*cough* just builds up a massive army and rushes. (particularlly in the begining)

Rise of Nations is has way more strategy because it uses a flanking system.

As for good games...

Mechwarrior/commander series.

rant

This would be a valid response if this thread was in the "Debates" section, but it isn't.

Our answers are based on our opinions. My opinion(shared with A_D apparently) is that Deus Ex and Half-life are the best games ever. If I was asked to support my opinion(which I really shouldn't have to) with "why" then I would say this:

Deus Ex- I like the cyberpunk 'future but not too far into the future' setting, the characters like Alex Jacobson and Jock, the high replay value as there were multiple ways to get through a given situation (save 1 or 2 situations) and the level design (the undersea base, forgot the name, being one of my favorites). Plus, the storyline was brilliant.

Half-Life- the multiplayer, mods mostly, were great and fresh (for the time). I spent countless hours playing the 2fort map in Team Fortress Classic. The singleplayer was just as brilliant as the multiplayer.

There wasn't much to it, just go from one area to the next and kill everything in between, but the way it was presented was spectacular.

It was seamless, for the most part with quick 3 second loading times in between maps, but sometimes I got such a feeling of lonliness when I was up against a million marines and had like, 10 bullets left. Then there was a good feeling when I came upon a room filled with ammo.

Both games offer great experience, but Darnoc, don't try and prove are opinions wrong, because they are exactly that, OPINIONS.

~Valdir

Technically Doom3 Isn't out until Aug. 4th in the US but I have my ways (usenet)... not exactly shall we say... legal? But I don't care because I am going to buy the game anyway in a couple days, I just couldn't resist the early test hehe. They deserve our $$$, they made an amazing game and I'm more than willing to buy it.

I have it running on High settings at 1024x768 (low resolution still looks amazing... it's weird, i thought i was at 1200x1024 at the lowest until I checked) also I have 2xAA on and I have no problems whatsoever, in fact I could easily get it going much higher than that but I havn't tested it yet.

My system is pretty good though, Athlon64 3200+ ATI 9800pro128Mb 1Gig Ram. I had a friend install it on his machine to see the difference, he has an AthlonXP 3000+ 9700pro128Mb and 1Gig Ram and was able to get it to run at my specs with ease (hence my guess that I could pump it up a bit more.

Well i started when i was 3 on my dads Sega Mega Drive on Sonic the Hedgehog, WOW what a game and what a Machine :D

Anyway my favourite game would probably be Final Fantasy 7 and a game called Enemy Zero for the Sega Saturn (Brilliant Console :D) the game terrified me as a kid. Way ahead of it's time. Gotta love the classics.

and last but NOT least.....................

POSTAL 2!!!!!!!! 

Just think, what other game allows you to behead people with shovels then burn the corpes with a bucket of gasoline and a match, make fun of every relegion, and PISS on everything, everyone, and at everyplace. Even on people.  its like grand theft auto meets south park and stick death!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you disagree, then you are wrong for I am God

:P

Please tell me you're joking... that sounds like a nomination for WORST game ever. I know you're not old enough to understand this, but an offensive game is not a good game just because it is offensive. Come back when you grow up.

Dude peregrine:

Postal 2 is not how we say "great game". Its just funny as hell..............

Im 18 so HA. I just watch too much southpark. Plus forgot to mention a very good game, rise of nations. And surien, doom 3 rocks. I also downloaded it but i already ordered my copy which will be here in a fe wdays anyways so...............

I would happily pay even 80 bucks for doom 3................

Ps, I paid 45 in the preorder................

• 7 months later...
What is the best game that you have ever played

i started playing game s att he age of 6, 11 years of exp. under my belt.

best game ever Final Fantasy 7

Very good choice, but Mother 1(japan and emulation only) for the NES was the bomb!! Then when Mother 2 (Earthbound) it was even better. If you don't have an emulation for any of those games get one!