Journal Mod

BlackZero500

Hi. I searched long and didnt find anything. Is it possible to make a Journal or Diary mod? Like you buy an Empty book and write it by your self? I found one Journal mod were you have an editor for making books, but thats not what i want. i want to write it ingame. Ok i see its quite difficult to insert pictures. But just writing should be possible. Or not?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8892

This mod is as close as it gets to a custom notebook/journal. It provides a software (seperate from skyrim) for making an in-game journal. You can't write on it in-game but you can do an Alt-tab switch back and forth. I personally don't use the mod but I think you won't be able to see added notes until you quit skyrim and start it back up again. This isn't really that big of a deal if you don't mind a little extra work.

I could imagine after a long day of adventuring, you retire to an inn, close the game, write in your journal, start back skyrim again and there's your day's entry in the journal. Pretty fun I imagine, might start using it myself.

EDIT: Just read through your post carefully, I guess you were referring to this mod LOL. Well sorry, but honestly I feel like this isn't too bad of an idea.

Edited by Tehandyman

I personally use this site to take notes with the Steam overlay (I try to make them short, since the site is kind of buggy with the overlay) and then copypaste the text with the CK into a personal journal (a regular book). Of course, it's not exactly what you want and it's similar to that other mod, but at least with that site I linked you can write while you play :)

• 2 weeks later...

A few years(?) back I had started a similar project then stopped, didn't really get too much far with it but I can try to take it back and see if I manage to do something decent, I suck at modding/scripting so no promises.